Mothering Forum banner

Creating Downloadable Files for my Blog

697 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Twocoolboys 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this? I'm working on creating downloadable files for my blog. They will mostly be cleaning checklists. I've done my first one and used Keep and Share, a file sharing service. However, it's a Word document. I'd really like to use Adobe, which I have. I need to find a free service that will host my documents and allow my readers to view for free. Any ideas?

Right now, everything will be free. But, I may eventually want to set up a paypal link to sell the checklists. Anyone have any exerience with that?

#2 ·
Which blog service do you use? WordPress has the option to upload the files to share when creating posts and it will link to them for download. Also with WordPress you can install the free eCommerce plugin that will allow you to sell products (including digital ones) on your blog.

As far as creating it, it would depend on the intended use. If it's just a reference or something to print and use then you could create it in whatever program you like and just export/save as a PDF. Then there are no compatibility issues. If it needs to be editable then you'll be a bit more limited. People without Adobe will only be able to read it, not edit it. .doc files are the most compatible for the widest variety of people but there are still some (albeit few) who can't use them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.