I started my blog... now what? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-19-2011, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How do you generate traffic to your blog? 

What is the code of ethics on when and where to link to your blog? 

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 10:10 AM

Guest blogging has been the best way to generate traffic to my blog. I find like-minded blogs and offer an exchange. Over on DiaperSwappers, there is a regular bloggers' chat thread where lots of crunchy moms are interested in guest blogs. There is also a guest blogging portal. Mom blog clubs are another way of generating traffic, but rarely genuine (you might get comments like "found your blog through X Y Z mom bloggers' club, now will you please follow me?" irked.gif). Guest blogs make your blog more interesting and varied when you do an exchange, you get traffic from the other blogger's site, and perhaps most importantly, it helps you do better in the search engines, which is where the biggest portion of traffic lies.

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#3 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Olivia.smile.gif

(I'm also going to take a note from yor sig and add that I blog in my sig.winky.gif

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
#4 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 11:44 AM

I participate in a lot of "link ups" and it's generated a ton of traffic for me. It depends on what you blog about...but you find a blog offering a chance to link yours on a specific subject (I do a lot on homemaking/parenting/Scripture) and make sure to click on other blogs and comment.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#5 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 05:06 PM

Sasha, loving your blog! Can you make comments open to commentators with name/URL? That is how a lot of bloggers like to comment, and me too. I was going to leave something on your breastfeeding post, but couldn't do it that way. I am not a gmail or FB user, so I could not comment.

And, if you want to exchange guest blogs :), let me know! I'd love something on twin birth, and I have already had a TTTS mom before. I can write about anything you like.

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#6 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post

Sasha, loving your blog! Can you make comments open to commentators with name/URL? That is how a lot of bloggers like to comment, and me too. I was going to leave something on your breastfeeding post, but couldn't do it that way. I am not a gmail or FB user, so I could not comment.

And, if you want to exchange guest blogs :), let me know! I'd love something on twin birth, and I have already had a TTTS mom before. I can write about anything you like.

Olivia, thank you. love.gif

I have been trying to fix the problem with leaving comments that you wrote about but can not figure out how to resolve the problem.irked.gif  Anyone know how to fix that?

An exchange sounds really fun.  Thank you for asking. orngbiggrin.gif  I'm still really new to all this so just send me a pm on when and how.

#7 of 7 Old 01-27-2011, 04:31 AM

Sent you a PM. I have no idea how to fix the thing with blogger, sorry. There might be tutorials on the web.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page