I want to start a review/giveaway blog - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-06-2011, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
but I am not quite sure how to get started.

I already have a blog with an OK following-- probably not as good as it could be, but it's decent enough. I would want the review/giveaway blog to be separate, but could promote it from my Seasons of Joy blog. I have a very specific purpose in mind and would be fairly focused in what I would promote. I just have no idea how to get started.

I do actually have the name and the blog placed already, but no content, again, because I am not quite sure how to begin.

Do I just start by reviewing stuff? By promoting other people's giveaways? How do I promote the blog? If I do a review or post an etsy treasury or something like that, do I let the business know?

Is the market saturated? Is this destined for failure? I don't think I see a whole lot out there that's specifically in the niche I want to cover.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Curious to see a reply to this one. :)

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#3 of 4 Old 02-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not a blogger so I can't answer many of your questions but just a word of warning.  The FTC seems to be taking a harder look at bloggers in terms of reviews, recommendations, etc.  There is some concern that many bloggers are promoting things for money and their readers might not understand that (and therefore take the recommendation with a grain of salt).  I've seen some pretty crazy things out there lately lol.gif

Anyway, I'd recommend a very clear disclaimer to stay out of trouble.  I'd think you'd have less issues since your blog would specifically be for reviews and giveaways but it's hard to say what the government is going to do sometimes.

Best of luck!  Hopefully you get some good answers :)

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#4 of 4 Old 02-08-2011, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks! The first thing I did was create a disclaimer/disclosure:
Disclosure, Disclaimer, and PR Policy
Disclsoure
This blog is written and edited primarily by me, Annette F******, with the occasional guest post. Any questions regarding this blog can be directed to f****************** (at) gmail (dot) com.

I do not, at this time, accept advertising or paid sponsorships. If I do eventually accept paid advertising or sponsorships, it will not influence the content of this blog. This blog may, however, be influenced by my background, religion, political affiliation, or experiences.

This blog accepts goods and services in exchange for review and giveaways.While I may be given a product sample or complementary service for review and/or giveaway, it will NEVER influence the content of the review. I do not get paid to give reviews. All views and opinions expressed on this blog are solely my own. I will only endorse products and services that I believe are worthy of endorsement and which fit in with the mission of this blog. I do not claim to be an expert; any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Disclaimer
I cannot be held liable for any harm inflicted by any products mentioned on this blog. I am not responsible for any damages incurred due to product usage, be it physical, emotional, or otherwise. Any reviews are simply a statement of my own unique experiences; your experiences may be different and I cannot be held liable. Likewise, I cannot claim responsibility for any statements, opinions, etc. made by commentators.

Attention PR Persons
I am seeking to review and/or host giveaways for businesses that provide products or services that are in keeping with Everything Lovely's mission statement-- to promote that which is "true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent, or worthy of praise". I am especially interested in companies that support homeschooling, natural family living, mothering, attachment parenting, gentle discipline, whole foods, natural healing, breastfeeding, seasonal living, wholesome celebrations, etc.

If you would like to provide an item(s) for review and/or giveaway, please contact me at fr***************(at) gmail (dot) com. I require a full-size product or complete service in order to give an honest and accurate review. Please do not ship items to me for giveaways unless we have agreed to do so. Any shipping expenses will be your responsibility, unless we have agreed otherwise.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page