How do you manage your mailing lists? (if you have an online business) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2011, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for ideas to manage dp's mailing lists for his website. Existing mailing list managers are quite expensive, so those options won't work. We need to send different emails to different groups- the idea is to send a certain email after being a member for one month, another one after 2 months, etc. kwim?

Any ideas? Or mailing list managers that aren't really expensive?

I'm toying with the idea of using text documents, and somehow organizing them in folders. But there has to be a better way that I'm just not thinking of.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 07:45 PM

Not sure if this is helpful but we use Mail Chimp for our newsletter and I've been happy with them.  We are going to start using their multiple list feature soon (to have a separate newsletter for our affiliates).

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

Old 03-21-2011, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

That is really helpful! His mailing list is within the "free" limits (towards the upper end, but still), so that works out well :)

It would give him a GREAT chance to see if a regular mailing would bring in any more income, and make it worth paying a monthly fee. I think it will definitely pay for itself, but he's afraid to put out money without more coming in.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

User Tag List