So frusterated! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So long story short I used to WAH making baby carriers but since the new CPSIA regulations kicked in I decided to close up shop for good. I do alot of other creating/crafting and crocheting so I decided to take my friend up on the offer to do craft shows locally with her. My main focus is hair clips, hats, booties, bibs, and tooth fairy pillows. We did a few craft show's last year and I have commited to doing a few more this year before I have the baby.

SO what I am frusterated about is the fact that my friend is now starting to make the same kind of hair bows that I am making! Which not only means that I will have to compete with other vendors who sell bows and clips but I will have to compete with her as well. And to make matters worse I will have to be match in price to what she is selling! I am so MAD! I am ready to just tell her to forget it! I don't have enough stock yet to have my own table but I am seriously considering just stocking up all year and then just doing the shows myself next year. I just spent $189 on a Slice Fabrique to decrease the time I spend cutting all of the felt that I need to make my felt clips and I ordered a ton of pre-made Korker ribbon as well. I feel so let down by her that I don't even want to see her!

WWYD? Would you confront her? I just started making the hair clips recently but I have made it very clear to her that my intention was a huge push with the hair bows and felt clips because I don't have alot of time on my hands right now for longer projects. She knows I spent a ton of money on these supplies. I feel like she is being so underhanded.....

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page