Does this contract sound fair? Need advice quick :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-13-2011, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey I've been contracted do design some cover art for a friend - she's self-publishing her book on Kindle. Here's the contract - does it sound fair to you girls? I'm meeting up with her tomorrow to discuss.

* L agrees to produce cover art for A's novel.

* A shall be the 'creative director' of the cover art, and L shall be the artist and creator of the cover art.

* Cover art shall be described as any drawing or photo that L has made, created or produced and that A uses for any novel that she has written.

* L shall retain all rights to her art and photos, with the stipulation that she does not use them to promote herself or her art unless mentioning A's novels congruently.

* A agrees to pay L a $50 advance for the cover art for the novel by May 15th, 2011.

* A agrees to pay L an additional $150 after the novel is published and A has received her first check from those sales.

* A agrees to pay L 1% of all sales from the book if those sales exceed $3,000.

* L's contract prices for following books shall be negotiated on a per-book basis, but shall not be less than the amounts detailed in this contract.

* At no time shall either L or A allow creative disagreements to interfere with getting the cover art in place for the novel.

* Cover art for the book shall be totally finished by L no later than May 15th, 2011.

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page