Selling through a store. What do I need to know? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2011, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I do a lot of scrapbooking for fun. Cards and layouts. I called a place called Atlas Sunset Crafts to see if they'd be interested in selling my cards for a portion of the profit. They agreed to meet with me to discuss it! I'm nervous lol. What do I need to know? Any tips or suggestions? What to be wary of? Any advice would be great. I've never worked from home before. 

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 10:16 PM

Couple of things come to mind for me :)

--Be open to feedback.  The store owner knows what sells to their particular customers and you may have to make some changes to your product to make it a good fit.

--Be realistic about margins.  Store owners have to make a profit or there's no reason for them to work with you.  Keep in mind that store owners (online or physical storefront) have a lot of expenses.  Something I see too often is a producer not understanding that a small margin just doesn't work.  We can't lose money selling your product.

Good luck!

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Good advice, thanks. :) I found this guy through google maps... So I thought he had a location but looks like it's mostly online. I'm fine with that. I'll definitely stay open to his feedback and margins. I'll be meeting him wednesday :)

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!

User Tag List