Wow its been awhile! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-26-2011, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Its been some time since I've posted on MDC! I have been so busy with my two little boys and balancing life. I am happy to report though that things are going GREAT in my world and I have really grown so much.

I am finally on Etsy! I am finally selling my artwork "for real" and it feels so good. Also have my website that I recently "renovated". Actually going to do a TOTAL rehaul and merging of my art & events businesses. I am gradually making a name for myself locally and online. It is such a journey. What keeps me going is my commitment to my creativity. I try to make sure I'm nourishing my spirit all around, and everything else seems to fall into place. I'm getting good at creating healthy business habits and practices too. I still feel so "at the beginning" but I guess every day is a new beginning no matter what stage you are at in your business.

So I'm here to share, to give/receive support from other mamas who are creating a sustainable living for themselves. I still run my mom's health food store part-time, but I see it fading, and honestly I'm nervous because its my only (small) stable income...but its good because it will push me to really take off in my business. Some days its overwhelming thinking of all the things I "need to do" to grow my business network and to lay the foundation. One step at a time! I'm focusing on celebrating my successes!

It feels good to be back here. I'll check out the chat thread and see what everyone is up to!

Michelle

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#2 of 3 Old 06-27-2011, 02:14 AM

Hi Michelle,

Congratulation for your business. It always nourish my own spirit reading good story like the one you share here, thank you for sharing. I want to be inspired. I always want to have my own business too though I dont know where to start. I am lack of focus. Currently I work freelance online but having a business is my long term goal.

Success to you!

#3 of 3 Old 06-27-2011, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!

For me the only way I really got motivated about my business was to really get clear about who I serve. What I have to offer, what I really enjoy doing, what energizes me, who really benefits from the value I give, who I WANT to serve, and what is the higher purpose of what I do...these are all questions I've spent some time answering, and I find the answer is constantly evolving and I have to revisit the questions often. Once I became pretty clear about what I have to offer and who I serve, then I began brainstorming all the elements of my business that I'd like to implement. I made lists of everything that would need to be done and then just began taking one step at a time. I refuse to burn myself out like I have before. I am focusing on leveraging what I've got, including my time and energy. This means I've had to take a serious look at how I value my time and energy, and charge accordingly. I've had a lot of "stuff" come up through this process, about self-worth and value...but its all been for the better.

I wish you all the best in living your own dreams! Some times it is the smallest step that causes the necessary chain reaction. ;-)

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page