Alright diaper WAHMS.....tell the truth... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by beckyj
Well I don't go to many boards or trading posts I never see them. But I hear of them I see posts about how they got this diaper from a swap or a board and I find it funny sometimes how long they have been around. One of my very first diapers from 3 years ago is still around...that is so funny to me
Thats because they're awesome and I can see them lasting thru many children!!!

Chris Mama of J, A, C and M
Surromama of four
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 12:17 PM

Yeah, I just realized I NEVER see LHC for sale! I know you'd have to pry my Little Red Riding hood from my kung-fu grip to get it away!

Aherne, you are hilarious!!!

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#33 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stacey31

I was just wondering~~I think about it alot & wanted to ask.
I was wondering the same thing. I was feeling bad selling something on Ebay the other day because it didn't work for us but it was such a cute dipe.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#34 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 01:21 PM

It initially worried me ("what did I do wrong?"), yet after talking to other wahms about it, they told me it was completely normal and happens to all of us. That made me feel alot better. Also, since I buy from othe WAHMs myself, I totally understand an item not working/fitting well for your particular child.
#35 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 01:27 PM

and you know it is kind of bothersome when you see your brand spanking new diaper orders sold right away. Even when I see really old stuff sold from way back when first off amazes me those suckers are still in rotation somewhere and then I think to myself, "wonder how many butts that one has seen" LOL! Seriously I only hope that each and every one of my diapers goes out into the world and gets loved.

Sometimes I get an email saying oh I just love these and then a day later you see em on the TP, I just think : but hell that just means someone else is going to get it and enjoy it.......mawh ha ha!
#36 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 01:32 PM

I started thinking more about this too. I bought a used benjamuffins once and it is one of my favorite diapers and I am going to buy some more.

So in a way it helps WAHM's I guess. It is advertising that they really don't have to pay for right?

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#37 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 02:15 PM

I was thinking about the lonely diaper that needs a home thing. Sometimes I see stuff on ebay and people say things like this was only used a couple of times and they say that they bought it from someone who only used it a couple of times, and then I wonder what's wrong with it.lol. Maybe they are cursed or something! :LOL
#38 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 02:54 PM

Nope, I don't think it would bother me...but I also don't frequent the TP enough to know if my stuff is being sold or traded :LOL Like most of the gals here have said, not everything works for everyone, and that's fine! It might work great for the mama buying it second!
#39 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 02:56 PM

Well we have a large rotation and very occasionally I'll get a custom diaper made for me that is just awesome but doesn't fit (usually too big).

Normally I'd keep it but Nathan is growing at a snails pace! For goodness sakes he's in small Dewdrop diapers and small fireflies! He hasn't moved a snap setting since he was 2 months old!!! The child will be 8 months old next week!

So I worry about the beautiful diapers I get that are too big, I think about them often because they really are pretty or special to me.. I think about the WAHM making them or how nice it is to get something so custom. I think about the emails the WAHM and I have exchanged about the diaper or just things in general..

And then I mourn the diaper and decide to let it go to a house where it can be used and loved (and I know it will). It's not fair for me to keep an unused diaper for more than a year waiting for Nathan to become bigger! lol Some lucky baby should be able to use these now.. and maybe they'll look me up after their baby grows out of the diaper (which I've asked many of my "too big for us now" buyers to do ).

Ok.. I know that was long but it was on my heart.

Oh and sometimes (if there's something available) I'll use the money I made and go right back to the WAHM's site that I just sold the diaper from and buy the next size down! Because I really DO want her diapers!
#40 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 04:07 PM

Seeing my stuff for re-sale doesn't bother me, although like most others, if it is a new order, I feel bad for the mama who got it and then was probably diappointed that it didn't work out for her. I know how excited I am to get fluffy mail, and the thrill when it fts perfectly.

I have had people get a "pre-owned" diaper from someone, and then come and order new from me. I think it helps WAHMs to have customers be able to try things out less expensively.

I have a few diapers I bought from other WAHMs that just never fit on my ds. Dare I mention, a Diaper Garden turnip that he can wear, but it just doesn't fit really well so I rarely use it. I look at it sitting in his diaper basket, and think of how much I paid for it, and how I could sell it....but I have this hope that it will either miraculously someday work, or that it will fit on our next baby....I can hope, right?
#41 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheena
Yeah, I just realized I NEVER see LHC for sale! I know you'd have to pry my Little Red Riding hood from my kung-fu grip to get it away!

Aherne, you are hilarious!!!
I agree witht his one...... You would have to pry them out of my cold dead hands... they fit Ryan like they were made for him..... Oh wait my fitteds were..... :
#42 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 09:55 PM

Well I just started so have not had enough orders to have someone sell stuff but I dont think I would be hurt. I would hope if it were really a problem (other than it just didnt work for that particular baby) the customer would tell me so I could fix it or replace it or whatever.

I think I might be excited to see my stuff going on ebay!
#43 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 09:59 PM

it only upsets me when i think about how a person might resell and give incorrect sizing or care info. when someone orders directly from me, i know that i have given them all of this information. but all i can do is hope they will go to my site themselves!

i dont think of it as a judgement of my product at all.

tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#44 of 46 Old 04-08-2004, 11:59 PM

Quote:
I'll use the money I made and go right back to the WAHM's site that I just sold the diaper from and buy the next size down! Because I really DO want her diapers
I've done that! Sort of...I had a mama make me some diapers. They were beautiful. I would oftentimes take them out and gaze at them. But they just didn't work well for my heavy wetter. But I still wanted her dipes because they were great. So the next time I had her make me one with more absorbency. The thing is perfect! I mourn the ones I sold but know they are being loved more at their new home.
#45 of 46 Old 04-09-2004, 12:06 AM

Hey guys ... moving this to WAHM Well so you WAHMs can speak your peace more openly.
#46 of 46 Old 04-09-2004, 01:35 AM

I'm guilty! I had a custom order and they were the most beautiful diapers I owned. BUT, they were too big for my son since his growth slowed dramatically right after I ordered and it was going to be a very, very long time before he could wear them. I needed money badly and they had to go, but I still miss them! I love the WAHMs products and still buy from her.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page