How do you guys manage to stay stylish and chic? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2012, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

To all the stay at home Moms out there!

I am a stay-at-home Mom although I also work from home for a company.  However, I was wondering how do other stay at home moms manage to stay stylish and actually dress up. I am 28 with 3 kids and youngest baby is 7 months old, second son is a toddler and oldest one is 7 years old. I was wondering the other day why I would keep buying clothes although I pretty much never wear them and we don't really get to go out on date nights because we have not met a suitable baby sitter yet.  I used to love to dress up because I was going on campus years ago.  It may sound silly but I fear the casualness I am used to, would hinder my sense of style and I would not know how to dress nicely anymore.  I am not complaining because I love my life and I am blessed with a wonderful husband and kids.  But I still want to look like a hip and stylish young mom.  I still want to look cute for myself and also my husband. So, how do you guys manage to stay stylish and clean and actually get to wear all the fancy clothes in your closet? Or did you stop trying all together?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 PM

I don't bother unless I have a meeting or we are making some sort of how-to video. It's funny because the other day I had a meeting so I did my hair and put on some decent clothes. It dawned on me I really should make an effort more often ROTFLMAO.gif

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

Old 02-09-2012, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm not a mum yet, but I still struggle a little bit with the same thing because I can sometimes spend a whole week at a stretch not leaving my house which often means I reach for the comfy pants, and the not so nice shirt...since I'm just home.

I find it helps to plan what I am going to wear the next day the day before. I am much more likely to choose a cute skirt, stockings and a nice shirt if they are already laid out, waiting for me in the morning. The more effort I have to put into getting dressed in the morning, the less likely I am to bother putting something nice together.

Pack away all clothes that you feel bad about wearing and make you feel as if you have lost your sense of style. Put them in a box, put tape around, put the box high up on a hard to reach shelf. If you haven't opened the box in six months, donate it. Repeat this every now and again, so you are only left with clothes you actually like wearing in your closet. It makes the choice in the evening that much easier.

Now, what you should be left with is clothes you like wearing. Which flatter your colouring, your shape etc. Clothes that make you feel good about yourself. That is a step in the right direction, no?

Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much guys for helpful tips.  It is not easy to juggle all the multiple roles and responsibilities and still have time for ourselves.  24 hours is barely enough for all the things on our to-do list! lol

But by the grace of the Lord Jesus, we make it day-by-day.  I will definitely put more effort into my hair and outfit choices to stay as fresh and cute as possible.  In all, we constantly need to remind ourselves that they will be children for a little span of time, and we need to enjoy it while we can.  It is so awesome to have a community of women ready to help one another. 

Thanks guys!

Tags
Wahm
User Tag List