help in creating or finding resources for making a website to sell ebooks/pdf files - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-24-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I write homeschool curriculums and how to guides and would like to sell them online with a delivery system to people's emails.  I don't know how to do this and was wondering if anyone knows tutorials on-line on how to do this or if not do you know how to do it.  I would hire a professional to get this started.

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-22-2012, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Do you mean something that sends the ebook to the customer's email when they order?  I have seen a site that sends out newsletters when someone subscribes so maybe sites that do that service could also do this?  I think I've read that they can, but I haven't gotten there yet...I'll try to find the site that was recommended to me. 

#3 of 5 Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 PM

Are you selling ebooks? Smashwords.com has an excellent system in place that lets you sell across platforms.  You usually get 85% of the profit. You don't have to deliver to an email, customers just download the files and Smashwords handles the $.  Formatting is supereasy.  I highly recommend them. 

Also, you can post ebooks directly to Amazon through their Kindle Direct Publishing Program.  They pay 70% on most ebooks to the author.

This is all so do-it-yourself easy, you don't really need professional help. 

Hope this helps!

#4 of 5 Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 PM

Many e-commerce software systems offer virtual product down load capabilities. We use Magento which would probably be major overkill for what you need (and frankly it's expensive to program and run so unless you have a very busy site, I'd stay away) and I know it has a way to download virtual products although I haven't played with it.

Off the top of my head, the blog www.gnowfglins.com does a really nice job of distributing eBooks and eCourses. Not sure what she's using though.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#5 of 5 Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 PM

I hear e-junkie is good for digital downloads. You'd want MailChip or AWeber for emailing newsletters and such.

You might check out MyWifeQuitHerJob.com for info about opening up an ecommerce store.

If you've made any progress would love to hear about it!

Tags
Wahm

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page