My Successful Business Started With Writing Jobs Online ... I want to share my business model with other WAHMs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-25-2012, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone - I met a lot of great women here when I was pregnant back in 2009 and going through a lot of rough times ... I initially sustained myself by doing a lot of writing jobs through various forums and I did really well with that ... however over the years, I have nurtured my business into a lot of other services and I have a lot of clients and my business takes in well over $10k in revenues every month.

After giving it a lot of thought, I figured out how I could potentially teach other women what I did because I think anyone who is able to manage writing jobs off forums and the whole array of clients that you likely manage (just like I did) could easily replicate a lot of what I do in my business.  

If you read through my previous posts, you will see that I have a special needs baby and a lot of crazy personal circumstances and this business model has allowed me to really nurture the relationships I have with my clients and enjoy a lifestyle where I can be at home all the time and be with my daughter, while working simultaneously.  If you do the math, yes, she is 2 now and the days of working while she plays next to me are long over, and with my business revenues, I am able to hire a part time nanny who helps me along the way.

I do not want to make it look like it is an easy thing, because I do work very hard, however I also enjoy a comfortable lifestyle and spend a lot of time with my daughter and have a lot of flexibility in my life.  I would love to help other like minded women that are interested in achieving the same thing and I was thinking that if I had someone to help me along the way to show me the best model for my services and how to establish myself in a manner that will likely result to success, I would have built my business much faster.

I am wondering if any women here are interested in learning more?  Please let me know and I will see how I can efficiently communicate with those that are interested once I know who wants to learn more.

Thanks and best wishes to all you WAHMs :)

Send a free breast cancer ribbon to a woman you care about to remind them to get their annual mammogram - early detection can save lives!
#2 of 8 Old 02-25-2012, 04:41 PM

Are you recruiting people to join something or just sharing? 

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#3 of 8 Old 02-25-2012, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlest birds View Post

Are you recruiting people to join something or just sharing? 

Hi there - if you mean do I work for a company like Avon or Mary Kay and am trying to recruit people into my pyramid, no ... this is something I built myself just using my own intuition.

I want to share my business model with other women and I can either help set things up where I act like a mentor or a coach, or I can offer plenty of resources and point to online tutorials where anyone can self-teach themselves in areas they may need to build their business out in a similar manner on their own.

It is not like I would be a necessary piece to do the business expansion so it is not like I am trying to pigeon-hole people into needing my services - it is just a natural progession of expansion and maybe people who write did not think of their service in this manner.  Someone can feasibly do it all on their own as well if they have good organizational and communication skills, etc ... all the same skills that building any successful business would require.

My business has offered consulting services in this manner in the past so I have helped some people expand or establish their business, however it is not like a vital part of implementing the concepts.

Send a free breast cancer ribbon to a woman you care about to remind them to get their annual mammogram - early detection can save lives!
#4 of 8 Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 AM

What do you mean you wrote for forums?  How did you go about submitting your writing or were you given assignments? 

#5 of 8 Old 04-21-2012, 07:27 PM

Greetings!

I'm finding myself needing to find a second income working from home and I am being pulled in the direction of writing.  I have a science and business background so I was steered more towards technical writing.  I could certainly use some tips and advice as to how to go about finding opportunities, so if this is something in your area of mentoring, I may be interested. 

DD#1 arrived 2/7/10!
#6 of 8 Old 04-22-2012, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

It turns out I was looking for something like what you're offering.  I do write for a living and I've been trying to put my business together, but I really need to find a way to make it more profitable and more reliable.  I'd love to be pointed in the right direction and would gladly do blog reviews for you (one of the ways I'm making money online)...

#7 of 8 Old 05-09-2012, 04:32 PM

My boyfriend is a programmer for Media Piston and says a lot of WAHMs write for it. It might be useful to someone looking for a little extra income through writing!

crochetsmilie.gif heartbeat.gif cat.gif

#8 of 8 Old 07-29-2012, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone - sorry I have been off the forum for a while - many of these posts came through a bit after my last post and I missed all the interest ... I will go through all the PMs and messages this week and get back with everyone - thanks!  Lina

Tags
Wahm

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page