ETSY SHOWCASE ! Never Waist Your Money on a BAD ETSY SERVICE! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-03-2012, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When the small shop owner opens shop on ETSY he or she knows that good product+good service is everything. We learn on our mistakes and try to improve our service and products all the time.
ETSY in another hand is an exception. If they offer a bad service, they know it, but they are not returning money for it..

Here is my story.
I have a small sewing patterns shop. I worked hard to create new products and to improve my service to my clients. As any other shop owner on ETSY I need to give more exposure to my products to sell more. Recently I  saw a great advertisement on ETSY promising A LOT!!!
Look at it:
"

Purchase a Showcase spot
The Showcase is Etsy's advertising program, designed for Etsy sellers. By purchasing a 24 hour spot in the Showcase, Etsy sellers highlight their featured items in prominent places on the site to increase shop awareness and boost sales. "

I purchased about 12 spots for different days in April.
After first showcase has started I tried to find my Patterns SHOWCASE.......
Where are you showcase?.......No showcase?
I was trying hard to find it...Imaging my customers, they are not going to dig out for an hour to find ETSY SHOWCASE....
Ah, here it is. Entrance page for People who are not Logged in. 99.9% of my customers are automatically logged in in their ETSY profiles. If you are logged in, you'll never see  ETSY SHOWCASE...

It is very hard to earn money on ETSY and for small business in general. I create my patterns and tutorials when my daughter is sleeping, in the day and in the night.
After I contacted ETSY TEAM about BAD SERVICE and CHEATING ADVERTISEMENT, Bernard answered me "Regardless of the results of your Showcase, Showcase spots are non-refundable and non-transferable. For more information about Showcase fees, please read this article from our Help Center:....."

After this response I simply feel that all my nights of hard work were stolen from me by ETSY who already earned enough fees from me...

Don't waist your money on ETSY SHOWCASE...  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-05-2012, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Thank you for the information. 

#3 of 3 Old 07-25-2012, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow.  That's a bummer.  That's really the ONLY place it shows up?

For what it's worth, I never log into my Etsy account unless I come across a shop or item I want to add to my favorites or if I want to purchase.

Tags
Wahm

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page