WAHM while in school? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-25-2012, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Next fall I will start my senior year of college! I'll also have my 6 yr old and our new baby (due in one week!) My SO has been working nights part time and looking for either a better or a second job, while taking care of us. He has been working himself to death! I've been trying to spend all my time learning what I can about CDs and mama pads and knitting soakers. Anything I think might help us save money. All of my cloth and yarn has been either recycled or from my mother or mother in laws' stash of fabric.

Since next year is bound to be my busiest ever, I really want to find something I can do from home to help my SO pay for everything. I am a very crafty individual and I really want something that I can do in my free time (when I have time) and then maybe take on more full time when I graduate. I've tried making and selling a few crafts but I am not a good saleswoman. I have even made handbound books, which I enjoyed until my belly got too big to cut paper... Anywho, Does anyone have any ideas or input on what might be right for me? I've tried Etsy but it wasn't too successful since there's so much stuff on there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-26-2012, 04:59 AM

Cha-cha? In-home child care? Blogging with ads? My neighbor would hit up the garage sales and then ebay things... he would go out with his iPhone and scan books to see how much they're worth online, etc.

I wouldn't give up on etsy necessarily. You never know who might stumble upon your page!

And congratulations and your impending baby and last year of college!!! joy.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 3 Old 09-09-2012, 12:55 PM

I joined Scentsy a little over three yrs ago. At the time, I was pregnant with # 4, was a fulltime student and DH was deployed in Iraq! Since then, they've made the sales requirements even easier which I love b/c it lets mamas be flexible when they need to take a break to deal with family issues without the threat of being terminated as a consultant. The sales requirements now are that you sell only $1 in a 6 month time frame to remain a consultant. If you want to build a team, then you only need to sell $150 on one month of a rolling 3 month time frame which is still very reasonable.

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter

Tags
Wahm

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page