Working again :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Whew, everything is happening so fast. 

We run a small business, and for the past few months my DH has been so super stressed out and just cant keep it together and organized. So, starting Monday we are going to be switching roles for some of the hours and he is going to be doing childcare and Im going to WAH again. It's been a couple of years, so Im slightly terrified. I feel like Im going to have a hard time making the transition from mommy to business owner multiple times a day. Im scheduled to work 27 hours a week from home. 

Any tips to keep from falling into the routine of getting distracted by kiddos, housework, etc? 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

OP, how is it going? I hope your first week back is going smoothly.

Anyone have tips to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

It's been crazy! DH has watched DD a lot, and brought me babies to nurse while I've been at the computer. I was supposed to work about 27 hours a week, but it was closer to 45 :). 

When DH is not watching DD, she's pretty much watching tv, which I feel guilty about, but it works. She does crafts, reads, and plays with her sister, but that only lasts for so long, right?

I wish I could afford to send her to preschool, but it's so far away AND the reason Im going back to work is because we are broke and DH needs someone to help him figure out how the business can be profitable. So, for now this is how it is. It's not forever- just a couple of months of working like this to get things back on track. Once things are back on track it's a max. 20 hours a week, which he can totally handle childcare for.

I've found that getting up and showering and getting dressed (all the way, down to real shoes and all) REALLY helps me be able to get professional fast and turn off the Mommy Brain and turn on the "I run a business and have to be on top of my sh*t" brain :)

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 05-08-2013, 10:47 AM

That sounds great! :D

Tags
Wahm
User Tag List