Leaving public school and starting my own classroom.. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-01-2013, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello WAHM's {can't help but think of George Michael when I see that acronym..}

I am a longtime school teacher {10+ years!} with both a private and public school background.  My strengths and desires as an educator and mentor have come more to light with every year of experience..  I am finally finding that my "element" {to use the Ken Robinson term} is working with "strange" kidsROTFLMAO.gifThat is, highly creative, pioneer/path forgers, super smart kiddos {which I believe they all are in some way} who need validation, creative, independent thought, and safe space to explore their own intelligences to reach a goal.  

Yes, that was me as a kid too.  The weirdo for sure, but with so much inside that schools did not tap into.. It was outside in independent creative classes that I found myself.  

Now I have the opportunity to provide that for other young people, in my home.  I have the space, have a lil money to advertise, can spend this summer setting up.  I am a confident, strong and highly independent person and teacher, in many ways this set up will work better for me... except..  I'm scared to death to take this large leap.  What am I crazy!!?  To give up a good-paying job and bennies to do this?  With an unsure erratic income at first?  Surely we will starve!  I also feel the pressure of, this is not just me, it is my children brought along on this ride.  

I have a dear fiance who will be moving in with us, after 3 years of being together, sometime this late fall, and he is well-employed.  Also, my child support covers my mortgage.  We have 3 kids living at home {and 5 total} that I would be fully available to and they are all older.  My inner artiste says Go For It..

But still, the fear.  Would love to hear your stories~

#2 of 2 Old 07-01-2013, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No stories here, although I have considered homeschooling, but hopefully by bumping this up it'll catch some attention.  

bfinfant.gifbreastfeedingfemalesling.GIF baby-wearing familybed1.gif bed-sharing greenthumb.gif herb growing/using nocirc.gif no circ'ing  lady.gif Mama 

bikenew.gif6-25-2006goodvibes.gif11.29.2008dust.gif7-6-2010babyf.gif10-3-2012 belly.gifcraving #5 ALREADY 

Tags
Wahm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page