Mothering Forum banner

Freelancers: roll call and how are you doing?

Tags
wahm
904 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Ragana 
#1 ·
Hi,

Anyone up for a freelancers' roll call? I know I work at home in front of a computer, and it's nice to come here and see what other people are doing, how they cope with the freelance life, etc.

How about starting with who you are, what you do, what you like about your freelance gig, and your biggest challenge currently?

So, I am Ragana, mom of 2 school-age daughters and WAHM as a German>English translator. I have been doing this more or less steadily since 2001. My clients and team members (if any - depends on the project) are all remote. Apart from translating, I do school and activity drop-offs and pick-ups for my kids, do most of the cooking and errands for our family, and trade after-school childcare with a friend, which is great, but also cuts the working day short some days. I also volunteer and have a Saturday gig as a teacher in a cultural program my kids attend.

What I like most is having the flexibility to be there for my kids and do the above activities. My greatest challenge currently is time management and general organization! I'd love to hear any and all effective time management/organization tips.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.