Freelancers: roll call and how are you doing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-13-2014, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi,

Anyone up for a freelancers' roll call? I know I work at home in front of a computer, and it's nice to come here and see what other people are doing, how they cope with the freelance life, etc.

How about starting with who you are, what you do, what you like about your freelance gig, and your biggest challenge currently?

So, I am Ragana, mom of 2 school-age daughters and WAHM as a German>English translator. I have been doing this more or less steadily since 2001. My clients and team members (if any - depends on the project) are all remote. Apart from translating, I do school and activity drop-offs and pick-ups for my kids, do most of the cooking and errands for our family, and trade after-school childcare with a friend, which is great, but also cuts the working day short some days. I also volunteer and have a Saturday gig as a teacher in a cultural program my kids attend.

What I like most is having the flexibility to be there for my kids and do the above activities. My greatest challenge currently is time management and general organization! I'd love to hear any and all effective time management/organization tips.

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (14) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

#2 of 2 Old 01-15-2014, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

http://lifehacker.com/tag/how-i-work

Found this interesting series on Lifehacker about how various people work. Have read a couple and looking forward to reading the rest!

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (14) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

Tags
Wahm

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page