keeping track of resell profit and losses - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 04-17-2015, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
keeping track of resell profit and losses

what is the best way to keep track of profits and losses for ebay or reselling?

Would the best way be to use a seperate bank account?

TIA

SAHM to DS 9, DSD 7, DD 4 and DSD 4. Happily in love with my Superman!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-17-2015, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes, definitely open a separate account for biz use. I originially just added a secondary checking account to my main account at my bank (credit union) but they now have super basic biz checking that I can access from my main account, so it's super easy to make transfers for my "salary" =)

I use Excel as a checkbook register/budget and at the end of the year, I just sort the whole page to add up what I spent on each category. For the years when I wasn't making enough to need a separate account (I closed the secondary one when I divorced and just didn't bother opening a new one until last year), I just marked every biz entry with a W to indicate that item was for my biz, so they got sorted out at year end as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Robin~ single, work-at-home
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
momma to my Wonderboys

BigKid (6/00) &
LittleBoy (6/04)

Last edited by rubelin; 05-02-2015 at 04:40 PM.
#3 of 3 Old 05-02-2015, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
A separate bank account and an excel file here, too.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page