Small Business a grants or Loans - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 10-06-2015, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Small Business a grants or Loans

I would lke to start a smal business. I make organic body care products out of food items. For instance I make lip balm' body butter, healing salves, tooth powder, tooth pasta, deodorant powder and clay. I used to make bar soaps and liquid shampoo too. Right now I use items I buy with food stamps to make these products for my kids and I because I can not afford to buy artesian organic products. I have been told if I try to sell any of these items I will loose my food stamps because I bought them that way! So even though it takes hours and skill and knowledge to make these items my time is disregarded and I would loose my food stamps.
So basically I want to find a way to get a grant or loan to buy items to make body care products. I think I could sell them online or at farmers markets when they start again in the spring. I would prefere a grant in case I am not successful. Or a loan where I have a decent amount of time to get products produced and sold before having to make payments.
Any suggestions mamas?
Sponsored Links
#2 of 2 Old 10-16-2015, 10:52 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've been thinking about your post. I'd recommend trying to get someone to partner with to buy the resources you need. Then split the profits. Later, if you make enough you could do this on your own with the profit you receive. This may be simpler than trying to get a loan.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page