Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this looks too good to be true and am wondering if anyone has or is doing this:

paidsurveysonline.com

there's a onetime $35 fee. is this a scam? :
#2 of 10 Old 06-15-2005, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have been wondering the same thing! Actually, the one I was looking at was www.top-dollars.com (which I can't get to work today), but it sounds about the same.

Too good to be true?? Anyone??

Helen wash.gif Homeschooling Mama to Nicola photosmile2.gif 07/00 , Daniel kewl.gif 05/03 & cat.gifX2...and hug.gif with Barry caffix.gif since 08/87
#3 of 10 Old 07-10-2005, 01:31 AM

I paid it and have not made anything. You have to qualify per survey, and often it is a "prize" you 'might' win, not a guarantee. Most surveys pay only 1 or 2 dollars...

That has been my experience for the past year.

You also have a time window to reply to each survey before they have enough participants.

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
#4 of 10 Old 07-14-2005, 01:37 PM

I did this earlier in the year. I regret wasting my time. You have to go through a lot of junk surveys before you find any ones that really pay. I am still fighting off all of the email I get from advertisers. I was getting close to 100 per day. There are a few I took that actually paid but it was like 1 or 2 $'s only and they don't cut a check for anything under $20. My computer crashed shortly after. They download lots of tracking programs and things on your computer. It is not worth it. My computer is clean and I am sticking with my own website.

Medium Sessions, Psychic Readings, Astrology Consultations and Mother Blessings www.magicalmoongarden.com
#5 of 10 Old 09-03-2005, 05:21 PM

never pay anything to sign up for surveys.

Send me your first name and email address and I'll send you some referrals and my list of legitimate paid survey companies. I've been doing paid surveys and product testing for a long time. I'm averaging around $100 a month in cash and amazon.com gift certificates plus free products for testing.

A few people here asked me many months ago for a list. I was using my old computer then and saved their names to a document folder which is still on my old hard drive and I don't know how to transfer it to my new one (old computer died) So, to those ladies, I apologize. If you see this and are still interested please pm me again. Better yet... an email to me would be much better steague4@hotmail.com

again.. the legitimate paid survey companies will *never* charge you. Survey companies make money by recruiting us to share our opinions. They need us and for this reason they want to pay us for our time... not charge us for it.

There are a ton of survey sites on line and many of them are legitimate. At one point I was a member of over 300 but spent a good week recently weeding through the waste-of-time sites. I never do survey's for "chances to win". Many of them are legitimate too but my time is valuable and a lot of it could be sucked up by those types of surveys. For this reason I choose not to do them. A lot of my survey companies give points which, when you reach a certain amount, can be redeemed for cash or gift certificates.

In order to make decent money you have to be a member of many survey companies. You won't qualify for every survey opportunity but you *will* qualify for some. Surveys generally don't pay a lot because they are short. Some will pay you $1 for 15 minutes of your time which isn't a lot. I will do those while I'm surfing/playing around on the computer... clicking back and forth to answer questions. Most surveys pay $5...some more. I've done 20 minutes surveys for $10 and 40 minute surveys for $30... but most are around $5. Once you are active with many different survey companies you end up with quite a few of those small checks and paypal payments coming your way each month... amazon.com gift certificiates too (other merchants if you choose).

so it's definitely been worth it to me and I've never paid a dime.
#6 of 10 Old 09-07-2005, 03:08 PM

bumping as I've had quite a few emails from moms and more may find this information helpful.
#7 of 10 Old 09-08-2005, 09:16 PM

The only good thing I had gotten from this is a free container of wipes to try and gave my opinion. That's it.
#8 of 10 Old 09-11-2005, 04:44 AM

I have gotten about a dozen emails from moms here who have asked for my survey list. I have spent a lot of time editing my list... weeding out the "waste-of-time sites" ... so that no one has to go through what I did in the beginning of my "paid survey" adventure.

I have sent my list to everyone who requested it (except one. my emails are bouncing back. email address begins with moyer if you are reading this) along with approximately 8 referral emails. These emails are ones which I send through the survey sites which give me points/cash if the referral links are used by new members. They are not "SPAM" and you will not be contacted by the companies again.

I received a very odd, somewhat humorous, email from a member here tonight who berated me for having the nerve to "SPAM" her with emails. She accused me of sending her my list and referrals for my own personal gain and told me that I "misrepresented" myself in my above reply.

I can't "speak" freely enough on this site to share my true opinion of this particular person and her sad, bizarre email to me but I did want to at least add a few statements to this thread.

I gain very little from sending referrals but I don't see any reason to *not* send them. If you wish for only my list of paid survey sites then I will respect that and will not send along any referral emails. Some of the best survey sites I have joined through someone else's referral link. I was happy to help them out a bit considering that they were also helping me by taking the time to send the link. It's obvious that not everyone views them in the same light.

And for the record. I don't have "a list" of victims. I'm not sitting here at my desk with an evil grin, rubbing my palms together, and searching for members of mothering who I can badger with my survey referrals. I also don't "exchange emails" with anyone as I was accused of tonight. I replied to this thread because someone questioned the legitimacy of paid surveys and I wanted to share that my experience has been a positive one. I've received 3 checks in less than a week .. $10, $32, $3. from paid survey and paid-to-click websites. It *can* be an easy way to make a little extra money. It won't pay the mortgage but it's certainly been worth my time. I thought perhaps it might be worth someone elses too. To be accused of sending my list to others for only personal gain is extremely offensive. The only reason I take the time to even reply is in hope that it *will* help someone. I promise you it isn't for a few extra points that I get. My list of paid survey sites is lengthy. Only 9 of them offer referral links. Some would probably not even bothering with the referral links but I figure it all adds up ... so why not.
#9 of 10 Old 09-11-2005, 07:09 PM

I have made a little bit through another site I signed up for. It is not fancy http://www.volition.com but a few of the surveys have made me $1-$5. DH got paid $40 for a particularly long one. I do get a lot of junk e-mail now though so that is a potential problem. Most surveys are chance to win prizes and not paid.

You might try local research companies. Gilmore Research here in Portland pays $25-$100 for focus groups. My co-worker has made a few hundred from that. Last time I spoke with them, if I had a child who could ride a bike, I could have made $100 and the child $45 for a 2-hour group. Too bad dd is still working on the trike LOL.

And freespiritmom, that's lame that someone would ask for the info and then complain about it. People charge money for that kind of valuable edited information and you were offering it for free. Thanks for sharing the info. And those little checks do add up!

Oh yeah, and one time I got 2 boxes of mystery cereal to eat and evaluate!

treehugger.gifread.gifsewmachine.gif  Mama to joy.gif 3/03 and angel3.gif 12/06, married to jammin.gif for 18 years
#10 of 10 Old 09-11-2005, 08:20 PM

You are right Cynthia. When I first started I wondered if it was really worth it considering that most surveys pay very little. But I'm already on line anyway... researching, answering emails, shopping etc... so it's no problem to click over every few minutes and answer a question or two. I started putting all of my survey and Inboxdollar money into my online ING account for our family Christmas fund and it's amazing how quickly it's grown.

I've tested tons of stuff over the past 12 months. panty liners, moisterizer, at least a dozen boxes of cereal, a $50 brand name coffee maker, a 50lb bag of high quality dog food, salad dressings, household cleaners and more I can't think of right now. I get all of that for free *plus* points or cash for evaluating them. You can't beat that.

Yes, I'm still amazed at the email I received from a member here. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. But all is good. I've helped quite a few moms to get started and I've got at least 4 more emails to reply to.

And thanks for the link to Volition. That is a new one to me.

Are you familiar with Pinecone Research? I've been wanting to become a member for such a long time but they don't allow anyone to join unless you can find one of their online banners. I hadn't had any luck until about a month ago. I got lucky and in less than 4 weeks have already made $15 (3 separate surveys) and been sent a product to test.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page