Natural Baby Boutique? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 83 Old 07-03-2006, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tried but got a message that the group is temporarily unavailable! OY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 83 Old 07-14-2006, 08:22 PM

Have any of you used the Travel Buddies? Do they work well or do you find your children's heads kind of flop out of them, anyway? I have a potential customer asking about them.
#63 of 83 Old 07-20-2006, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisaterry
Have any of you used the Travel Buddies? Do they work well or do you find your children's heads kind of flop out of them, anyway? I have a potential customer asking about them.
I have had two customers order them and both of them were pleased with them

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#64 of 83 Old 07-20-2006, 09:45 PM

Hi! I thought I'd chime in regarding the travel buddies. My kids weren't comfortable with them until after 2.5 years. It was too big for their little heads and necks. They are so cute though and my daughter used it as a "lovey" until she could use it as a neck pillow.
#65 of 83 Old 07-20-2006, 09:48 PM

alisaterry- are you still having issues with the training group? Let me know if you need the yahoo link. It should be working fine.

Best,
Suzanne
#66 of 83 Old 07-20-2006, 10:23 PM

I'm all good with the training group now, thank goodness! And thank you for the travel buddies feedback, everyone!
#67 of 83 Old 09-05-2006, 03:32 PM

I'm really into doing this...I just had a couple of questions.
Does the customer have to pay shipping?
What is the average party sales like?
Do you take your kids to the parties?
Did you get the mini or basic kit?
Are there still problems with backordered items?

thanks so much for the help.
#68 of 83 Old 09-05-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccalriley

Yes, customers pay shipping. Though I occasionally run promotions for my best customers to help them save on S&H.

Avg party sales: My best home party so far was over $500. It's usually less than that for me, but still pretty good. B/c I focus on registries, I can get good party totals when it's time for people to buy for the registry. My low parties are small catalog parties hostesses do soley for the hostess half price item they're trying to earn.

Kids at parties: haven't yet, but with a baby on the way, I likely will next year! My kids are now approaching 5 and one is 2.5. It's too hard for me to focus on working with them at an event. Unless it's just my older one.

I focus on diaper sales, so I got the mini with the diaper add-on kit.

There are still back ordered items occasionally. Depends on the vendor. But in stock orders go out quickly. I had someone submit an order yesterday evening and it's already routed to fulfillment and shipping.

Zia+Lane+Sonora=Mi Vida Loca! :
#69 of 83 Old 09-05-2006, 04:05 PM

I'm still new at this, but here is what I know:

The customer pays shipping, at the actual rate if it is a non-party order and at a flat, discounted rate.

I don't think there is an average party sales. My first party was only a little over $100 but one new consultant recently had an open house that went for over $800. Hurray!

I take my baby to parties because I can demonstrate slings and cloth diapering on a really cute model. : My sister does Pampered Chef and she purposely leaves her children at home because this is her break.

I bought the mini kit because I already owned many of the items in the basic kit (which is how I knew this company was a good fit for me).

I have not yet had any problems with back-ordered items, but I have been doing this for just a few months.

As a side note, the complaint about prices is a little misleading. I went through the catalog randomly and compared retail prices to at least three other companies. Our prices were most expensive, but not by much. BUT - when someone has a party, all they need is one other person to spend at least $1.00 and they get a 10% discount. Boom - suddenly our prices lower than average. If they get over $100 in sales, they can get any item at 50% off, including diaper packages. Huzzah! And it goes from there, depending on sales.

EVERY direct sales company pricesthis way because they are trying to encourage parties.

Also, my discount as a consultant gives me prices that are lower than almost every other store out there (depending on the item), and since my goal is to own every wood food item from HABA, this makes me happy.

HTH!
#70 of 83 Old 09-05-2006, 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=beccalriley]I'm really into doing this...I just had a couple of questions.

Yes, the customer pays shipping- In addition to just paying standard shipping- there is discounted shipping available for party orders. ($3.75 per order UScont/ $7.50 per order non-Contig)

Because we are a DSA company, we can't really quote average party sales. Personally, I've had parties that are $50 and others that are $500+. I've found it also depends on many factors, advertising, quantity of people etc (although I've had a $1000+ party with only 2 people)

Everyone knows how their child(ren) will act amongst a group of people. I've had no problem when my kids were newborns-I just wore them in a sling, but with toddlers... I would recommend a sitter. You want to make sure that you can still present and be able to take care of the little ones. If all of the guests have little ones, I would recommend getting a sitter to watch them at the party in another room. Guests would like that possibility.

I got the basic kit, but I often recommend the mini kit. Many people in my downline have found the mini kit a great start and use their discount to purchase any other items that they may need for their kit.

Personally, I have not had any backorder item issues. I make sure to check inventory and offer my customers choices/alternates so that they are fully aware if there is any question on product inventory.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your decision!
Best,
Suzanne
#71 of 83 Old 09-05-2006, 05:33 PM

Suz515, I love the set-up of your website!
#72 of 83 Old 09-05-2006, 07:00 PM

I'm in the know with NFB and back ordering. I work for the company, but not as a consultant. They work extra hard to avoid no stock situations that have happened in the past, especially around the holidays. Several vendors have been dropped over the past few years due to the vendor not being able to meet NFB needs and not coming through with orders in a timely or correct fashion. I believe you will find that the President and her dh are very forth coming with information about these situations as they become known. Sometimes it is very painful to let a vendor go b/c the product is so well liked. However, back orders reflect negatively on the consultant and the company, so those situations are dealt with ASAP.

Things are a bit slow at headquarters at the moment as the President just had her 5th baby and is getting back to work slowly. And from time to time their family needs them or there is an illness amoungst them. I think when people realize that this is a Home Based business through and through, they are better able to accept that sometimes things are not as quick as they would like. The entire operation runs out of their house, it is really quite incredible. 1 woman's dream is a reality beyond her dreams and I am just thrilled to have been given the opportunity to work at home myself doing what I love.

The NFB line of natural cleaning products does sometimes have a back order status. It is fantastic stuff. It happens for 3 reasons that I know of to date - 1) vendor has not sent the correct packaging for the the product, 2) orders from vendors for base ingredients are slower than sales, and 3) NFB packages and makes these products so sometimes those working at NFB just haven't gotten to making batches of product since they sold the last (although this is rarely the case).

Party selling isn't for everyone, it certainly isn't for me. But if you are a people person and have a flare for selling, this is a great company to work for IMO. The ethics are right in line with Natural Living & Attachment Parenting. This company can only go up!
#73 of 83 Old 09-05-2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisaterry
Suz515, I love the set-up of your website!

Thanks! I had created it years ago when the NFB website wasn't as comprehensive as it is now. Now, it basically just leads the customer back to the my NFB consultant website.

Best,
Suzanne
#74 of 83 Old 09-05-2006, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter
Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccalriley

Hi Becca! I just got your catalog request, and sent you an e-mail.

Other consultants have answered most of your questions....

My party sales have been from $50 to $400. I've only had a few parties, though. I do quite a bit of online sales and sales to my friends and family. I really try to promote the 50% off discounts- I love that I can offer my friends such a great discount on diapering packages or baby carriers, or the hostess specials. Right now the patapums are the hostess special- of only $45! I love it!

My kids have come with me to smaller parties, but I prefer to do bigger parties without them. It's all up to you and what your preference is, who will be at the party, how your kids are like, and so on. I would suggest you to have lots of NFB products for the kids to play with! Like the TOGU balls, Stockmar modelling beeswax, and HABA toys.

I got the mini kit, and bought items as I needed them. That way, I got sales value. More sales= more discounts!

Items have been moving pretty quickly out of the warehouse these days. I just need to double check with the product locator, and try to avoid ordering items that have a ETA of a long ways away. Consultants are able to access the ETA of all the items that NFB carries, and the people at NFB are really accessible, so we have a clear line of communication.

Hope this helps!
#75 of 83 Old 09-06-2006, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra375
I'm in the know with NFB and back ordering. I work for the company, but not as a consultant.
Electra375 are you the awesome NFB tax lady? Congrats on baby # 4!

-Suzanne
#76 of 83 Old 09-06-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz515
Electra375 are you the awesome NFB tax lady? Congrats on baby # 4!

-Suzanne
Yep! I'm caught!:
#77 of 83 Old 09-21-2006, 01:24 PM

I'm trying to decide if this is a venture for me. I'm wondering if I buy just the basic kit, is there the ability to buy other kits later on down the road if I feel I need/want to?

read.gif mama to 2 dust.gifhomeschool.giftreehugger.gifsaynovax.gifRainbow.gif
#78 of 83 Old 09-21-2006, 01:42 PM

You can add kits on at any time in the future. I got the mini kit and added the diaper kit b/c I do a lot of diaper sales. Whatever works for you!

#79 of 83 Old 09-21-2006, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriem33 View Post
I'm trying to decide if this is a venture for me. I'm wondering if I buy just the basic kit, is there the ability to buy other kits later on down the road if I feel I need/want to?
I recommend buying the Mini-Kit for $99 and then adding on products that you want to promote, which you can buy at consultant cost (basically 20% off). That way you can decide which product lines you want to have to demo, and which you probably won't be selling much of. The great thing is, the catalog is glossy, full color, and very professionally presented, so as long as you have catalogs on hand for people to look through, you don't need to have one of everything to show at parties.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#80 of 83 Old 09-22-2006, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
I recommend buying the Mini-Kit for $99 and then adding on products that you want to promote, which you can buy at consultant cost (basically 20% off). That way you can decide which product lines you want to have to demo, and which you probably won't be selling much of. The great thing is, the catalog is glossy, full color, and very professionally presented, so as long as you have catalogs on hand for people to look through, you don't need to have one of everything to show at parties.
I really wish I did this! I mainly want to focus on the toys, baby care and body care stuff. Im going to start adding things one over the next month for display...
#81 of 83 Old 09-22-2006, 07:48 PM

Anybody else ignore the advice to not use the stuff in your kits? I couldn't resist the nursing necklace or the pocket pal, and now I really want to use my yummy soap.
#82 of 83 Old 09-22-2006, 07:57 PM

Oh, I use my stuff all the time! I mean, how else can we show off our goods when we're not doing a party.

~Lizzie~

Four boys: Corey (11) blahblah.gif , Aiden REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif  (8), Simon superhero.gif   (5), Timothy bouncy.gif (2).  Shh! Surprise no. 5 in October 2012! belly.gif

#83 of 83 Old 09-23-2006, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisaterry View Post
Anybody else ignore the advice to not use the stuff in your kits?
Depends on the item(s). Diapers I like to keep crisp and clean to show. Slings I use! Body products I take out some and leave the packaging nice for parties. It varies with me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page