WAHM- arbonne skin care products... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-21-2006, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi, i dont know exactly where to post this, but i am new to selling arbonne skin care products and i wanted to know what everyone has to say about it....general "what you know about it" sort of stuff...and if you like it do you want to sign up to sell it, or do you want to buy it ect... just please let me know. Once again, sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread...
#2 of 6 Old 05-21-2006, 11:35 PM

I myself feel a little duped by Arbonne. They told me it was botanically based and all natural, but when I actually looked further into it, I found out the truth. I was looking for 100% natural and reality is that they use both nature and science to create their products. I felt like it was all a big lie. Besides they are spreading a little white lie that all other mascara is made out of bat poop and that is not true either.

I am sure that they have some good things about them and it is better than some of the alternatives, but if I am going to spend the money on natural things, I want it to be what I think it is going to be. Plus I hate big lied to and that was all I got from the reps here. I am a licensed cosmetologist so I look into a lot of products. I have definitely found better.

Sorry for the blunt post, but I don't like to be deceived by people and that is what I got from this company. Hope you have had a better experience.

Hope, check out my life at http://thethriftyqueenspeaks.com

#3 of 6 Old 07-14-2006, 01:45 AM

Hi I just joined the boards and was looking for others that sell Arbonne. I have been a consultant for 3 years but have been involved for almost 6 years as my mom is also a consultant. I haven't done much in the past 1-2 years because my girls were so small. I am wanting to get more involved again if possible. I personally love the products and have found that almost everyone that I have given them to loves them as well.
As to the pp I understand that you may have felt duped about not knowing they are 100% natural. I was told from day 1 that the products are a blend of nature and science and so I guess that was never a major issue for me. Unfortunately with any business in which individuals are selling the products you have different approaches with the business. I see other Arbonne consultants in my area doing things that are forbidden in the contract. I guess it is just one of those inevitable things as I have heard the same thing from Mary Kay people as well.
#4 of 6 Old 07-14-2006, 10:54 PM

My SIL is an Arbonne consultant. In fact, she's an NVP with Arbonne. She has done very, very well in a relatively short time -- she's only been a consultant for about 18 months and she's been an NVP for four months.

hopeelise, I think the consultants you were talking to must have been talking out their, ermmmm ... yeah, ears. Every consultant I've ever spoken with, every presentation I've ever attended, etc. has always been very honest about the nature of Arbonne products. They (the company) make a point to say that the products are not all organic or all natural, as they believe (and so do I) that a minimal amount of preservatives are needed to maintain the freshness and integrity of the products. They specifically state that they have chosen to use minimal amounts of preservatives so that their products don't go rancid on the shelf, as is an issue with some all natural products.

Also, they don't say that all other mascaras are made of bat poo, but that some are. And some are. Again, if you're hearing that all other mascaras have a base of bat poo, then your consultants are stretching the truth a bit. (I happen to love the Arbonne mascara, actually, because it works really well.) They're taking that "no animal products or by-products" part of the Arbonne business practice and making it into something it's not.

The products are botanically and herbally based. Not 100% natural. They are certified vegan, meaning no animal or human products or by-products (i.e. no foreskins, which is an issue for me). The company itself promotes integrity and strong, ethical business practices. Sounds to me that the reps you were talking to seem to have glossed over that part. More's the pity, as people will always find out the truth, just as you did, and then be put off of not only the rep but the products and company.
#5 of 6 Old 07-14-2006, 11:46 PM

Hopeelise, my experience was not great either. I felt the consultant was pushing me to join the company, not to purchase the products. We even had to look at a map of the US and she asked us questions about in which states were consultants making the most money and how we could be making $26,000 a month...it was really awful. I felt bad for the person hosting the party because she had no idea it was going to be like that. We did the whole facial thing but the consultant barely even talked about the products. I've never been to a Pampered Chef, Longaberger, or Mary Kay party where they pushed getting into the company like the Arbonne party. Product pushing, yeah, of course. The only product pushing she did was to push the $300 set of like 9 items, but she pushed it by saying if we signed up in the company we'd get a discount so the $300 set would only be $320 or whatever. And to top it all off, the alcoholic beverages weren't even served until AFTER the demonstration.

So, I knew little more about the products after that demo than before and I was so pissed off and put off by the demo I wouldn't have ordered anything regardless of how natural it was. This was my experience.
#6 of 6 Old 07-19-2006, 09:27 AM

I am so glad to know that it is not the Arbonne company that says these things and that it is just random consultants. That clears the air for me a bit.

I will still not use the products personally as I only use organic products on my skin, but I know that it is better than a lot of alternatives. I also believe that the expense is too much. Let me tell you, since I have been using coconut oil on my face, it has never looked better. I can buy a jar of that for $6.00 and it lasts me ages. Plus I use all mineral makeup. Seems to do the trick.

But thank you again for clearing the air about Arbonne. I had a bad taste in my mouth after my previous encounters and now I feel better.

Hope, check out my life at http://thethriftyqueenspeaks.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page