Mamas making money on GPT websites.... - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-30-2006, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm cashing out at around $450 this month, spread over 4 sites, most of it from DBP. All of it has been freebies, except one video professor deal - $5.95 for $28.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2006, 05:02 PM

I've been a-lurking but I thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. I'm just getting started, after having read until my eyes bled (feels like anyway). I'll keep y'all posted on my progress.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:13 PM

I am cashing out a little over $100 on DBP and FC each. Whoohoo. Mostly has been freebies, except Nascar, gamefly, blockbuster, experian, and left behind (who i am trying to call today to cancel...grr)

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

Old 08-30-2006, 05:19 PM

I've slowed down a *lot*. Havn't had too much time to pick up GCs lately (and the online one ended up taking about 9 days to go through...had to call CS like 5 times!) Plus I've been busy.

If you can't repeat an offer, how do you keep making so much total money per month--is it because you're on a bunch of different sites?

Hmmm....

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
Old 08-30-2006, 05:31 PM

Wow, I am super impressed with you Mamas making so much with just freebies! I would say I only made about $50 in freebies. How many hours a week do you high payout freebie Mamas spend doing them?

Jodie, married to my best friend and Mama to three amazing kiddos, Jack (6), Matthew (4) and Sam (21 months) and cautiously waiting for a new little one due early spring (shhh, it's a secret!)
Old 08-30-2006, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Do we have to cash out in order to keep the money??? Is there a cut off date? Do the funds carry over to the next month or do you lose them if you don't cash out monthly??

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 08-30-2006, 06:26 PM

Also, on instant profits I'm over $50 but it says "Sorry you have not made a cash out yet" what does that mean??

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 08-30-2006, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky
It's interesting, I don't think CCleaner is working for me like it should - even after using it, when I check my cookies folder in Firefox, I still find lots of cookies. Clearing those manually has helped me get offers to clear better.
I just installed CCleaner and got a pop-up that states Firefox must be closed to clear the cookies.

HTH

I have a question . . . I have a website and can create hundreds of email addresses if needed, not that I really want to do that, but I'm wondering if there is some logical way in which I would do it, so that I can separate sites/deals. I understand the suggestion about using the period within the email addy, but if the offers exceed the possible combos with the "period", then what? Thus my questions about creating emails - thoughts?

What we think we become.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:42 PM

Nevermind I figured out the answers on my own. HaHa. Sorry!

Old 08-30-2006, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbycheeks
Wow, I am super impressed with you Mamas making so much with just freebies! I would say I only made about $50 in freebies. How many hours a week do you high payout freebie Mamas spend doing them?
I've only been doing this for a few weeks, so there were some very lucrative free offers that I took advantage of at DBP - like one of the education ones paid $8.50 for requesting info from a couple of schools. Then I just did as many freebies as I could find - I have a very high percentage of freebies approve at DBP - there were a LOT of $1.00 each surveys at DBP that I did. I've gotten fast and efficient at freebie filling - with roboform and knowing which questiond I have to answer, and how far I need to go on each type of offer, it moves quickly. I don't really know how much time I've spent - but if I'm watching TV or something, I sit and do freebies while I watch - it doesn't really require much attention from me.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:30 PM

Niamh ~ Did you get your gmail invite? If not.. pm me your email address.

Marie ~ I wasn't active on the sites for about 10-12 days early in the month but so far my earnings for August are: dealbabie $493, Instant Profitz $183, Treasure Trooper $30, Prizebook $43, Flip6 $200, Pocketcash $15, Paid surveys $163 and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I didn't earn as much as I have been but then again I wasn't nearly as active.

Ani'smommy ~ I do 2 types of freebie offers on one site and do the rest mainly on another... so it's easy for me to not repeat them. If you are doing all the freebies are various sites then you will need to write them down to make sure that you are not repeating them.

Jodie ~ There are a lot of good offers but no guarantee that they'll credit by the end of the month. I wish I knew of some that would credit instantly for all of us. I always feel the crunch around this time to rush in and find some good offers to finish up the month with

Edensong ~ Does the popup tell you that the cache in firefox can't be cleared without closing the Firefox windows? You can just go into firefox on CCleaner and uncheck to clear the cache. Then you won't get that message again. It will still clear cookies. And when you exhaust your current emails with the periods then you can just create more new emails to use. Does that answer your question?

edited to add: I just had 2 trial offers at barbie approve so my balance there is now $518
Old 08-30-2006, 07:54 PM

I have spent probably an hour doing the 'freebies' at DB. I can't get to the point where I get a login/email/or any other thing like that, without getting put at a dead end page where there is no way to move on to the next page without buying something!
I signed up for Columbia house on one, thinking ok, I can cancel that later...and I still never got to the point where I got a conf. # or anything...
What am I doing wrong???
Old 08-30-2006, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsmama
I have spent probably an hour doing the 'freebies' at DB. I can't get to the point where I get a login/email/or any other thing like that, without getting put at a dead end page where there is no way to move on to the next page without buying something!
I signed up for Columbia house on one, thinking ok, I can cancel that later...and I still never got to the point where I got a conf. # or anything...
What am I doing wrong???
When I do freebies I don't get a login or an email confirmation (I've had to do an email confirmation for a few freebies, but most I don't). Once I close the freebie page I put my username into the white box at DB - that's on DB and not on the freebie page.

I can't recall seeing a Columbia House freebie. Are you sure that you are doing freebie offers? Did you click the freebie tab?

I'm going to quote this info from octobersweethearts - this should help you to know when to stop on each freebie...it's not blatantly obvious on many of them. Many of them say that "now complete 3 offers blah blah blah" but you do *not* need to do that. They really just want your email/contact info. Refer below:

Quote:
Not Sherrie, but I think I got this info from her...

This is how much you have to complete on each freebie to get credit

Consumer Promotion Center - Submit 2nd page
My Insider Deals - Submit 2nd page
Brand Survey Panel - Submit 2nd page
My Elite Rewards - Submit 2nd page
Rewards Gateway - Submit 2nd page
My Select Gifts - Submit 2nd page
Savings List - Submit 2nd page

Consumer Beat - Do until you see message in black at the top that reads "Thank you. Your information has been received successfully"

Winning Surveys - Do until you see message in black at the top that reads "Thank you. Your information has been received successfully"

Consumer Expression - Do until you see message in black at the top that reads "Thank you. Your information has been received successfully"

Survey Networks - Do until you see message in black at the top that reads "Thank you. Your information has been received successfully"

Opinion Direct - Do until you see message in black at the top that reads "Thank you. Your information has been received successfully

Net Panel - Done when progress bar in upper right corner shows completed and when you see "Exclusive Bonus Offer blah blah" at top of page. When you get to this page the progress bar will be empty again but you are done.
HTH mama!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

Old 08-30-2006, 08:19 PM

a great testimonial Jeri ~
Old 08-30-2006, 09:15 PM

Do trial offers start when you sign up for them, or when you receive the confirmation email that allows you to actually try them out? I signed up for several $1 trials of online stuff--credit report, gift card/coupon savings, etc.--that are 5 or 7 day trials and I want to make sure I cancel in time.

Also, I was tempted by the eFax trial on DBP. It pays $28 and you can try it free, but when I clicked through to it there was no indication of a free trial. Anybody do this one?

Thanks,
Susan
Old 08-30-2006, 10:42 PM

How often do new freebies appear? I'm trying to just stick with DBP so that I don't get too confused, but there aren't really a whole lot of freebies that I haven't done. Are they updated monthly or something?
Old 08-30-2006, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo6
Do trial offers start when you sign up for them, or when you receive the confirmation email that allows you to actually try them out? I signed up for several $1 trials of online stuff--credit report, gift card/coupon savings, etc.--that are 5 or 7 day trials and I want to make sure I cancel in time.
I was wondering that too on some of them. Some of the cosmetic trials did say the trials start when the product is shipped, so that may be a day or two after you sign up. But because I don't know the shipped date, I just count from my sign up date. That way it'll remind me to check it before it's too late.

Some of the offers can be a bit vague on details. I tend to err on the side of caution.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani'smommy
How often do new freebies appear? I'm trying to just stick with DBP so that I don't get too confused, but there aren't really a whole lot of freebies that I haven't done. Are they updated monthly or something?
She just added some freebies today. It seems like she adds new ones at least once a week, often more frequently.

Has anyone here tried the ring tone offers? I've been trying to find out about them. If you click through and read the TOS, you are signing up for a monthly service (often as high as $20/mo) to be charged to your cell phone. I can't figure out if there is any cancellation grace period on any of these offers. Anyone?
Old 08-30-2006, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
Has anyone here tried the ring tone offers? I've been trying to find out about them. If you click through and read the TOS, you are signing up for a monthly service (often as high as $20/mo) to be charged to your cell phone. I can't figure out if there is any cancellation grace period on any of these offers. Anyone?
I was looking at those too. This is probably a really dumb question but do you have to have a cell phone to do these offers. Will a privatephone number work?
Old 08-30-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat
Will a privatephone number work?
No, because you need to put in what carrier you have (Verizon, T Mobile, etc). It wouldn't go through on a land line.

But I wondered about the grace period too, because they pay pretty well.

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
Old 08-30-2006, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo6

Also, I was tempted by the eFax trial on DBP. It pays $28 and you can try it free, but when I clicked through to it there was no indication of a free trial. Anybody do this one?

Thanks,
Susan
Many trials start when you sign up for them, others start from when you receive the trial product, always make sure to read the TOS very carefully! If in doubt, don't sign up.

I did the eFax offer and it had a free trial period when I did it.

Just as a general word of warning - it's frowned upon to discuss signing up just to get the reward and then cancelling - I know of one member of another site who got tracked down and banned from one GPT site for discussing offer cancellations at a board similar to MDC. I don't know that site owners are going to be surfing FYT at MDC, I think we're pretty obscure, but be cautious.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 08-30-2006, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
I haven't liked any of the ringtone offers...they've seemed really sketchy to me.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 08-31-2006, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat
I was looking at those too. This is probably a really dumb question but do you have to have a cell phone to do these offers. Will a privatephone number work?

Doing an offer which requires a cell phone when you do not own a cell phone would be considered fraud by the gpt programs as well as the advertisers. It could result in your account being placed on hold indefinitely.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:53 AM

Okay, so I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the free surveys. Right now I'm at DBP but I've also had great luck at FC.

You click on the link, do the survey and enter your username to submit for credit. Does that mean that you can complete the survey using different emails and submit the same username multiple times to DBP for payment? Won't that be frowned upon?

And the survey families are weirding me out to. Right now there are 5 or so surveys from Brand Survey Panel, but the "survey" is all different. Can I complete all of them at least once for the same family?

TIA!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:59 AM

Oh, and re: clearing cache and cookies.

Should I Clear them between each offer (blockbuster, clear cache, stamps.com, clear cache, survey, clear cache, etc) or just when I am doing the same survey or trail multiplae times (stamps.com, clear cache stamps.com, clear cache, etc)
Old 08-31-2006, 01:37 AM

I have been having my freebies approve very well on Deal Barbie but just today I had 9 freebies that were denied and when I looked at the reason it said "Advertiser cancelled, no reason given" What does that mean?? Am I in trouble?? I have been very careful about not repeating offers. Has anybody else gotten this?

Old 08-31-2006, 01:40 AM

Katie ~ You can do each offer once and only once. Never complete the same offer again. If there are 5 "brand" surveys then you may complete each one but once you have done those particular "brand" surveys.. do not repeat the *same* brand surveys elsewhere. So just make sure that you do not repeat the exact same offer. Also.. if you are doing more than one of the "brand" surveys make sure that you use different email accounts for every one (use the period trick mentioned earlier in this thread).

I clear cookies between every single offer. It's just a good habit to get into. It's like breathing for me now lol. If I'm planning to open an offer that "run ccleaner" button always gets hit first.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:42 AM

lovingmommy ~ sounds like the advertiser canceled their offers with the site. This happens on occasions. You didn't do anything wrong.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritmom
Edensong ~ Does the popup tell you that the cache in firefox can't be cleared without closing the Firefox windows? You can just go into firefox on CCleaner and uncheck to clear the cache. Then you won't get that message again. It will still clear cookies. And when you exhaust your current emails with the periods then you can just create more new emails to use. Does that answer your question?
Yes, the popup tells me to close Firefox. The popup also gives me the option not to view the message again, but I thought it was important enough to share with those who might be using CCleaner and Firefox -- wondering why their cache wasn't clearing

Is anyone else overwhelmed with all this info? Not to toot my own horn, but I am a very studious, adept individual yet this all seems a bit much to absorb. Thank you to those that continue to give help to the "newbies" like me! You're a godsend!!!!!!

What we think we become.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:43 AM

I absolutely agree. You guys are the best, thank you so much for your help!!

User Tag List