Mamas making money on GPT websites.... - Page 30 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2006, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MoonGypsy~ Maybe its an AZ thing.. I didnt get paid early either.

yeah lets start an october thread this one is toooo long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2006, 03:54 PM

I didn't think I was getting an early payment either, but I got one this morning! It might still be coming.

If someone starts an October thread, could you please link to this thread and the other GPT thread in the first post? There's a wealth of information in these threads, and it would be great if newbies could easily find it.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:57 PM

I think we need a mod to close this one and open a new one, that way they would link up.. I think? :
Old 10-03-2006, 06:56 PM

Regarding some questions about early payments--they are really hard to do because it all depends on advertisers sending in the $. Sometimes, it just doesn't happen, and unfortunately, early payments sometimes take longer. Just one aspect of it.:
Old 10-03-2006, 09:13 PM

Hello everyone,
I'm new to both this forum and GPT. Im going to get started myself just had one question if anyone could help. I'm not sure if I have a proxy server and was wondering if anyone could explain how I might be able to tell, minus all the technical terms that I've come across. I just don't want to waste my time. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks
-Melissa
Old 10-03-2006, 10:54 PM

Anyone love or hate it? I am liking that they pay three times a month, but I need something with some freebies other than those at DBP. How is the approval rate and amount paid as compared to DBP?

Jodie, married to my best friend and Mama to three amazing kiddos, Jack (6), Matthew (4) and Sam (21 months) and cautiously waiting for a new little one due early spring (shhh, it's a secret!)
Old 10-03-2006, 11:14 PM

ALL GPT SPAM IS NOT BAD!

I got one of those free holiday invitations in the snail mail. It's got my name on it, spelt a particular way so I know it's a result of my GPT sign ups.

Anyway I've checked it out on the internet, found others have done it and I'm going to do it. The only negative is the hard sell to buy a timeshare, but I can deal with that. It's only a few hours driving from us so no airfares.

It's 3 days/2 nights accom. in a mountain resort with an indoor water park for me, dh and the kids. Have to do a 90min tour and sales promotion, and then I also get a $ gift card.

Anyone else done one of these holidays?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:10 AM

Question............I see people saying they got "paid early" on DBP. What does that mean? I thought there was only one time a month when you could cash out?

If you don't have enough to cash out at that specific point (I started doing this just before "cashout" time), the money isn't lost, right? Its still mine, it just sits there until I have enough (which I do now....but its awhile yet till the next cashout).

Right?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowansmomma View Post
Question............I see people saying they got "paid early" on DBP. What does that mean? I thought there was only one time a month when you could cash out?

If you don't have enough to cash out at that specific point (I started doing this just before "cashout" time), the money isn't lost, right? Its still mine, it just sits there until I have enough (which I do now....but its awhile yet till the next cashout).

Right?
You must cash out by the end of the month - so we "cashed out" by September 30th (if we had the minimum). When you cash out at the end of the month you can expect to receive your money by around the 20th of the next month. So...

Cash out on September 30th...

Expect your money/check by around October 20th.

We are all excited because we got paid on October 2nd, much earlier than the 20th

But yes, you are right - if you don't have enough to cash out, or if you forget to, your money just sits in your accound until you cash out the next month

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:52 AM

I just got paid early from the Cash Cafe, too! I'm rich, I'm rich! Well, richer than I was yesterday
Old 10-04-2006, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
I'm rich, I'm rich! Well, richer than I was yesterday
Old 10-04-2006, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
You must cash out by the end of the month - so we "cashed out" by September 30th (if we had the minimum). When you cash out at the end of the month you can expect to receive your money by around the 20th of the next month. So...

Cash out on September 30th...

Expect your money/check by around October 20th.

We are all excited because we got paid on October 2nd, much earlier than the 20th

But yes, you are right - if you don't have enough to cash out, or if you forget to, your money just sits in your accound until you cash out the next month
Whew!! Thanks!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:34 AM

can someone tell me where the oct. thread go?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
can someone tell me where the oct. thread go?
Hmmm... I tried to follow the link from my email and I got a message saying I'm not authorized. I bet it was removed for review.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:51 PM

There's an October thread? Where?
Old 10-04-2006, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MoonGypsy~ View Post
There's an October thread? Where?
It was just started last night and was here in this forum. Now it's gone.

So my question in that forum was about safe easy trials for a newbie. Anyone want to share trials they've had good luck with? I was thinking of doing the video professor, Carlton Sheets and Scholastic. I've already done the Blockbuster trial. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:08 PM

The only trials I've had issues with so far is eFax and VA Travel Card. They charged me before my trial period was up. They were quick to say that the would refud the money, but that was $100 missing out of my account.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:10 PM

Oh, and does anyone do GPTs from work? Everytime I try a website it's blocked by our filters. The sites are considered "Paid to Surf". It'd be nice to be able to work on some stuff while I'm on the phone with Students all day.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:48 PM

moomgypsy ~ you can only do your offers from one IP address.. so if you log in from another computer that has a different IP your account will be red-flagged and placed on hold.

And the October thread was yanked due to spam. I don't know why they didn't just edit out the spam link from the one post that contained it. This is the reason I don't frequent this board as often as I use to. The policing is too extreme.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:59 PM

Yeah, uhh.... wtf. I hear ya there Sherrie.
I was just looking at all my posts wondering where my post went. I thought maybe when I went to post it that I only previewed it and forgot to post it. That's happened before. I couldn't figure out why that would would have been removed... but... ooookay... :

So do we wait around to see if it's returned, or do we know that it was permanently removed and want to start a new Oct thread?

that's really irritating.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritmom View Post
moomgypsy ~ you can only do your offers from one IP address.. so if you log in from another computer that has a different IP your account will be red-flagged and placed on hold.
Sherrie, I had wanted to have a couple that I do only at work and the rest I do from home. As long I I don't mix them up I think that would be okay... right?
Old 10-04-2006, 04:00 PM

That's actually a really good idea Katie and it shouldn't be a problem at all.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:06 PM

There were at least two SPAM links on the other thread as of when I checked it last night. One was to someone's site (which I think was removed from this thread as well) and the other was someone's referral link that was disguised as a main link to a site - which is not only against the rules, but just not cool. Still, I agree that they should be edited out, or at least someting posted letting us know where it went.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:20 PM

how long until the $16 hold falls off my simon card? it has been 3 days and nothing!
Old 10-05-2006, 12:11 AM

Just wanted to post the new thread for you mommas!

October Thread

User Tag List