Mamas making money on GPT websites.... - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubelin
A suggestion that is working really well for me is to actually use a different browser to do your GPT programs than what you use for personal web surfing. For years, I've used FireFox (or Mozilla) for all my personal stuff and have only used IE for the couple of sites that FireFox doesn't work in. So I put all my GPT bookmarks into IE and now I only use that browser for my GPT work.
I do the same thing - use firefox for my regular browsing and IE for my GPTs. I still use cookie cleaner to clean cookies but I like having all my security settings in IE all set to totally open and ready for getting approvals

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#122 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonsterMommy
Oh, and as long as the wrapping is fully intact and not altered, telling the POst Master to Return To Sender should be free.
don't do this If you read the terms of service closely you will find a statement telling you that they will not accept "return to sender" packages. If you signed up for a trial membership which includes a product then you should accept it and then return the product *if* returning it was outlined in the terms which you agreed to. Not accepting the product which you ordered would definitely be considered fraud by the program. It would show that you had no interest in the offer other than the cash incentive and would be grounds to close your account and revoke your earnings. Don't risk it And keep in mind that doing things like this is one of the reasons why advertisers get aggravated and pull out of the programs. When the advertisers are happy then we all benefit.
#123 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonsterMommy
But I'm using giftcards. I spend the whole thing within the day....
It doesn't matter. You still need to return the item if it was required inorder to receive your offer incentive.

It's wise for all of us to consider how our actions effect the integrity of the gpt programs. If you sign up for a trial and you decide you do not want to remain a member then do the right thing and cancel your trial. If you signed up for an offer that involves the shipment of a product and you agree to return the product if you are not interested then *do* return the product within the time allowed.

We all need to use good judgement when completing offers and act in a way that will keep the advertisers satisfied. When the advertisers have too many customers committing fraud then they pull out and take their offers with them. This effects us because it decreases our earning potential. I would really like to see the programs still going strong years down the road. Whether they are is up to us.

edited to add: The above statements are not directed to you cookiemonstermommy It's just something I thought I should share with the readers.
#124 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 02:00 AM

gotcha!

So just pop it in a box and send it back, eh?

(FTR, I haven't rec'd anything that needs to be sent back yet...just a free 7 day trial of diet pills, a sm. sample of tooth whitener and a sm. bottle of zit stuff)

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#125 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 02:25 AM

There really aren't a lot of offers that require a send back. I only do the ones that are worth it. I consider the profit I'm making after I deduct the cost of the offer and estimated return shipping fee. For example I did the Russ Dalbey offer which cost $9.95 but paid $40. I had to return the package which cost me around $5-$6.. so I profitted close to $25. Definitely worth it. And Cortiban was a send-back offer. You get a exercise dvd, bottle of vitamins as well as a bottle of Cortiban diet pills. If you don't want to remain in the autoship program and receive the diet pills on a regular basis then you call to cancel your trial and get instructions for returning the bottle of pills (you keep the other items). They instructed me to empty the bottle so my return shipping would be minimal. I used the original padded envelope and shipped the empty bottle back for under $1. The offer paid $24.
#126 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 03:04 AM

Which one was the cortiban on? I think I was gonna try it but didn't.

And wtf is up with the ones that want you banking info. Uhhh, no?

I'll stay away from send backs then--I did sign up for 3 or 4 I think (online language things and a "how to" computer thing). I'm sure it's worth it for many people financially, but the time wouldn't be worth it to me, yk?

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#127 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 10:11 AM

I'm so confused. I just registered on DBP, and thought I'd try a freebie. So I clicked on the survey section and found one that was for a $250 GNC gift card. There was a box that said to enter login id, and said that it could be an id, email address, etc. I didn't know what to put so I just entered my email address. Now it's in my awaiting section. What did I do? What's going to happen if it's approved? I'll be asked to take a survey for a $250 giftcard? That doesn't sound right to me. And then I went to look at the trial offers. Some of them have that same box and then some say they will be immediately approved, but to wait up to a week. So what ARE you supposed to put in that box? I'm really confused.
#128 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 10:49 AM

hey mama, you have to click on the title and do the survey first and then go back and put your email there ( the one you used for the survey) so that one is going to get denied..... i did that too when i first started
#129 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmomma
hey mama, you have to click on the title and do the survey first and then go back and put your email there ( the one you used for the survey) so that one is going to get denied..... i did that too when i first started
Thank you!
#130 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 12:29 PM

you might try going to your pending list (if it hasn't been denied yet) and taking the survey now. Click on the text and it should take you to the offer. You just have to make sure you use the email for the survey that you put in the box before you hit submit. If it's your regular email address, though, I'd probably skip it. It was probably a fairly low paying survey, and it's not worth the 50 cents to get all the SPAM.
#131 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 01:31 PM

the little box under the offer description means that the offer is a manual crediting one. I never type in an email address. I type in my username every time. This tells Christina, the owner, who to give credit to for the offer. That's the reason for the little box.
#132 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 02:59 PM

I just completed a trial offer. After I was finished I just closed out of the window. Is that what I was supposed to do? It says it should be credited instantly, but to wait a week. It isn't anywhere, not in my awaiting, declined, or accepted. What happened?
#133 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I just completed a trial offer. After I was finished I just closed out of the window. Is that what I was supposed to do? It says it should be credited instantly, but to wait a week. It isn't anywhere, not in my awaiting, declined, or accepted. What happened?
If it was an instant crediting one, wait a few hours and it should show up in your completed/accepted offers.

Dana, mom to Avery & Natalie 7 , Cole 4 , and Baby #4 on the way!
#134 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobersweethearts
If it was an instant crediting one, wait a few hours and it should show up in your completed/accepted offers.
Thank you.

Sigh. Now the Deal Barbie Pays website is down. :
#135 of 895 Old 08-23-2006, 11:20 PM

We just switched ISPs yesterday. Is this going to affect my IP? Do I need to open a support ticket at each of my GPT sites to let them know?

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#136 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 03:29 AM

I just realised that I've been splitting my responses between this thread and the other thread in the WAHM section. Hope nobody minds.

I read before that when doing a free trial, to not cancel it right away because you might not get credit. Well, some of them are instant credit, and others still credit way before the trial period ends, so should I still give it some time before I cancel? The other thing I was thinking is like what freespiritmom was just saying-- that I should take into account keeping the advertisers happy, so I don't want to cancel too quickly for them to catch on that I was only doing it for the money. Make sense?

I also feel badly about all those people calling my fake number and never getting a response. I logged in and listened to a few just out of curiosity. Most of them are local numbers and sound like they're genuinely interested in talking to me about their programmes, refer to personal info, etc... and it makes me feel bad. : I even had a guy email me after he called me and wrote a few paragraphs that were obviously not a form response. I guess that they're probably used to this and I should probably get over it... but I can't help but feel a little guilty. I guess I'm just getting it off my chest, here. I'll probably feel better when I get my first check.

I think I'm going to branch out from DBP and Fusion. I feel pretty confident in these two now, and don't really want to do any more trials or anything I have to pay S&H for until I can get a Simon card (after I am paid and can re-invest).

DP is totally skeptical. He doesn't believe I'll be paid for this. I almost wish I hadn't told him about it until I could show him the money freshly deposited in my paypal account.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#137 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorker
DP is totally skeptical. He doesn't believe I'll be paid for this. I almost wish I hadn't told him about it until I could show him the money freshly deposited in my paypal account.
My DH doesn't know what I'm doing yet. I plan on giving him my first checks next month (his bday is the 29th) as a bday present-feed money for the flock of sheep he's been wanting, but we couldn't figure out how we were going to pay for their feed the first year. If I keep going, I should have the exact amount we need by the end of the month.

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
#138 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 10:23 AM

bjorker, your question about cancelling free trials made me think of something. I signed up for a free trial yesterday. It's a pretty big pay out, and it hasn't been credited or denied. It says to wait one week. It is only a one week trial. I don't feel comfortable waiting until the very last day to cancel. I'd like to cancel the day before. So, if it's not credited by then, does that mean I can't request credit because I already cancelled the trial?
#139 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 PM

I just read through this whole thread and was wondering if their are any sites that pay out when ever, you know not on a schedule or a month later...I kinda need money now...or at least very very soon...any ideas?
#140 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_b
bjorker, your question about cancelling free trials made me think of something. I signed up for a free trial yesterday. It's a pretty big pay out, and it hasn't been credited or denied. It says to wait one week. It is only a one week trial. I don't feel comfortable waiting until the very last day to cancel. I'd like to cancel the day before. So, if it's not credited by then, does that mean I can't request credit because I already cancelled the trial?
I am not completely for sure, but i see no reason you cant cancel a day before...you did try the service. Anyone else know better?

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#141 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 04:48 PM

you can still request credit even though you've canceled your trial but hopefully it will approve before then
#142 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 04:49 PM

I PM'd freespiritmom, but was wondering if anyone else completed a trial for the Denise Austin Fit webite membership thingy. I got to it from DBP, and understood the offer to be $4 for a 7 day trial that pays $21. However, the confirmation e-mail reads:

"You have been billed $52.00 by Waterfront Media, our online publishing partner. This covers your first 13 weeks of Fit Forever! with Denise Austin. You may cancel your membership any time for any reason and receive a refund for the unused portion of your subscription. Keep in mind that the first 4 weeks of your membership are non-refundable. To request a refund or cancel your subscription, just call Customer Care at (888) 662-1293, Monday through Friday, 9am to 8pm Eastern time.

This is an auto-renewal program so you will never have to worry about the hassle of renewing. Your subscription and account will be automatically renewed, and your credit card charged during the first week of each subscription period at the low renewal rate of just $52 for 13 weeks. Please keep in mind that your subscription will be automatically renewed unless you contact us."

Eeep! So, did the offer change? Will I be billed for 4 weeks? Thoughts, please!

simply being a mama to 5!loving, living and learning at home...
#143 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyMama
I PM'd freespiritmom, but was wondering if anyone else completed a trial for the Denise Austin Fit webite membership thingy. I got to it from DBP, and understood the offer to be $4 for a 7 day trial that pays $21. However, the confirmation e-mail reads:

"You have been billed $52.00 by Waterfront Media, our online publishing partner. This covers your first 13 weeks of Fit Forever! with Denise Austin. You may cancel your membership any time for any reason and receive a refund for the unused portion of your subscription. Keep in mind that the first 4 weeks of your membership are non-refundable. To request a refund or cancel your subscription, just call Customer Care at (888) 662-1293, Monday through Friday, 9am to 8pm Eastern time.

This is an auto-renewal program so you will never have to worry about the hassle of renewing. Your subscription and account will be automatically renewed, and your credit card charged during the first week of each subscription period at the low renewal rate of just $52 for 13 weeks. Please keep in mind that your subscription will be automatically renewed unless you contact us."

: Sounds like they're going to bill you for 4 weeks. Did you use a prepaid account? I'm sorry that happened to you.
#144 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyMama

OK, tell me if I got this math wrong.

$52/13 weeks = $4/wk (7 day trial)

So even if you get billed $16 for the first 4 weeks, you'll still make $5 (as long as you don't have to ship anything back). Not as nice of a profit as $17, but not a poke in the eye.

However, if you saved your terms and conditions or printed them out, I'd call right away and discuss that with them. Have your T&C handy in front of you and just talk to them about it. Most companies are incredibly easy to work with.

Remember the golden rule of dealing with customer service over the phone (this comes from years of working phone CS)-if you're not getting the answer you want, ask to speak to their supervisor. They have to transfer you. If that supervisor isn't helping, ask to speak to THEIR supervisor.

You signed up for a 7 day trial, not a 4 wk trial. If you have your T&C, you've got proof that's what you signed up for.

Good luck!

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
#145 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 05:13 PM

I replied to your pm but have read the email you received again and now realized I read it too quickly the first time. They will keep payment for 4 weeks like Niamh has stated and then you can get a refund on the remainder.
#146 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 05:26 PM

Thanks for the PM, freespiritmom!!! I took your advice, and called CS. Good news is that they cancelled & are refunding the charge to my CC! Yayyyy! Of course, no $21 payment, but I don't care! I really thought I read the terms, but obviously not carefully enough! Gah! Thank you, mamas, for the advice!

Sooo, I did a couple of freebies and a few trials this morning...hopefully there will be no problems with any of these:

4wks free trial Netflix
Scholastic Books Dr. Suess Book offer
SuperFoods RX
Stamps.com 4wk trial
Cortiban

I understand that I'll need to keep on top of cancellations & returns. Has anyone had any problems with any of these offers? I think that the $5 free stamps.com postage should help cover the return shipping for the Cortiban & SuperFoods RX. *sigh* I'm just mentally worn out right now. I don't think I want to try any casino offers. : That might just do me in!

#147 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 05:47 PM

Okay,

I used DBP for all of my trials, except the Cortiban. For the Cortiban, I used Flip6, and understood the $25 paypal reward to be for completing one offer. Do I also need one referral in addition to the one offer? 'Cause I don't have any. *sigh* I'm looking all over the Flip6 website, but there isn't really a lot of info there. I really am feeling discouraged. How do I get a referral?

#148 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I used Flip6, and understood the $25 paypal reward to be for completing one offer. Do I also need one referral in addition to the one offer? 'Cause I don't have any. *sigh* I'm looking all over the Flip6 website, but there isn't really a lot of info there. I really am feeling discouraged. How do I get a referral?
Yes, the Flip6 website is primarly referral based. You sign up and complete 1 offer, then you get your prize according to how many referrals you signed up to get. The $25 prize is for 1 referral, so you have to do 1 offer and then get 1 referral to do an offer.

This is the difference between DIY (Do it Yourself) sites where you make the money for doing the offers yourself and PTR (Paid to Refer) where you get people to sign up under you and complete offers to make money.

#149 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
We just switched ISPs yesterday. Is this going to affect my IP? Do I need to open a support ticket at each of my GPT sites to let them know?
I"m not sure...don't know enough about computer stuff to answer. :

#150 of 895 Old 08-24-2006, 08:37 PM

nak

iut seems to me that a lot of the trials require you to send back the product. In fact, I am finding it hard to find ones that don't. I know me- I am good at phonng to cancel, but making it to the post office is a completely different story! Can anyone point me in the right direction (pref at dpb) for trials that don't require you to send back the sample? Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page