Mamas making money on GPT websites.... - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got my pp card and I've branched out to trials. I signed up for Blockbuster, Today's Escapes and Bargain.com. These all required a $1 authorization. When I checked my simon.com balance today, I noticed that all three charged me the $1 and then other charges. Escapes and Bargain both charged me $16 and Blockbuster charged $9.99 + tax. I didn't think the sites were supposed to charge anything until the free trial was over? Anybody have experience with this? Willthey credit my card after I cancel or do I need to contact customer service?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 03:19 PM

I have a question. I only have $3.28 left on my Simon Gift Account. That's not enough to do another trial offer. I can get another account, but can I then transfer that $3.28 to my new account? Or am I just stuck with $3.28 that I can't use?
#183 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 03:26 PM

If you're using Roboform, there is a "custom" catagory that you can set to check off the "none of the above" boxes. For field name, put "none of the above," for field value, put 'Y', and for "other match strings" put "none" and "none of these." This will work for the square boxes. There are also two more custom fields you can designate - I use them for marital status and education level, but you can set them for whatever questions you see repeating a lot. Other things, like your age, birthdate, job, etc are built into Roboform, so you can put them in along with your name and address.

Also, some one posted above the trick for filling in "no" on the bubble questions - hold alt and = at the same time and they will all go to no. Beware, though, that it will also fill in all the check boxes for the questions that are lists of diseases or products you use. So if you want to use the alt/= function on a page that has those lists, highlight the other portions of the page before you use it.
#184 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_b
I have a question. I only have $3.28 left on my Simon Gift Account. That's not enough to do another trial offer. I can get another account, but can I then transfer that $3.28 to my new account? Or am I just stuck with $3.28 that I can't use?
You should be able to add funds i would think ???

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#185 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 04:10 PM

What sites are you all having success at?

I am doing good on DBP and FusionCash (doing freebies mostly) and just did all the freebies at PureProfitz (there wasnt that many)

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#186 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisagotami
Every time I try to login in to deal barbie it just brings me to a blank page, my computer says "done" so what the heck? Is any one else having trouble with the web site?
This is happening to me today, I was worried, thinking I did something wrong and am now banned from DBP! I just signed up yesterday, and am anxious to keep going on it. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.
Since Im on here (just found this tribe area!), I posted a little while ago in the WAHM well asking for some GPT pointers and tips for beginners, if anyone on here has some they can share, feel free to PM or email me, please! rosieb.juane@sbcglobal.net
#187 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 05:26 PM

I sent you a tutorial Rosie

And the barbie site has been down for me since around midnight last night. I just get a blank page after trying to log-in. A few of my referrals are experiencing the same thing. I've contacted Christina, the owner, and posted in the barbie forum so hopefully the problem will be fixed soon.

Mama-b ~ You can't transfer funds from one simon account onto another but you can still use the balance on more $1 offers. There are many of them. I just did a new trial offer a couple of days ago at barbie that cost .99. And there are several that cost $1.95 too. You should be able to use up most of your balance.

Oliviabolivia ~ The last time I opened a blockbuster offer it actually did cost $9.99 to complete so I'm not sure about the one you did. The other ones should not have charged you more than $1 and you need to contact them to see why they have charged you. Sometimes an offer will charge my card $1 twice but one of these charges is a pending charge while falls off after 7 business days. Can you go into your gift card account and view just "pending" offers? I can do this with my arvest and simon prepaid visa accounts... so I know what charges are "real" and which ones will be coming off after a few days. Even so... they shouldn't have even put pending charges for those amounts on your card and you need to contact customer support and request a refund.
#188 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 05:47 PM

Do do you guys kind of "schedule" your GTP time? I'm an online student and I have a 16 mo old and watch my two neices for about 6 hours a day, so I'm trying to figure out how to do this so every thing in my life gets the attention it deserves.

My goal is to earn about $15-$20 a day in freebies untill after next month when get my first "paycheck". How many hours a day should I be working on this to acheive my goal?

By the way...many thanks to freespiritmom, your advice has really helped out!
#189 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritmom

Oliviabolivia ~ The last time I opened a blockbuster offer it actually did cost $9.99 to complete so I'm not sure about the one you did. The other ones should not have charged you more than $1 and you need to contact them to see why they have charged you. Sometimes an offer will charge my card $1 twice but one of these charges is a pending charge while falls off after 7 business days. Can you go into your gift card account and view just "pending" offers? I can do this with my arvest and simon prepaid visa accounts... so I know what charges are "real" and which ones will be coming off after a few days. Even so... they shouldn't have even put pending charges for those amounts on your card and you need to contact customer support and request a refund.
Thanks for responding, Sherrie. I tried to look at just pending charges in my Simon giftaccount, but I don't see that option.

I called customer service at both At Home Rewards and Bargain.com, and spoke with both cs reps and their supervisors. They have no record of the $16 charge. They kept asking, "are you sure it says bargain.com on your cc statement?" So, there's no way I can ask for a refund because their records don't show that I was charged. Plus, they can't figure out why it would be $16, since that is not the recurring charge for either of their monthly fees. It's like $9.95 or $19.95. I'm totally confused. Do I just wait to see if the charges are removed, or is there some way to contact Simon about the charges?

The BB one said that it would charge $1 for billing/address confirmation, etc., but as long as I canceled within the 30-day trial period then I would not be billed. At least, that's how I understood it. I'm not really concerned about that one since I'm going to get to watch some movies and the payout was $28.

Thanks.
#190 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 06:24 PM

I just checked my simon account and you are right. You can't check for pending charges. I was thinking I had but actually it puts "reversed" in red next to the transaction description once the pending charges have come off. And simon reverses the holds a lot faster than my visa prepaid with Arvest.

If they told you that they have no record of the charge then I'm sure it's pending. When I first started doing these programs I didn't understand the pending charges either and when I phoned the companies they never had record of more than one charge on my card. So when I company only has record of one charge then the additional charge is always a pending one for me. I'm sure it's the same way for you. You could however contact Simon and ask. If it's a pending charge then they will be able to tell you.
#191 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
If you're using Roboform, there is a "custom" catagory that you can set to check off the "none of the above" boxes. For field name, put "none of the above," for field value, put 'Y', and for "other match strings" put "none" and "none of these." This will work for the square boxes. There are also two more custom fields you can designate - I use them for marital status and education level, but you can set them for whatever questions you see repeating a lot. Other things, like your age, birthdate, job, etc are built into Roboform, so you can put them in along with your name and address.

Also, some one posted above the trick for filling in "no" on the bubble questions - hold alt and = at the same time and they will all go to no. Beware, though, that it will also fill in all the check boxes for the questions that are lists of diseases or products you use. So if you want to use the alt/= function on a page that has those lists, highlight the other portions of the page before you use it.
Thanks for these tips Jeri. I had never taken the time to look into customizing Roboform. Do you know what the "Y" stands for in the "field value"?
#192 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I just checked my simon account and you are right. You can't check for pending charges. I was thinking I had but actually it puts "reversed" in red next to the transaction description once the pending charges have come off. And simon reverses the holds a lot faster than my visa prepaid with Arvest.

If they told you that they have no record of the charge then I'm sure it's pending. When I first started doing these programs I didn't understand the pending charges either and when I phoned the companies they never had record of more than one charge on my card. So when I company only has record of one charge then the additional charge is always a pending one for me. I'm sure it's the same way for you. You could however contact Simon and ask. If it's a pending charge then they will be able to tell you.
Thanks, Sherrie! You have such good customer service skills you should start your own GPT! I'd join in a second.
#193 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 07:12 PM

lol. I've actually thought about it but when I try to do techie stuff on the computer I end up feeling like a monkey reading a road map. : It's just not my thing plus I don't have the start-up funds. Something to think more about though.
#194 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Thanks for these tips Jeri. I had never taken the time to look into customizing Roboform. Do you know what the "Y" stands for in the "field value"?
The Y just refers to the fact that the box next to the field gets a check mark. I played around with it a little bit to figure it out, and that's what works. In case you can't find it, you get to the custom field by clicking to edit your information - then you'll see a bunch of tabs (the first one being "summary"). The last tab to the right is the custom tab - you might need to scroll over to see it.
#195 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviabolivia
Thanks, Sherrie! You have such good customer service skills you should start your own GPT! I'd join in a second.
ITA Sherrie you are soooo helpful & so awesome!

I have a question. When you are doing the freebies on dealbarbie do you just exit after submitting the second page (you know, click the x on the top right of the computer screen) or is there a specific button w/in the site you have to press?? I haven't actually started yet but have been browsing..

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#196 of 895 Old 08-25-2006, 11:40 PM

I'm also confused about the period trick. So say my email address is

suzyQ@hotmail.com when I go to do an offer do I just add a period (suzy.Q@hotmail.com) even though I haven't registered for that address?? I'm wondering if I have to go back to hotmail and fill everything in again except adding a period or is it just a made up address?

Also (sorry) on dealbarbie can you only use one email address per company?? Like one survey off of consumer promotion & one off of Big Win.... I don't get when you're supposed to switch addresses.

I hope that makes sense. I feel really lost still.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#197 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 12:31 AM

I'm not sure how it works with hotmail, but with gmail, email addressed to suziQ @ gmail.com and s.uziQ and su.ziQ etc will all go to the same email box. So a 30 character gmail address (that's the max # of characters you can have) is the same as 30 different email addys. You don't need to register each variation with gmail. You can only, from my experience, use each email address once for each company. What I do is save an email address in Roboform - like, suziQ @ gmail.com . Then do a survey from each different company I can find (Like one from CPC, one from Winning Surveys, one from BigWin, etc) until I have done one from every company. Then I clear my cookies. Then I go back to Roboform and change the email address by moving the period - so I'd change it to s.uziQ @ gmail.com . Then I'd start over and do a survey from each company. Then clear my cookies. Then change the email address, etc etc. When one email address is used up, I get a new one and start over.
#198 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 01:11 AM

Thank You eclipse!! That is a very good idea of how to do it. I had it explained to me by Sherrie but I am slow to catch on sometimes. Haha.

#199 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 01:13 AM

Okay last question for now. When you're on deal barbie and it says "Login ID" before each offer, is that where you start putting the period email addresses in or is that where you put your main address that's associated with dealbarbie?

#200 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 02:48 AM

I don't have much time but wanted to answer your last question lovingmommy ... I always type my username in the box. Then once I type in my username I open the offer, complete it, then go back to barbie and click to submit it for manual credit.

and thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I've had the opportunity to help.
#201 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 03:29 AM

I always put the email address that I used to complete the offer, and I've always gotten credit. So, either both ways are fine, or Christina is really smart and figures it out.
#202 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 03:40 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I'm past $20 on deal barbie and $17 on fushion cash! I can't believe this is for real! I can't wait to see that money for real! Good luck guys and again thanks for sharing all your tips!

Now it's time to go to bed...I hope I don't get carpal tunnel from all this computer work!
#203 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
I always put the email address that I used to complete the offer, and I've always gotten credit. So, either both ways are fine, or Christina is really smart and figures it out.
I know others who do the same thing. I had some referrals that were not getting credit. That changed when they started typing in their username so now I always suggest this especially if someone is experiencing a lot of denials.

So basically.. If you are getting the majority of your offers approved then you are obviously doing it right and shouldn't change anything. If you think that too many offers are being denied (more than 20%) then consider making a change or two and see how that effects your approval rating... Maybe change what you are typing in the manual credit box, change browsers, disable firewall while doing offers etc etc..
#204 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 01:26 PM

Does anyone know if you have to clear your cookies between each offer?? Also, what do you mean by submitting it for manual credit?? I haven't tried that. Once I'm done with the survey I have just been exiting out of it and that's all I do. A bunch have been denied though so obviously I'm struggling somewhere.

#205 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 04:41 PM

loving...the first day I did mine a a bunch got denied like 30, I discovered that I was doinf two things wrong, mainly I was not going far enough throught some of the surveys and also i was using the same email too many times...I use the period trick now and also I've been clearing cookies to be safe. Also I use the email address I used in the offer to "submit" for manual credit, so far these changes have helped greatly! I was 10/40 submits but now I'm more like 30/40. Good Luck!
#206 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 05:41 PM

That Blockbuster one did the same thing to me.. It was advertised as a FREE 30 day trial but it charged me the $9.99 membership fee on top of the $1. Like Oliviabolivia said, it's not such a big deal cause the payout was $28 but I'm a tightwad so it kind of makes me :
Plus.. It's false advertising! I'm going to call and complain.

~Stephanie )O(

DS- 07/01 & DD- 09/05 & DD- 12/07 & DS- 10/13

#207 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 05:50 PM

Re: Blockbuster. I've *never* seen it advertized as a free trial. And I've seen it on Flip6, IPz and DPB. Always as a $9.95/mo trial. That's why the pay out is so high...

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#208 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 07:21 PM

Thanks for helping me once again Sherrie.

#209 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 07:23 PM

Thank you also kisagotami & eclipse.

#210 of 895 Old 08-26-2006, 10:10 PM

Hey Mamas! Has anyone done any of the PTC offers that are showing up on DealBardie under the 'others' heading on the far right? They payouts are high, like $35 for signing up and completing two ofers. The sites are like 'Free5004Me", as well as other. I went to the actual websites to try and check them out, but wasn't able to find much. They seem like other GPT sites. Are the offers any good on these? I'd love any input, I really want to make some more money for the end of the month. Thanks wise GPT Mamas!

Jodie, married to my best friend and Mama to three amazing kiddos, Jack (6), Matthew (4) and Sam (21 months) and cautiously waiting for a new little one due early spring (shhh, it's a secret!)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page