Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2006, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonsterMommy
Re: Blockbuster. I've *never* seen it advertized as a free trial. And I've seen it on Flip6, IPz and DPB. Always as a $9.95/mo trial. That's why the pay out is so high...
See, I was under the impression that it was a free trial as well. I read the terms and everything... and I have that $9.95 charge too, so either I really missed something or Blockbuster is whacked. I thought maybe it would go away once I cancelled before the 2-week trial was up, which I haven't done yet... so we'll see.

I went back to Fusion just now to find it, and it's not even on there anymore.
It's on DBP as what you are saying... $9.95 for your first month... but I don't feel like this is the same page that I filled out. I suppose I should know that for sure. Plus, this is for a whole month, and I specifically have it written down as a two week trial. I pretty clearly remember that, too. I guess this is my first big learning experience...

Ah, I'll go log into the email acct I used, surely I should have some kind of confirmation email...

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:23 PM

yep, i got charged for that one as well and i am sure i saw it as a free trial grrrrr

i am sure it was under the free trials and it said i wouldnt be charged until the month trial was up

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

Old 08-28-2006, 04:30 PM

ok, this is what the terms and conditions for blockbuster says

Free Trials. From time to time, in BLOCKBUSTER Online's sole discretion, BLOCKBUSTER Online may offer a free trial period to first-time customers, limit one per household and/or Payment Card. Where such an offer is made, at the time of registration for your free trial, your credit or check card will be authorized for one month of service plus applicable taxes, though your Payment Card will not be charged for the duration of the free trial period. Other terms of free trial offers, including duration of free trial, may vary. Specific details of your free trial not covered in these Online Rental Terms and Conditions will be explained on the web page you land on prior to clicking sign-up. Your trial period begins the day you sign up for BLOCKBUSTER Online membership.

Old 08-28-2006, 04:31 PM

I bet i know why *I* was charged....we had blockbuster online a long time ago and cancelled...so i am not considered a 1st time customer

I did get paid the $27 tho

Old 08-28-2006, 04:41 PM

i have a question. i am just starting this. i generally use netscape as my brower of choice, i really dislike IE. but, i was wondering if i use internet explorer only for my GPT stuff, will i have to clear cookies on netscape as well or just IE?? anyone know? thanks!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariposa
i have a question. i am just starting this. i generally use netscape as my brower of choice, i really dislike IE. but, i was wondering if i use internet explorer only for my GPT stuff, will i have to clear cookies on netscape as well or just IE?? anyone know? thanks!
You only have to clear the cookies on the browser you are using for the offers. That's why I've been using IE for all my offers (even though I hate it)

Of course now Sherrie says that she's having better luck with freebie offers clearing when she uses FireFox, but I don't think I am willing to do offers on FireFox because I use it for everything else in my life (I have an online biz and work with a non-profit online)

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
Old 08-28-2006, 04:55 PM

Im having such trouble setting up the free online phone service with NetZero, anyone else? The page just freezes up right after I enter my state (TX). What are some other free services I can use?

Also, is it safe to enter in SS#s on freebie offers? Ive noticed many places asking for it, but I dunno....
Old 08-28-2006, 05:26 PM

Right, so Netflix has a similar 2 week free trial, and the terms read much the same. I've already cancelled within a few days, but the authorization $13-and-something charge is still posted on my account. Can I expect this charge to 'fall off', or no? I'm still confused. (As usual, it seems. Maybe this GPT stuff isn't for me! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoefairy3
ok, this is what the terms and conditions for blockbuster says

Free Trials. From time to time, in BLOCKBUSTER Online's sole discretion, BLOCKBUSTER Online may offer a free trial period to first-time customers, limit one per household and/or Payment Card. Where such an offer is made, at the time of registration for your free trial, your credit or check card will be authorized for one month of service plus applicable taxes, though your Payment Card will not be charged for the duration of the free trial period. Other terms of free trial offers, including duration of free trial, may vary. Specific details of your free trial not covered in these Online Rental Terms and Conditions will be explained on the web page you land on prior to clicking sign-up. Your trial period begins the day you sign up for BLOCKBUSTER Online membership.

simply being a mama to 5!loving, living and learning at home...
Old 08-28-2006, 05:59 PM

I don't do offers that ask for a social security number.

Netscape is a browser that administrators often warn about using. Netscape and AOL can tell the sites that you have more than one IP. If you are using one of these two browsers and are new at gpt programs... you need to contact administrators of the sites and let them know. Dealbarbie has a notice on their homepage that you should not use Netscape or AOL... just use IE or Firefox.

notice at dealbarbie:

PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT use AOL or Netscape browsers to access the site. Doing so may cause the system to show that you have multiple accounts and you will be deleted. Use Internet Explorer or Firefox.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:15 PM

[QUOTE=freespiritmom]
cadzz ~ Most sites will have the same offers which is why I'm not active with many different ones. I know people who claim to be active with at least 10 sites and I just don't see the point. I spread my trials over 3 good sites and do freebies on mainly 2 of them and occasionally one other. I visit several other sites daily to keep up with what's going on since I have active referrals there and I want to be able to help them or answer questions about the site and offers if needed. You listed a lot in your previous post and also stated that you had been paid by a "ton" more. You didn't list dealbarbiepays or prizebook. Are you familiar with these 2 sites? They are great sites but will have the same offers I'm sure as the ones you are already active with.

And for those who don't know ... "OOD" stands for "offer of doom" which means it's an offer that requires more of an investment and is possibly more risky ...or one that requires you to actually remain with the service for at least a month before you receive credit.

Thanks for that response, in the begining it was just doing the sites for quick cash without planning on finishing them for myself, but after a while I realized there was money to be made so I began focusing on getting them completed.. Now its sorta bummy cause I have done most of the offers I can do.. I am on prizebook and dealbarbiepays, prizebook is a hit and miss for me, one offer will credit and two won't : .. right now I am focusing on completing flip6 and next month I will start on another...
Old 08-28-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobersweethearts
Oooh, that sounds cool! I already use the Excel spreadsheet and the Word document, but please send me info on how to hyperlink it! Very cool!

BTW, I also meant to tell you that the list of links you gave to the GPT tip sites was great.
1) C&P your TOS into a Word document, and save it

2) Go to the cell in your Excel document where you want to link it

3) Go to Insert -- Hyperlink -- it will give you a box where you can select the document you want to hyperlink to (you can also hyperlink to a website) -- the hyperlink should go in the blank box at the bottom (address) and the text you want for it goes in the top box

4) That's it!! Easy peasy.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 08-28-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisagotami
Hey guys! Well, so far I'm doing ok on DBP but IP has only credited me about $3.90 out of about $20.00 worth of offers. WTH? It's been about 3 days and they don't have a way for me to see if they've been rejected or what. Every one else seems to be doing really good with IP. What could the problem be?

Also I have a question about moving, because we will be movng next month...will this affect my IP address and stuff?
Hmmm, I don't know what to tell you on IPz except for what they say...use IE, make sure you have it set to accept all cookies, clear cookies before doing offers.

We just switched ISPs and I submitted help tickets to let the GPT sites know I'd done so, just to be on the safe side.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 08-28-2006, 06:52 PM

I would NEVER enter my SS number on a GPT website. I also put in a fake birthday - it's close, but not exact. I figure, if I'm giving them my real name and address, I shouldn't give them the other two pieces of information that will make identity theft super-easy.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:12 PM

So here's what I've noticed. I get almost 100% approval with Winning Surveys, My Insider Deals, My Elite Rewards, FGW & YSR. Which is great! But I can't get hardly any approval with Consumer Promotion, ARP, and all the rest of DBP freebie surveys. Is there something that I'm missing with these families? A trick to the trade so to speak, because I've just stopped doing them all together it's so discouraging!

I'm still not sure about IP, I'm going to spend some time on it today and see what happens.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:13 PM

GPT sites do not ask for your social security number. You will, however, have to submit it with your w9 tax form once you reach $600 ($400 on some sites). Some freebies will ask for a social. I would avoid those entirely. There are some freebie offers that will ask for your social on the 2nd page but sometimes those offers only need the first page submitted inorder to receive credit.

IMPORTANT: I've had 2 referrals loose their accounts because they gave a fake date of birth while doing freebies. It is clearly stated in the terms of service on all gpt programs that you must use accurate information when completing offers. Giving false info.. even if it's just slightly different... is still considered fraud by the gpt programs and by the advertisers. You may not get caught but some people obviously do and it's just not worth the risk imo.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:24 PM

kisagotami ~ Actually 3 of the freebie families all belong to the same site/company. Win surveys go through the same site as consumer promotion surveys.. so you would actually need to make sure that you use different emails for both of those.

Let me look through my book and find out which 3 families go through the same site. I'll update this post in a few minutes

edited:
ok here goes. I almost hate adding this because I know it's just going to add to the confusion for those who are just now getting started. Let me just say to those people right now... Don't let this overwhelm you to the point that you throw up your hands. I was getting plenty of freebies approved before I ever realized that some of them are through the same site... so just keep doing what you are doing and then utilize the new information that you recieve (like the following) to better increase your approval rating.

WinS, Consumer Beat, Opinion Direct, Survey Networks, & Consumer Expressions are actually all through the same company.

Survey Center & Opinion Surveys are the same.

My Select Gifts, Incentive Reward Center, Online Reward Center, My Choice Rewards, & Consumer Incentive Rewards are related.

Generally I just try to mix up emails between WinS, Consumer Promotion, & Survey Network. Those are the 3 that I had written down a couple of months ago that were related.. through the same company. I have since learned about the others but I've been happy enough with my approval rating that I haven't really concentrated on making sure that I use different emails with all the sites that are related. I think I might try to get a bit more organized tonight though. Spending just half an hour tonight working out a better plan for completing freebie that will increase my approval rating will definitely be worth the time and effort.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:06 PM

Thank-you Sherrie! That is very helpful. I'm going to save that info for sure.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritmom
Thanks Cookie And I am normally resistant to change myself but IPz's site was my least favorite due to colors and layout. TT's site has always been my favorite. The colors and theme really appeal to me. Probably has something to do with us being big Indiana Jones fans here

cadzz ~ Most sites will have the same offers which is why I'm not active with many different ones. I know people who claim to be active with at least 10 sites and I just don't see the point. I spread my trials over 3 good sites and do freebies on mainly 2 of them and occasionally one other. I visit several other sites daily to keep up with what's going on since I have active referrals there and I want to be able to help them or answer questions about the site and offers if needed. You listed a lot in your previous post and also stated that you had been paid by a "ton" more. You didn't list dealbarbiepays or prizebook. Are you familiar with these 2 sites? They are great sites but will have the same offers I'm sure as the ones you are already active with.

And for those who don't know ... "OOD" stands for "offer of doom" which means it's an offer that requires more of an investment and is possibly more risky ...or one that requires you to actually remain with the service for at least a month before you receive credit.

kisagotami ~ I'm not sure what's wrong with your offers at IPz. I'm doing win and msg surveys there and all of them are approving. I'm sure we are doing the same things. I will say that my approval rating there really improved when I started using Firefox for freebies. You might try this if you haven't already. And I really wish IPz would keep up with our pending offers like the other sites. In my opinion, it's the only negative aspect of their program. Normally your IP is through your internet service provider so if you are keeping the same provider then your ip should remain the same. I would check with your provider just to be safe.

Marie ~ I'm not sure about iwon and directtv. I did iwon a long time ago and I've never done directtv. Which site are you trying to complete them through?

Jodie ~ This statement is found within the terms of service at True.com

Code of Ethics. I agree to adhere to the TRUE Code of Ethics and certify that:...

I am not married. (This certification will be verified for U.S. citizens through TRUE's Single Verification Screening)

If you are married you shouldn't do the True.com offer. Doing so is considered fraud and is not worth the risk of having your account placed on hold.

And, yes, you will have to pay taxes on your earnings if you earn over $600 on any one site. Once you reach $600 on any particular site that site will require that you send in a W-9 form. Some sites, like barbie, require a W9 when you reach $400. Then at the end of the year they will send you a 1099 ...showing your yearly earnings... and will also report this amount to the IRS. Earnings from gpt programs are considered "misc" earnings by the IRS and it's easy enough to attach a 1099 misc tax form to your 1040 that most people file during tax time. If you are concerned about how gpt earnings will effect your filing status/return then just call the IRS. They have always been very helpful to me (when I can get through).
Thanks Sherrie as always! You ROCK!

Jodie, married to my best friend and Mama to three amazing kiddos, Jack (6), Matthew (4) and Sam (21 months) and cautiously waiting for a new little one due early spring (shhh, it's a secret!)
Old 08-28-2006, 09:39 PM

Sherrie, O wise one of GPT knowledge!

In your "freebie tips" you sent me [very helpful by the way] you talk about how on certain surveys, you only have to fill out through the 2nd page and then can close the window & then go back & fill in the white bar, if need be. For example, this is true for My Elite Rewards, My Insider Deals; I've had many freebies credit doing them this way, submitting just the 1st two pages

But now I'm onto Rewards Gateway and I"m wondering if I'm doing it right. Now the 1st page will have *one* yes/no question only on it, instead of the long list of yes/no dots that I'm used to. And this continues as the pages come. Does one question per page count as a full page, and will I get credited if I answer just the 1st 2 questions/pages?

This is on DBP, by the way. thanks!

it is so fun to see the cash earnings build up. I can't believe how easy & profitable this is, once you get speed built up. After I get paid for this 1st month I am definitely getting organized with the spreadsheets so I can delve into the paid offers
Old 08-28-2006, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Not Sherrie, but I think I got this info from her...

This is how much you have to complete on each freebie to get credit

Consumer Promotion Center - Submit 2nd page
My Insider Deals - Submit 2nd page
Brand Survey Panel - Submit 2nd page
My Elite Rewards - Submit 2nd page
Rewards Gateway - Submit 2nd page
My Select Gifts - Submit 2nd page
Savings List - Submit 2nd page

Consumer Beat - Do until you see message in black at the top that reads "Thank you. Your information has been received successfully"

Winning Surveys - Do until you see message in black at the top that reads "Thank you. Your information has been received successfully"

Consumer Expression - Do until you see message in black at the top that reads "Thank you. Your information has been received successfully"

Survey Networks - Do until you see message in black at the top that reads "Thank you. Your information has been received successfully"

Opinion Direct - Do until you see message in black at the top that reads "Thank you. Your information has been received successfully

Net Panel - Done when progress bar in upper right corner shows completed and when you see "Exclusive Bonus Offer blah blah" at top of page. When you get to this page the progress bar will be empty again but you are done.

Dana, mom to Avery & Natalie 7 , Cole 4 , and Baby #4 on the way!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky
Have you been clearing cookies, and making SURE the cookies are cleared? I.e. checking through your browser after using CCleaner? I'm no longer using CCleaner, I've found by checking that it doesn't work for me - even with the Firefox extension installed, when I actually look at my cookies folder, there are tons of cookies left. So on Firefox I just use "Clear Private Data" under "Tools" and that way I KNOW there are no cookies left.
Hmm... I just went and checked in Firefox after using CCleaner, and found the same thing. There are cookies left. Maybe there is some explanation/fix for this? It's so easy for me just to press one button and NOT have it clear out all my cookies for email, GPT sites, etc each time... I'd hate to give up using it.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorker
Hmm... I just went and checked in Firefox after using CCleaner, and found the same thing. There are cookies left. Maybe there is some explanation/fix for this? It's so easy for me just to press one button and NOT have it clear out all my cookies for email, GPT sites, etc each time... I'd hate to give up using it.
There's an extension you can download for Firefox/CCleaner, but I still found that even using that, cookies were not clearing unless I shut Firefox first, ran CCleaner, then re-opened Firefox. So basically I have found I can do one of two things:

1) Clear all cookies on Firefox and just suck it up (this is where Roboform really comes in handy, I sprang for the Pro version and did it through DBP for a $4 credit)

or

2) Use IE for offers, Firefox for browsing.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:14 PM

Just curious re: freebies, do any of the sites say you can only do one per family? I realize the dollar amounts are low, but presumably the survey companies have the same interests as other companies, i.e. getting non-duplicative genuine individual signups, not a bunch of emails for the same person. If completing, say, Netflix more than once is considered fraud, why isn't completing WinS more than once fraud?

Old 08-28-2006, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Oh my gosh! I did true.com and I said I was single..... It was a freebie so I didn't think it would matter. Crap!! I didn't even pay attention when I filled it out. Just wrote nonsense..

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 08-29-2006, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky
There's an extension you can download for Firefox/CCleaner, but I still found that even using that, cookies were not clearing unless I shut Firefox first, ran CCleaner, then re-opened Firefox. So basically I have found I can do one of two things:

1) Clear all cookies on Firefox and just suck it up (this is where Roboform really comes in handy, I sprang for the Pro version and did it through DBP for a $4 credit)

or

2) Use IE for offers, Firefox for browsing.

that's what I do- use IE for offers.. it is so much easier than having to keep closing FF.

Oliviabolivia, did you ever find out what the $16 charge was for? I ask because I got charged $16 for the Nascar trial, which was a 30 day, completely free trial, and then $10 a month afterwarsd. They said they have no lcue why I was charged $16 and say they are looking into it. It sounds rather dodgy to me.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:42 AM

My favorite freebie so far: NASCAR.

I completed it on Fusion Cash for $18-Cost $0.

PLUS, you get a $10 gas rebate which they process very quickly.

So, final payout was $28, cost $0!

One word of warning, check on the offer when you click on it. DBP, IPz, and FC were all offering the same deal-$0 trial offer. However, when I clicked on the offer on all three sites, it came up as a paid trial offer. So I closed them down and just kept re-opening until the window said FREE trial. Once it did, I completed the offer-just so happened it was a window from FC.

If I'd just clicked on the offer on one of those sites and completed it, I would've been stuck with a paid offer (ranging anywher from $3.95-$9.95). So now I double check the offer when it comes up to make sure it matches the offer on the GPT page. The links must get mixed up sometimes.

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood
Oh my gosh! I did true.com and I said I was single..... It was a freebie so I didn't think it would matter. Crap!! I didn't even pay attention when I filled it out. Just wrote nonsense..
Yeah, me too. Live and learn, aye?

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceface

But now I'm onto Rewards Gateway and I"m wondering if I'm doing it right. Now the 1st page will have *one* yes/no question only on it, instead of the long list of yes/no dots that I'm used to. And this continues as the pages come. Does one question per page count as a full page, and will I get credited if I answer just the 1st 2 questions/pages?
All you have to do is submit the 2nd page. Once you do this you are done and can "x" out of the page and move on to the next offer. Rewards Gateway asks for your zip (or email.. can't remember right now) on the first page and your name, address, phone etc on the 2nd page. Then the offers start on the 3rd page. I just did 2 of these at IPz. Are we talking about the same offer?
Old 08-29-2006, 03:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
ooh, thanx for the survey families and the tips on how far you have to fill out the surveys. That explains a lot of my declines. I we getting really depressed about doing surveys, but we have no money to spend on trials right now, so surveys are about all I have left that I can do. Now I'm feeling a bit better about trying them again

The hardest part of GPTs for me is having to start so slow because of lack of time and money. It's so frustrating to see so many great offers I want to try and not being able to

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)

User Tag List