Mothering Forum banner

Mamas making money on GPT websites....

37K views 894 replies 92 participants last post by  *Isra* 
#1 ·
Ok, mamas! We are now officially a TRIBE!

This tribe is for those of us who have started making $$ from home on GPT websites. Let's discuss which sites were working, what offers we love, and share how much $$ we're all making!

-Dana

See less See more
#5 ·
Another new GPT addict clicking in!

#10 ·
Question?

When i have been doing the freebies/survery...i keep running across ones for "my winning surveys" and it keeps remembering me (probably b/c there are so many of them and i have used up all my emails on them) Do i need to get some more emails to get proper credit for these?

#11 ·
Quote:
Do ya all think we coudl start a referal conga line of sorts? That way we all can get our far share of the referals
I think that would be great. The only problem is that I'm not sure how we would do it here at MDC and still say within the rules. I know one of the moderators at the WAHM Well (where the thread originated) told us that referral links weren't allowed.

We could keep a running list of each person and what sites they are working. When new people joined and requested a link, we could PM the referral link for the next person on the list. That's the only way I can think to do it. Any other ideas?

#12 ·
So...what sites are you all working?

My favorites and the ones I do the most are:
Deal Barbie Pays
Instant Profitz

I have also completed offers on:
Don't Cost Anything
Flip6
Fusion Cash
Rock Hard Cash
Insta Cash Vault

Any others you all really like?
I have been meaning to check out Prizebook too.

#14 ·
Quote:
Can we get a list of any sites to stay away from?
Right now the only one I can think of is OrderCash4Free -- wouldn't recommend it!

They are quick to put your account on hold, customer service is horrible, and from what I hear, they are in big time trouble with all the Tickle stuff going on.

#15 ·
Some sites with helpful discussions/advice (no guarantees that any/all of it is great advice, but it's been helpful to me to read through others' experiences). Be advised that links to GPT sites may be referral links, or the sites cited may not be the best with the benefit of hindsight, but there is good advice on how to work the sites.

WAHM With Advice

GPT Resource Guide

Jenn's 4 Steps to Making Money from Home

Money Dummy

Mike Binn's Blog

Getting offers to credit correctly

Discussion forums
(may require registration, take the information you find here FWIW):

WAHM.com

MommyJobs.com

AmityMama.com

Anything4Free.com

#16 ·
I have heard mixed reviews about FusionCash, although I have had no problems and got a payout from them. With them -- and with any GPT site -- you have to be super-careful about the terms of service. No checking your accounts from a friend's house, no discussion about cancelling offers, etc.

The problem with a Yahoo group is that I think the format wouldn't lend itself so well to a referral chain...hmm.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by octobersweethearts
I think that would be great. The only problem is that I'm not sure how we would do it here at MDC and still say within the rules. I know one of the moderators at the WAHM Well (where the thread originated) told us that referral links weren't allowed.

We could keep a running list of each person and what sites they are working. When new people joined and requested a link, we could PM the referral link for the next person on the list. That's the only way I can think to do it. Any other ideas?
That sounds like a good idea...that way we are really refering from MDC

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by stellimamo
I have a work and a home computer would I be able to do GPT stuff from both with the same account?
Absolutely not. The sites track your IP address, and you must always always always log in to the site from the same address. Having a shared/rotating IP address, such as in a dorm, will likely be problematic. GPT sites treat seeing several different IPs on the same account as fraud and will put your account on hold for it.

#21 ·
If you don't have Roboform yet, get it...there's a free version available or you can get a paid version with more features. I believe DealBarbiePays may have an offer for a paid version of Roboform.

Here's what Roboform can do for you:

Quote:
Roboform is a wonderful program which allows you to enter your personal information into it, and will then fill in all those zillions of webforms you encounter for you.

Here's how to make filling out those offers an easy and almost non-time consuming process.

1. Download roboform

2. Fill out the information for which the "free survey" will ask: Name, phone number, address. (The quotations are because they're actually advertisers, not because they're actually going to charge you) Roboform also has fields for social security and credit card numbers, but those are completely optional. I leave them blank.

3. When you enter your free survey, simply click the button on your toolbar and roboform will fill in your information.

4. When you get to the fields where you have to click "no" a thousand times, just do click no on the first option and then press the left hand alt button and = at the same time. It will fill in the rest of the fields with the same answer ("no") that you put in the first button.
http://www.moneydummy.net/?cat=15

#22 ·
i did fusioncash last month and got $40 in pp the other day. i just spent an hour or so doing it to see how it works.

i'm going to use that cash to get a visa gc to use.

if you use a visa gc, do you still have to cancel things that you want to cancel? or do they just charge the card and discover they can't?

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quirky
Absolutely not. The sites track your IP address, and you must always always always log in to the site from the same address. Having a shared/rotating IP address, such as in a dorm, will likely be problematic. GPT sites treat seeing several different IPs on the same account as fraud and will put your account on hold for it.
This is a bummer cuz I have more time at work than at home to do a few offers. But some times I can get a few offers in a home.

#24 ·
Well, I THINK that if you haven't registered at all at a site, you could register from work - as long as you only ever use it from work. But I would send a message to the site owner first just to make sure you clear it, i.e. "If I'm registered from home with this other site but want to do your site from work, is that OK?"

I think you can't be too careful when it comes to IPs.

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by octobersweethearts
So...what sites are you all working?

My favorites and the ones I do the most are:
Deal Barbie Pays
Instant Profitz

I have also completed offers on:
Don't Cost Anything
Flip6
Fusion Cash
Rock Hard Cash
Insta Cash Vault

Any others you all really like?
I have been meaning to check out Prizebook too.
Well, I started on August 1 with DBP for surveys. After I got comfortable with that site, I branched out to Treasure Trooper for paid trials. After I got comfortable with TT, I branched out to Fusion Cash and realized TT pays squat!

So then I started comparing offers on DBP, TT, and FC and pretty much gave up on TT. As I said, they take a bigger cut of the reward and they don't have a search engine for offers. I think they're referred so often because their referral percentage is so huge-20% I think! I'll cash out at the end of this month for $53 and probably not go back unless they have a killer offer.

Now I've found Instant Profitz and am lovin' me some of that! Almost all of my offers in the last week have been through them. Great reputation, high payouts, easy to track and use.

Of course, I'm such a dang skeptic that until I get paychecks in my hand late September, I'll be wondering...

If I quit now and cashed out, my payments for Sep would be
TT-$53 ($27 pending)
DBP-$144
FC-$53 (That's TWO offers and a $5 signup bonus!)
IPz-$58 ($78 pending)

Not too bad for only 1 1/2 hrs a day! (I can only concentrate on stuff involving my money when my dd's asleep
)

I REALLY hope this works!

#26 ·
Oh, and anal me has made several spreadsheets to help me track stuff. If you have Excel and want any of these, let me know.

-Master trial tracker. This sheet is at the front of my book and keeps track of ALL of my offers that need to be cancelled. It includes cancel date, site offer completed on, offer name, card used, fee, return costs, reward, profit (reward-cost/return s&h), and whether or not the reward has cleared at the GPT site and the refund cleared on my credit card.

-Survey tracker. This goes behind each GPT site's divider and just keeps track of date, name, requirement (I also put other absolute freebies on this sheet-not just surveys), amount, and whether the offer cleared or was denied. Handy for seeing which surveys perform the best for you.

-Paid trials/offers tracker. This also goes behind each GPT site's divider. It's ridiculously complete. It has the date I signed up, company name, web address, and phone number, trial period, date to cancel by, fee, fee if not cancelled, reward, instructions to cancel, whether or not offer has cleared the GPT site, date cancelled, cancellation confirmation, email used, credit card used, terms and conditions printout confirmation. I told you it was alot!

-Running total sheet. Just to keep me optimistic. This also goes behind each GPT site's divider. It has the date, current balance in my account, # offers pending, denied, and accepted. It keeps me happy to see my balances right there!

So,
: there you have it. When it comes to money, I'm maybe TOO careful!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.