November Thread ~ Making money on GPT programs *New Thread* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 378 Old 11-02-2006, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GPT stands for "get-paid-to" and refers to programs which pay you cash to complete short surveys and to sign up for trial memberships with online companies. I've not found a better way to earn money online.

Visit October's thread to learn more.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=532335

And here are 2 informative threads from September which I recommend you start with if you are just entering the gpt scene.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=482809

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...35#post6183635

I hope everyone has a very successful month with gpt sites. If you are like me you have Christmas in mind and are needing/wanting extra funds to make this time less stressful. A financial strain can really suck the enjoyment out of the holidays. Get started with GPT programs and you'll have cash coming your way next month.. if not sooner.

I have a GPT Tutorial that I would be happy to send you if interested. It explains how the programs work and details how to make the most of them. Just send me a pm.
#2 of 378 Old 11-02-2006, 04:29 PM

I thought I'd answer this from last month's thread over here...

Quote:
Heket ~ I noticed in a previous reply that you stated you were logging into your barbie site from work and home. Have you contacted Christina to tell her this? She will eventually see the different IP addresses and will close your account. I wouldn't want to see that happen. I love her site!
Actually, this was recently addressed in the DBP forums. Basically she said it was fine, just that some of the offers may not credit.

I don't do offers at work. I check my DBP account at work and did try doing a couple of offers at work once just to see if there would be a difference. I did notice someone else posted that a pop-up blocker made the difference in their approval rating. I was going to check on that the next time I get on.
#3 of 378 Old 11-02-2006, 06:16 PM

subbing...

I did pretty well last month and can't wait to get all the $ - Fusion Cash paid already. Too bad it's the smallest amout out of all the sites. Will definitely help with the upcoming holidays (or in the case of this month, real estate taxes)

now I just have to motivate myself to keep going - otherwise there won't be any money coming in next month

I kind of burnt out on trials last month, I'll use this thread as inspiration to start all over. (and I still have 10 trials pending at DBP, I really hope they clear)

thanks, Sherrie!!!
#4 of 378 Old 11-02-2006, 08:47 PM

ok, subbing

and i just had to let ya all know what i bought with my fushion cash money

i found $98 BCBGirls shoes at the goodwill for only $1.99. I struck shoe gold

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#5 of 378 Old 11-02-2006, 08:48 PM

it would help if i hit the subbing button first

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#6 of 378 Old 11-02-2006, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone know why a payout from DBP would be denied? I requested one in mid-October...and now it's showing as denied, and when I click "view" to see why, nothing comes up...it says "page not available". I put in a support ticket, but this is really frustrating. Last month was my first time really using a GPT site , and it doesn't look like I'm getting paid.

Kristi

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#7 of 378 Old 11-02-2006, 11:27 PM

Newbie subbing.
#8 of 378 Old 11-03-2006, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grisandole View Post
Does anyone know why a payout from DBP would be denied? I requested one in mid-October...and now it's showing as denied, and when I click "view" to see why, nothing comes up...it says "page not available". I put in a support ticket, but this is really frustrating. Last month was my first time really using a GPT site , and it doesn't look like I'm getting paid.

Kristi
Contact Christina. She's very nice. If you have not done anything wrong then she will work with you to correct the problem. It's probably some simple mistake.
#9 of 378 Old 11-03-2006, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

bumping so folks see this thread before the October one
#10 of 378 Old 11-03-2006, 04:25 PM

Subbing for the new month
#11 of 378 Old 11-03-2006, 07:14 PM

I have yet another question.....
When they say a trial lasts 10 days or 14 days, etc., do they mean business days or just 10 (or 14) days in a row?
#12 of 378 Old 11-03-2006, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm going to try to carve out some time to do some offers this month. The past 2 months have been nuts and we've been too short on cash to do any paid trials, but I think I'm ready to jump back in. I'm eager to try a few new sites.

Song of Joy, it's 10 days in a row, not business days. And I always count a couple of days back (like 8 instead of 10), to make sure I don't miss the ending day by 12 hours or something Some seem to bill on the actual end day and some give a grace period, so I try to be on the safe side if it's not a service I want to continue.

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#13 of 378 Old 11-03-2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubelin View Post

Song of Joy, it's 10 days in a row, not business days.
Ok, that is what I thought.....doesn't make much sense, though when they take 5 days to mail the product to you!
#14 of 378 Old 11-03-2006, 08:28 PM

I know several of us were having trouble getting freebies to credit at DBP...have any of you had better luck? I've been doing a few there (maybe 10 a day or so) and noticed that my approvals are much better. Maybe all the denials before were a fluke?

I did notice though that my freebies are more likely to credit if my pop up blocker is off. At least, my approvals went up when I started double checking that. I have google toolbar, so when I go to a site, I manually click on my pop up blocker, and I usually only have to do it once and it remembers. Maybe others who are having trouble could try this and we can see what happens!

Do any of you have goals for the month? I'm busy getting an online store up and running, so I decided that I would for sure get the minimum for cashout on each of the sites where I'm active. That will only give me about $100, but it's money I didn't have before. I'll probably reinvest that into Visa gift cards so I can do some trials in December.
#15 of 378 Old 11-04-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Kristi
It's hard when you first start out and things go like this, but Im SURE like Sherrie said, it's a simple mistake. I know when I started out I did all sorts of strange things and got panicked really fast, but it was usually something I did on my part by accident.

About freebies: definitely try doing them without a pop-up blocker, my approvals went way up when I removed it, and leave the confirm page up for 1-2 mins., this helped me a lot too.
#16 of 378 Old 11-04-2006, 10:43 PM

Quote:

Kristi
I got denied my first payout because I put in my username instead of my paypal addy. Christina helped me correct it right away I'd check and see if you made a simple mistake like that.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#17 of 378 Old 11-04-2006, 10:48 PM

Looking into expanding onto a few more sites this month. I really like the looks of Cash Duck....What do you think of Cash Duck, so far? Has anyone gotten paid by them?
#18 of 378 Old 11-04-2006, 10:54 PM

I absoloutely love Cash Duck. I haven't been paid yet, but assuming I do, it's my favorite GPT so far.
#19 of 378 Old 11-05-2006, 12:26 AM

Is it November already?!

Anybody out there do the Carlton Sheets trial successfully have any words of wisdom? I was a bit thrown at the 9lb box of stuff that has shown up. Can it be sent back media mail? I'm calling Monday anyway but thought I'd ask.
#20 of 378 Old 11-05-2006, 10:26 AM

Christine, I did Charlton Sheets and sent it back media mail. Was kind of worried about how much it would be, but it was only a couple of bucks, and I did delivery confirmation. It was delivered 5 days later (and that was with a weekend in between!)

#21 of 378 Old 11-05-2006, 11:07 AM

Well, I started. I got an offer in my email for $500 if I did some offers, and I did them before the "activation email" and didn't get credit : I guess I have to do some more.

Anybody ever do http://www.incentiveleader.com ?

Now that I read the terms...I have to do 2 offers from EACH page (3pgs...) I'm not sure if I wanna do that much......They all seem to be pay for a trial ones....
#22 of 378 Old 11-05-2006, 11:20 AM

Okay, I have to check out Cash Duck, since you all seem to be raving about it. Someone want to send me a referral link via PM?
#23 of 378 Old 11-05-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Christine, I did Charlton Sheets and sent it back media mail. Was kind of worried about how much it would be, but it was only a couple of bucks, and I did delivery confirmation. It was delivered 5 days later (and that was with a weekend in between!)
Lovely! I don't feel so paranoid about this one then. Thanks!
#24 of 378 Old 11-05-2006, 05:16 PM

Has anyone done the Share Builder offer on CashDuck?

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#25 of 378 Old 11-05-2006, 10:17 PM

HA. I went to the last page of offers, and there were only 3 (of which I have to do two, right....) One is for a car loan, which I'd have to get approved and accept, and two are for direct tv/dish services, that I'd have to apply for and buy. What a load of crap. Now I know why I always ignored those in the mail......At least one of them is sending me a $20 gas card.....

I think I'll stick to the links you girls gave me, LOL.
#26 of 378 Old 11-05-2006, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Dani ~ the site you are talking about is similar to those that I'm doing now. However... I do my research, make sure I understand the requirements, and look over the pages/offers before I get started. I make a list of available offers that I can still do and how much each will cost me.. so I know my out-of-pocket expense. I also compare the site to others to make sure I'm getting the most for the amount of offers I'm completing. For example... someone on another board was interested in doing an 8 offer site for an expensive car seat and wanted to know if others throught this was a good deal. I told her that it would be far wiser to do a Nui Tech site that offered $1000 for 10 offers. Then she could afford to buy the same car seat and have plenty of cash left over.

Also.. when you do these types of sites... you can view the offers first. Also start with the 3rd page and work your way forward. The 3rd page always has the most difficult and most costly offers.
#27 of 378 Old 11-06-2006, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Has anyone done the Share Builder offer on CashDuck?
I did this. It hasn't been credited yet. I'm not too worried as it said on Cashduck that it could take a few weeks. Before you sign up though... it's worth looking around for some promotion codes. I used one that, once I set up an automatic investment (which I can cancel in the future if I want), they'll credit me with $50. I think the service they offer sounds interesting too and might be handy for saving. If you're interested, PM me for the code I used and details. Not a referral or anything - I won't get any $$$.

Joanna
#28 of 378 Old 11-06-2006, 12:56 AM

Quote:
HA. I went to the last page of offers, and there were only 3 (of which I have to do two, right....) One is for a car loan, which I'd have to get approved and accept, and two are for direct tv/dish services, that I'd have to apply for and buy. What a load of crap. Now I know why I always ignored those in the mail......At least one of them is sending me a $20 gas card.....

I think I'll stick to the links you girls gave me, LOL
Ugh. When I was just starting with the GPT stuff I tried for a $1000 gas card without looking into it enough. I signed up for a couple of trials before getting the last page and finding that I'd have to buy a case of wine and a bunch of other stuff I wasn't prepared to shell out for. Could have got some decent money on one of the GPTs for the trials. I'd like to know other peoples experiences of these because I would be willing to try for a lesser prize. The $1000 requires a bit too much investment.

Joanna
#29 of 378 Old 11-06-2006, 01:01 AM

Quote:
This one has me a bit worried. I'm going to send it back tommorow (thanks for the tip - I didn't even know about media mail). I checked google after getting the (unexpectedly massive) parcel and found that a lot of people have had negative experiences with this company - erroneous charges, demands for payment years later etc. I try to keep all relevant information filed for all my trials but for this one particularly I would recommend that cancellation information, dates, RMA numbers, delivery confirmation is kept indefinitely. I might be over-reacting but better safe than sorry yk?

Joanna
#30 of 378 Old 11-06-2006, 01:07 AM

i'm with eclipse...i love cash duck, too. i haven't gotten paid yet but i'll post when i do. this was my first month doing gpt's and only did freebies (surveys), and i'm getting ready to start with some cheapie trials this coming month. november will be tough as we have lots of guests coming in for dd's birthday and holidays, but i'm hoping to just get a few done to see what trials are all about.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page