Childcare providers' tribe? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 733 Old 12-28-2006, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do any of you use any type of curriculum? I'd like to find something that follows the seasons and a more hands-on, natural type of learning.

I'm in the planning stages of starting a home day care and am just researching all of my options.
#62 of 733 Old 12-28-2006, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylizpat View Post
Do any of you use any type of curriculum? I'd like to find something that follows the seasons and a more hands-on, natural type of learning.

I'm in the planning stages of starting a home day care and am just researching all of my options.
I use Jolly Phonics for introduction to letters and early sight words. It is a British Program but I have purchased it here in Canada. Not sure about the U.S.. I have also bought stuff on ebay for the program. The kids LOVE it! Basically, it combines an action with a letter or word so there is a physiological component to remembering and learning. It is great!

goorganic.jpgsaynovax.gif Daycare Provider Who Strives To Encourage Children To Follow Their Innate

www.allnaturaldaycare.com
#63 of 733 Old 12-29-2006, 08:48 PM

I used to use mothergoose time. but wasnt that impressed with it. I would rather do one that was more nature based and followed the seasons too. Maybe we should make one up and make lots of money on it?

For those that make up their own curriculum, what are some fun things you are doing for winter months?
#64 of 733 Old 12-29-2006, 09:35 PM

we make it up as we go along. right now we are doing lots of glittery snowflake things, we talked about the return of the sun, and how thats important, etc. in the spring we will plant seeds in yogurt cups.
but really the kids i watch are 3 and under. so its more just play.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#65 of 733 Old 12-30-2006, 02:33 PM

I am a nanny to two little girls 17 mos & 3. Their families nanny-share me. I also watch an additional child, 2.5 about twice a week. I usually sling one or both the girls (the 3 year old usually walks) but have recently picked up an umbrella stroller. One of my girls is completely potty-trained and the 2.5 yo is almost. Willow, my 17 month old is just starting.

Happily soggy SAHM to Emerson Lily and Ellis Willow born 11.7.2012 slingtwin.gif  Exclusively breastfed, unvaccinated, cloth diapered, worn little girls who love watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!

#66 of 733 Old 12-30-2006, 03:16 PM

So happy to have found this tribe! I am an informal childcare provider by accident. It started when some friends of ours were dropped by their daycare and needed a new provider pronto! I'm a SAHM and they asked me if I would consider it and I said sure. My ds is 13 months old and their dd is 17 months; she's here for 10 hours/week.

My SIL had a baby in October and asked me to watch her for 3-4 full weekdays when she returns to work in 3 weeks. Again, I said sure. THEN dh's cousin, due this spring with twins, asked me to watch HER babies 3 days/week when SHE returns to work in fall. I haven't made my decision yet but am leaning toward saying yes. If I do, by the end of 2007 I will have two 3 month olds, a 1 year old, and two 2 year olds (including my ds--he'd be one of the 2 year olds). Is that crazy? It would be staggered, though, so Monday through Wednesday I would have a 2 year old, a 1 year old, and the twins; Thursday AM my 2 year old and the 1 year old; Thursday PMs two 2 year olds and the 1 year old, and Fridays two 2 year olds and a 1 year old. What do you all think--is this doable, or should I stick with our friend's daughter and my niece and decline watching the twins? So much to think about!!

Those of you who watch little ones--what do you do for naptimes? What kind of sleeping arrangements do you have? This is what I am struggling to set up right now, enough rooms and spots for everyone to take a nap.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#67 of 733 Old 12-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
Those of you who watch little ones--what do you do for naptimes? What kind of sleeping arrangements do you have? This is what I am struggling to set up right now, enough rooms and spots for everyone to take a nap.
I only have the one other little guy, he's about 15 mos and my own daughter is 22 mos, so sleeping arrangements were not all that difficult to sort out. I had intended to put the little man in the pack 'n play and just keep sleeping my daughter in her own toddler bed. However, I quickly discovered that while getting him to sleep is not usually a problem, transferring him to the bed was. Then we discovered that he seemed to draw comfort from sitting in Grace's little rocking chair (we have this one from Fisher Price) and seemed to sleep very well in there, so that's his sleep spot. It worked so well here that his parents went out and bought one for home to get him to nap there too!
#68 of 733 Old 12-30-2006, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesley&grace View Post
I only have the one other little guy, he's about 15 mos and my own daughter is 22 mos, so sleeping arrangements were not all that difficult to sort out. I had intended to put the little man in the pack 'n play and just keep sleeping my daughter in her own toddler bed. However, I quickly discovered that while getting him to sleep is not usually a problem, transferring him to the bed was. Then we discovered that he seemed to draw comfort from sitting in Grace's little rocking chair (we have this one from Fisher Price) and seemed to sleep very well in there, so that's his sleep spot. It worked so well here that his parents went out and bought one for home to get him to nap there too!
We have the same rocker! Worked great when my guy was a wee one but now that he's a big boy (13 months!) his legs hang off and it isn't as comfy. I am thinking of using the rocking bouncy for my niece when she starts coming here in 3 weeks--she'll be 3 months old. My ds is a really poor sleeper so I have tried so many different things and I have the following at my disposal:

1. Crib
2. Family Bed
3. Twin mattress, on floor
3. Rocking Bouncy Seat
4. Playpen
5. Rocking Bassinet

I am thinking of getting this Jenny Lind rocking cradle I saw at Target.com--it's for ages 0-2 years and up to 50 lbs, for only $60. Right now the arrangement is that 18 month old girl sleeps in playpen in playroom, ds sleeps on family bed upstairs in bedroom. When my niece starts coming I think I may move 18mo and playpen into the office, leave ds sleeping in the FB upstairs, and maybe get the cradle to put in the playroom for 3mo niece? Or move the crib down into the playroom for her (although that would be crowded.) I don't know! Then again, maybe it would be better to have 3mo in the office since she'll be sleeping more often than everyone else and that way she wouldn't hog the playroom. And if the twins come? Who knows what I will do then!!

#69 of 733 Old 01-01-2007, 05:36 PM

Regarding naptimes: It is not an option at my house. You MUST lay down. If you dont sleep, well, I cant make them sleep, but for my sanity, they take one nap a day... and they all nap at the same time. I have 2 that sleep GREAT, they sleep on baby crib mattresses on the floor in my play room (its downstairs, I have a video monitor I can watch them on) I have 2 that sleep in cribs, one in each bedroom (they are port-a-cribs that I fold up at the edn of the day) and one that sleep on the couch in our family room. They are all spread out, but it works. If anyone wakes up early, or doesnt sleep I bring them to the family room and : let them watch TV. This is the only time the kids have tv time at my house, we dont even have a tv in the play room. MY ds sleep on a pallet on the floor in whatever room I happen to be in. I highly suggest buying a monitor, it makes naptime a LOT easier because you can space them out on different levels of the house and still see them.
#70 of 733 Old 01-01-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddysMama View Post
ok. so DD came down with a bad case of pink eye Thursday(my day off) night. i was supposed to watch all three day care kids on Friday, but by 11 pm i KNEW DD needed to be isolated from them AND go to the Drs in the morning. so i called the parents and asked them to keep their kids home, or take them to a backup. i didnt want their kids getting sick as well. pinkeye SUCKS, especially the oozing kind.
well now i feel really guilty cause one of the parents might get fired if she misses anymore work.
as an in home care provider i cant forcast when myself or DD will be SO sick/injusred, etc that i cant watch the other kids.
and i know its the parents responsibility to have a back up care provider. and not mine.
but i feel REALLY badly that my kids eye infection might hurt this womans job.
i am thinking of writing up a contract. in it just going over pricing details, my illness rules, for their kids, and my kid/self etc. anyone have a rough sketch of one to maybe follow?

I can say that, in over 2 years of doing business, I have NEVER cancelled daycare because of an illness. I think, it it unprofessional to do so. Parents rely on you to be there every day to take care of their kids. Now, this is not saying that I havent been sick or my ds hasnt been sick. Here is how I handle things:

I have 3 substitutes. If I am unable to work due to my OWN illness I provide a sub for myself. This has only happended once.

Once, we all had the vomitting bug and I had it too... I called the parents and told them I was sick, if they wanted to bring their kids, they could, but it was up to them as their kids would most likely get sick as well. I had 2 kids show up that day that were ALSO sick... it was a FUN day.

If my ds is sick... I again let the parents know, but do not cancel daycare. I have called my mother to come and care for my ds while I work. But mostly, I figure it comes with the business and as a licensed provider, I have resposibilities to keep...even if that means I work when I am sick or my ds. I think if the parents know the risks, then they can decide how to handle it.

I do however, send sick kids home if the fever is over 102 or for vomitting/diarreah at my discretion. I figure if we've all already got it, then... it not that big of a deal.
#71 of 733 Old 01-01-2007, 09:10 PM

Hello,
I have been loving reading this tribe.

Right now I work at a preschool, we are open mornings, 4 days a week, school year schedule, but I average 32 hours a week. (Though it is nice to have summers off.) I have worked there for 9 years taking a year off when I had my dd. She is now 2.5. I am pregnant again, due in August and this time I do not plan on returning to the school, but instead will take care of a few children in my house. I would love to only do it part time, maybe 20 hours a week at most.

My biggest question is how do you balance attachment parenting a baby and a 2.5 year old and take care of other children on a regular basis. With my dd, she was in arms all the time and breastfed on demand. I would love to know how to do this, I know I am going to already have to balance the needs of my own two kids, just curious how others do it.
Thanks! Aimee
#72 of 733 Old 01-01-2007, 09:15 PM

sub

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#73 of 733 Old 01-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellini'smama View Post
Hello,
I have been loving reading this tribe.

Right now I work at a preschool, we are open mornings, 4 days a week, school year schedule, but I average 32 hours a week. (Though it is nice to have summers off.) I have worked there for 9 years taking a year off when I had my dd. She is now 2.5. I am pregnant again, due in August and this time I do not plan on returning to the school, but instead will take care of a few children in my house. I would love to only do it part time, maybe 20 hours a week at most.

My biggest question is how do you balance attachment parenting a baby and a 2.5 year old and take care of other children on a regular basis. With my dd, she was in arms all the time and breastfed on demand. I would love to know how to do this, I know I am going to already have to balance the needs of my own two kids, just curious how others do it.
Thanks! Aimee
When I started to taking care of the little man, Grace was about 14 mos old, and breastfed on demand. I was straight forward with the parents I interviewed about the breastfeeding, I did not want them to be suprised by it later, in a manner that let them know that it will not stop because their child is at my home.
Your new baby may not be the type to want to be up in arms all the time, and I found that being home I was easily able to continue parenting Grace the way I was while caring for another child. I also made sure to treat the little man similarly (not bfin though, ) so that he has the benefit of the nuturing that Grace as getting as well.
If you new baby is a child who wants to be up, I'd invest in a sling and/or mei tai (if you don't already) and that way you can have new baby close while also having your hands free. I am not sure what your financial situation is, but if possible I'd try to wait until new baby is a bit older before taking in oither children. Not sure where you are either, but since I'm in Canada I was able to take advantage of a full year's maternity leave before I had to worry about income.
Another thing I would probably do is make sure you take your kiddies to a playgroup so new baby gets used to having other kids around you.
I hope these suggestions help.
BTW, how far along are you? I am 24 weeks with my second baby....and I am exhausted from chasing my toddler, the little man and my 7 year old dss!
#74 of 733 Old 01-01-2007, 10:46 PM

I had already started my business before I got pregnant. I went back to wrok when my ds was 5 weeks. old. I wasnt ready, but the bills were adding up... so, I did it. I have a sling and a mei tai and I wore/wear him for most of the day. Now he is starting to really like floor time, so its a bit easier, but prior to that I just wore him all day. My back took the brunt though!!! All my daycare kids are 18 months and over, so it was a bit easier than having another babe.... Good luck.. you can do it!!
#75 of 733 Old 01-03-2007, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I am a nanny as well. I have two children of my own and watch a 22 month old full-time during the week. I am not state licensed for childcare in my home but I am certified by the state to take childcare assistance. Since my older daughter was born 6 years ago I've been watching children in some form or another for money and think it's the best possible way to earn a living. Always lots of work but so rewarding and it givs me the chance to stay home wth my kids and still pay the bills.

Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#76 of 733 Old 01-03-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:

I am fortunate to have a room in my home that is just for daycare. Actually, it was my garage but hubby built it out and it looks great and is right off of my main living area. So, at night I can just close the door and walk away from work and all the while my home is still intact and tidy!

Anyway, any child 2 yrs and over sleeps on daycare mats in my daycare room. Any child under this age sleeps in playpens in a bedroom upstairs - usually my room.

I plan to move to a bigger home soon so I will have a spare bedroom where the kids can sleep in their playpens so we aren't always having one in our room.

goorganic.jpgsaynovax.gif Daycare Provider Who Strives To Encourage Children To Follow Their Innate

www.allnaturaldaycare.com
#77 of 733 Old 01-03-2007, 03:38 PM

I am a nanny of sorts. I provide childcare in my home (sometimes at their home) for one family at a time. Basically it is just private childcare. I prefer to care for the children in my home as things just run smoother and if all the kids are napping at the same time I can actually get something done.

Right now I am caring for a 2 1/2 year old girl, a 4 month old little girl and my own daughter who is 24 months.
#78 of 733 Old 01-04-2007, 01:25 PM

Hi everyone!! Glad I found this thread. Well, after working out of the home for the last 8 months, I've decided I'm going to start a home daycare instead. I'm starting out pretty slow, although I have three families coming by in the next few days. I already have two of my own at home (14 month old and almost 3 year old) plus another on the way, so....

Being pregnant, I wonder if that would be a turn off to most people? Once I get a couple children my SIL is gonna be coming in as an assistant, so that I have the time to get licensed, go to doctor appts, etc. So I'm thinking, once the baby comes, I won't really have to take any time off since I'll have help from my SIL, although I may want to get someone temporarily to fill my shoes for a couple weeks. What do you guys think?

I'm finding it hard to have everything I need! I never used a crib so I sold it pretty fast, no playpen, no mats. We have an extra double bed nobody uses but I wonder if parents would think that's odd. Oh well, I guess we will see!

Nice to see there's others out there. I wish we could do a frequent thread? I've been trying to find a forum out there for child care providers but they scare the crap out of me - the reason I feared putting my kids in daycare, KWIM?
#79 of 733 Old 01-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keja View Post

Being pregnant, I wonder if that would be a turn off to most people? Once I get a couple children my SIL is gonna be coming in as an assistant, so that I have the time to get licensed, go to doctor appts, etc. So I'm thinking, once the baby comes, I won't really have to take any time off since I'll have help from my SIL, although I may want to get someone temporarily to fill my shoes for a couple weeks. What do you guys think?
I am expecting in April as well, and I actually turned down two families in the fall because I did not want to take on too much, since my hands were already full with my toddler plus the toddler I take care of and my 7 year old. I also had someone who was looking for immediate care (she caught her care provider smoking while in charge of her child), she was going to bring her son here but since I would be taking time off with my baby she did not want to have to transition him a second time. Since you are planning to have help and also are thinking of taking time off with a subsitute, I cannot see people taking too much issue with that. Just be up front with them. And being totally upfront with families about what you will provide and what they can expect will help weed out families that would not fit with you anyway.
Good luck!
#80 of 733 Old 01-04-2007, 04:43 PM

I was a daycare provider in a center until this fall when I took a two yr leave. I keep wondering if I should run my own family daycare but licensing in NY seems like so much work. I know most of the regulations and everything but it still seems like alot.

I think you could use yoga mats or something similiar for resting mats.

I know my state requires that babies be in the same room as you or if not they need to be near by and have parents sign a form allowing the provider to use a monitor.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#81 of 733 Old 01-04-2007, 06:03 PM

Thanks for the insight Lesley. I just hope I can realistically find a sub!

Getting licensed in my state is really easy, it seems. I haven't seen any rules about babies not sleeping in other rooms. I know all the daycares I checked out when I was working out of home seemed to have a seperate area for babies. Interesting!

I can't wait until I meet some of the parents and children tomorrow!
#82 of 733 Old 01-04-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keja View Post
Thanks for the insight Lesley. I just hope I can realistically find a sub!

Getting licensed in my state is really easy, it seems. I haven't seen any rules about babies not sleeping in other rooms. I know all the daycares I checked out when I was working out of home seemed to have a seperate area for babies. Interesting!

I can't wait until I meet some of the parents and children tomorrow!
Not as easy as you think, and we have some majorly PIA regs too. Like we can't use bouncy seats, exersaucers or anthing like that. Swings are ok. If you have a fenced in yard you can allow school aged kids out alone as long as you can hear them and check on them frequently. This is helpful if you need to get the noisy big kids outside (during a school holiday) so they don't wake up the babies. I can see my whole backyard from my sliding glass door in the diningroom so I just open up the drapes and stay where I can see them. With the younger kids you have to bring them inside with you if you need to change a diaper or potty. That's good though because they can get into a lot of trouble in those 3min. They are going a little crazy with illness regs. For a while they were wanting us to report every communicalble illness to the health dept and licensing in triplicate...but they finally dropped that. It was only a reg for about a month. Pink Eye was a reportable illness. Can you imagine? Luckily our state is really easy when it comes to vaccines. If parents choose not to vax they just sign a form and you can accept them. Some licensors are ridiculous, others are more realistic. I had one licensor that wanted me to fill in a little 6 inch hole my son dug with a plastic shovel in some loose fill dirt in order to license me.....

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#83 of 733 Old 01-04-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondiapers View Post
Not as easy as you think, and we have some majorly PIA regs too. Like we can't use bouncy seats, exersaucers or anthing like that. Swings are ok. If you have a fenced in yard you can allow school aged kids out alone as long as you can hear them and check on them frequently. This is helpful if you need to get the noisy big kids outside (during a school holiday) so they don't wake up the babies. I can see my whole backyard from my sliding glass door in the diningroom so I just open up the drapes and stay where I can see them. With the younger kids you have to bring them inside with you if you need to change a diaper or potty. That's good though because they can get into a lot of trouble in those 3min. They are going a little crazy with illness regs. For a while they were wanting us to report every communicalble illness to the health dept and licensing in triplicate...but they finally dropped that. It was only a reg for about a month. Pink Eye was a reportable illness. Can you imagine? Luckily our state is really easy when it comes to vaccines. If parents choose not to vax they just sign a form and you can accept them. Some licensors are ridiculous, others are more realistic. I had one licensor that wanted me to fill in a little 6 inch hole my son dug with a plastic shovel in some loose fill dirt in order to license me.....
Can you not just bring a changing pad outside? Yeah, some of the things seem pretty silly, but at least workable. It sounds like some states are way wackier. I was surprised about the bouncy seat/exersaucer thing - is it a safety issue, I wonder?

I didn't even think about the licensors (is that a word? ) being difficult like that.

Are you guys part of the Yahoo group for AP childcare, by the way? It's totally dead but someone else mentioned reviving it in another thread, and I think that's a good idea!
#84 of 733 Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 PM

I don't know about the changing table. Our center was going through a trial run of accreditation and they got called on "not washing hands while outside." The teacher only used hand sanitizer...do you think she was going to walk back in becuase she wiped a runny nose? no...she used hand sanitizer. So I can only imagine how upset they would get about not washing hands after a diaper change. I sometimes don't have access to running water...whats wrong with hand sanitizer?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#85 of 733 Old 01-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I don't know about the changing table. Our center was going through a trial run of accreditation and they got called on "not washing hands while outside." The teacher only used hand sanitizer...do you think she was going to walk back in becuase she wiped a runny nose? no...she used hand sanitizer. So I can only imagine how upset they would get about not washing hands after a diaper change. I sometimes don't have access to running water...whats wrong with hand sanitizer?
There are a lot of things wrong with hand sanitizer, but the main thing being that it gives you a false sense of security. Basically unless you are using a hospital-grade sanitizer, you're not getting rid of the bad bacteria, just the goods stuff on your hands that are there to protect you. My husband is a 4th year nursing student and also works in the kitchens of the local children's hospital and they have been told over and over and over that the stuff you get at the drugstore, like purell, is garbage. You want clean hands...you need soap and hot water.
Besides, long time use of hand sanitizers is really bad for your skin. I can't use it at all because I have eczema on my hands and sanitizers burn like crazy.
#86 of 733 Old 01-05-2007, 10:55 AM

Luckily I have no plans on getting licensed and I'm only watching the babies of close friends and relatives. I don't know what is all involved in getting licensed but I have no desire to do so! I might not be watching the twins now after all--my SIL got really upset when she found out that dh's cousin had asked me to so now she'll probably end up watching them instead. So things may not be as hectic here after all, just one pt 17 month old and one pt 3 month old, plus my 13 month old. And the two girls won't overlap except for 3 hours on Thursday afternoon! Plus I will have Wednesdays alone with my ds which I think is nice for him.

I fixed up the sleeping arrangements, too. Ds can sleep upstairs in the family bed, dn(3 mo) can sleep in the office in a crib, and our friend's 17 mo old can sleep in the playpen in the playroom. I don't like them to sleep in the same room because they wake each other up!

Now, a question for those watching toddlers and babies. Ds is my only child so I have no experience with this. I did not use any containment devices (swing, exersaucer, etc.) when he was a babe but I have been thinking of picking up a swing for my niece. What do you do with the baby when you are rocking or nursing your toddler? Of course I can use a sling for my niece when I am preparing lunch for the older children but nursing/rocking for naptime has me stumped.

#87 of 733 Old 01-05-2007, 11:43 AM

Lesley&Grace- Thanks for the information. At home I do not use hand sanitizer but at work it was a requirement if we couldn't get to water and soap.

#88 of 733 Old 01-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Now, a question for those watching toddlers and babies. Ds is my only child so I have no experience with this. I did not use any containment devices (swing, exersaucer, etc.) when he was a babe but I have been thinking of picking up a swing for my niece. What do you do with the baby when you are rocking or nursing your toddler? Of course I can use a sling for my niece when I am preparing lunch for the older children but nursing/rocking for naptime has me stumped.

I would probably go with one of these Fisher Price rockers...here is the product info link: http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...=bgb&pid=31327

I got mine as a baby shower present, and it was great in our old apartment because I did not want her laying on our floor since it was hard tile over concrete and always cold, so I could have her in it while I got stuff done (this was before someone told me about slings!), and now little man sleeps in it and Grace will sometimes sit in it to watch TV or "read". It's a great little rig and very versatile so you'll get more use and longer use out of it, whereas a swing takes up a lot of room and can only be used for one purpose and is quickly outgrown, and many babies don't like them. This chair also has the toy bar which has removable toys (so you can hook up other stuff too) for entertainment. Hope that helps!
Lesley
#89 of 733 Old 01-05-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesley&grace View Post
I would probably go with one of these Fisher Price rockers...here is the product info link: http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...=bgb&pid=31327

Lesley
Oh, I forgot! I have one of those : It's in the attic! I got it for my baby shower too and used it when ds was small for his naps. I will have to pull it out! I bet I threw the toy bar out, though.

#90 of 733 Old 01-05-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I know my state requires that babies be in the same room as you or if not they need to be near by and have parents sign a form allowing the provider to use a monitor.
Wow, that would be hard to do, I'd think they'd never nap!!! our state just says the have to be in a room with two fire exits that is "baby proof." SOme of my kids sleep on a different level of the house!! I do use a video monitor though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page