Forum Jump: 

#181 of 733 Old 01-31-2007, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissabb View Post
I live in Ontario, Canada.

Most home daycare providers are NOT licensed here. Why? The government has a stupid set up for this kind of thing. Basically, to be registered you must work for an agency. This means that someone owns a daycare agency and 'hires' home providers. Then the agency provides the kids and collects all the money etc. So, as a provider all you have to do is be at home and care for the kids and you get a pay cheque. Sound wonderful? It isn't really!

First, in my experience, the provider is usually the one who ends up finding parents and then directs them to the agency. If you leave the agency you have to give up all your kids as there is a non-compete clause in their contract that both the provider and the parents sign. And, lastly, the agency charges the parents (in my area) $35 a day but the provider only gets $22 a day! Of course, the provider is still required to pay for all the food,k craft supplies etc. Some agencies have some bare essential equipment you can borrow.

Unfortunately, as you can see, being licensed has huge drawbacks here. If I were with an agency I could not survive financially. There is a big difference. For me being on my own and unlicensed is a difference of $65 a day!!!

So, you can see that sometimes being unlicensed is not always about someones lack of desire but rather something that is virtually impossible in a practical sense.
OMG. Thats awful. I cant believe its set up that way. No, I would be liscenced there either.

Yesterday my sil came to pick up her dd (I watch her 2.5 days a week, she's my only part time kid) and we got to talking. She asked me if I ever "wanted to go back to work" :

*start rant*

I was like, what do you think I do all day? I have a playroom for the kids. We are in it ALL.DAY.LONG. We come to the kitchen for lunch. I do "go to work" I just don't have to drive to get there!!! I dare all these people who think doing home daycare is a walk in the park to trade me jobs for a week. If they can CALMLY make it through the constant bickering of two year olds, the crying of an over tired baby, make lunch for 6 kids, get all 6 kids down for a nap, get all 6 kids outside to play with hats and gloves, Read books, sing songs, plan a "project" and clean up after said project do everything in their power to keep all 6 kids behaving rationally AND happy WITHOUT losing their cool...then they can tell me how easy my job is.

*end rant*
#182 of 733 Old 01-31-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtosimon View Post
OMG. Thats awful. I cant believe its set up that way. No, I would be liscenced there either.

Yesterday my sil came to pick up her dd (I watch her 2.5 days a week, she's my only part time kid) and we got to talking. She asked me if I ever "wanted to go back to work" :

*start rant*

I was like, what do you think I do all day? I have a playroom for the kids. We are in it ALL.DAY.LONG. We come to the kitchen for lunch. I do "go to work" I just don't have to drive to get there!!! I dare all these people who think doing home daycare is a walk in the park to trade me jobs for a week. If they can CALMLY make it through the constant bickering of two year olds, the crying of an over tired baby, make lunch for 6 kids, get all 6 kids down for a nap, get all 6 kids outside to play with hats and gloves, Read books, sing songs, plan a "project" and clean up after said project do everything in their power to keep all 6 kids behaving rationally AND happy WITHOUT losing their cool...then they can tell me how easy my job is.

*end rant*

So, so TRUE!!!!

Yep, we do WORK all day. The only difference is that we commute to our coffee pots. I'm not complaining about that!

My hubby is always joking. Every morning he says, "So, what are you doing all day today?". He knows better than to be serious with that one

goorganic.jpgsaynovax.gif Daycare Provider Who Strives To Encourage Children To Follow Their Innate

www.allnaturaldaycare.com
#183 of 733 Old 01-31-2007, 07:10 PM

Anyone interested in a weekly thread? Talk about what we're up to that week, activities planned, etc? I'm so tired of trying to become involved in various daycare provider boards and all the judging of parents who co-sleep, are AP, hold their kids all the time, are "too attached" etc :

I can't scroll back now but someone posted how they aren't a preschool, they're a home, and although they have a schedule they don't really have a curriculum. I've been really struggling with this. I envisioned home daycare just as a home - some days we want to do crafts, some days we'll bake cookies and watch a movie, some days we'll go to the park and have a picnic. Learn through exploring and playing, etc etc. But around here it's all about the preschool curriculum, being setup like a preschool and a very tight schedule of day to day activities. That's fine but I don't think that's what I want to do...

Ugh! I hate indecision
#184 of 733 Old 01-31-2007, 07:22 PM

we are NOT doing schooling. with DD we plan on homescholing with a very unschooled approach, so why would it be different with any kid/s i watch? we learn and grow by being and doing. they are constantly learning things and expanding their mind just be BEING. doing things, talking about the leaves on the ground, the squirrels and why they are digging up the nuts they planted before the frost, what measuring is, and why we have to do it to make our cookies turn out yummy instead of yucky. etc. all of this is learning, no need for a curriculum or schedule.

my dilema is... i am currently only watching ONE child other than my own DD. i could really use the extra money, especially because we want to buy a van soon. however, i would want a 2-4 year old. i am one of the unregistered unliscensed, not planning on being either any time soon in home care givers.
also. i am due at the end of July/beginning of August. i have already told the one lil girls mama i plan on working as long as i can, to at least mid june, if not longer, depending on how i feel. and i am still unsure about when i would be able to go back to work. i cant really plan on when i will birth, and just how much its going to take out of me being a BFAR mama with a newborn, and a (then) 3 y.o of my own. i am hoping to be back working by september, but to be honest i dont think thats going to be enough time off for everyone to adjust well enough for the lil girl i watch to come back, when we will then have to re-adjust.

and i dont know many people that have only one toddler they need watched full time, thats AP, and wouldnt mind having me as a care provider for only a few months... agggggg.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#185 of 733 Old 01-31-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keja View Post
I can't scroll back now but someone posted how they aren't a preschool, they're a home, and although they have a schedule they don't really have a curriculum. I've been really struggling with this. I envisioned home daycare just as a home - some days we want to do crafts, some days we'll bake cookies and watch a movie, some days we'll go to the park and have a picnic. Learn through exploring and playing, etc etc. But around here it's all about the preschool curriculum, being setup like a preschool and a very tight schedule of day to day activities. That's fine but I don't think that's what I want to do...

Ugh! I hate indecision

That was me who posted about not being a school and not having a curriculum. My thoughts are two fold. First, I honestly believe we put way too much worry and concern into formal learning at this age. As you say, daily life provides plenty of opportunity for learning. My second reason is that i would suspect that if my dcparent wanted their kids to be formally taught all day long they would have them in a centre somewhere. I have no desire to be a teacher and I don't pretend to.

goorganic.jpgsaynovax.gif Daycare Provider Who Strives To Encourage Children To Follow Their Innate

www.allnaturaldaycare.com
#186 of 733 Old 01-31-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Anyone interested in a weekly thread? Talk about what we're up to that week, activities planned, etc? I'm so tired of trying to become involved in various daycare provider boards and all the judging of parents who co-sleep, are AP, hold their kids all the time, are "too attached" etc :
I would love a weekly thread, or even a monthly thread would work. that way if people join they dont have to dig through months worth of posts. I do a very loose curriculum, more like a theme that I base crafts and books off of. I would love to get ideas from others about activities they do with their kids
#187 of 733 Old 01-31-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Anyone interested in a weekly thread? Talk about what we're up to that week, activities planned, etc?
I am totally up for that. We should start a new one for Feb.
#188 of 733 Old 02-01-2007, 12:26 AM

addys - I took a full year off when I had my youngest (and did work right up until that last month! ). I needed the time to just enjoy my own brood, and not have to worry about waking up at a certain time, or having to put off the needs of an day care child, b/c my own infant needed me. It worked fine. That's a good situation for the parent of the day care child, because they have PLENTY of notice to find someone else You can also put out there, for them to keep your number and do call-in days, instead of something regular. Just to have a teensy bit of extra income! I basically needed my own baby to be on somewhat of a schedule (napping), so I could know what my days would be like

Keja - we also do an unstructured day. We ARE unschoolers, so it'd be silly to try a curriculum with the kids we watch. I'm very fortunate to live in such a crunchy town, where I can tell parents my exact approach with child-raising (unschooling, learning through living, continuum concept, etc.), and they WANT that for their kids

Also not liscensed. I don't believe there are any real benefits for that here, except that you can watch more kids (more than 2 that aren't related to you, which I don't want to do), and you get referrals from the county -which I don't need as I already have a long waitlist.

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#189 of 733 Old 02-01-2007, 11:26 AM

Here is a link to the Feb thread
#190 of 733 Old 02-21-2007, 08:30 PM

Hi all...I have a quick question for you. How do you handle it when you or one of your kids are sick (possibly contagious sp?). In my policy I state that I have a back up provider, which I do. The reality is, however, that while that works great for dr appt and planned time I need off it is not working at all for times when my kids or my self are sick. So I am tring to revise my policy but could really use some help/ideas. Right now I am just winging it and giving my clients the option to come or not if they choose not to then I will credit them a days tuition.

I hope this makes sense I am realy felling cruddy.
TIA

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#191 of 733 Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Banned

I do not have a back up provider, and if I am sick or my own kids are sick enough that I think it's best that little man not be here I call the parents and tell them that I will not be available. It's in my policy, and parents are not charged for days I take off. The family I work with has been really great about it (I think I've had to take 4 days since he started in August; 1 because I had an ultrasound and an ECG in one day, 1 because I was vomiting, 1 because my daughter was vomiting and 1 because I'd spent the night at children's emerg with my daughter due to a fever). They knew it coming into my home childcare arrangement.
I have thought about finding someone who could be a back up, but frankly there is no one I know of nearby who I would put my own kids with, and this family took a long time trying to find a situation they were happy with and I know they prefer to be home with little man if I am not available.
#192 of 733 Old 02-23-2007, 04:55 PM

I am lucky that I do have a back up provider. My mother is retired and lives close and she comes over to play 2 or 3 times a week anyway so the kids already know her. If it really came down to it, my dh would have to take the off and work for me, as I am definately the breadwinner. I also have a friend with a pretty flexible schedule that can sub for me in an emergency. I have never had to close or take unscheduled time off due to my sickness or my son's. I do let them know if I am sick, or my ds is, so they can avoid us, but so far, no one has ever taken that option. On the days that my ds is sick, my mother comes over and one of us stays upstairs with him to keep him away from the other kids. This has only happened once though.
#193 of 733 Old 02-27-2007, 03:33 PM

I wish I had a back-up provider! I always feel guilty when I take vacations.

I've been doing daycare for a few months, since the end of last year. Right now I have a 13 month old lil boy and a 2 1/2 year-old boy, plus my 20 month old son.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#194 of 733 Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 PM

#195 of 733 Old 03-02-2007, 10:07 AM

I don't have a back-up provider, and don't feel a bit bad about it! That's not my responsibility... the parents know what they are getting into (and hopefully you explain that to them when they start at your daycare). They know that I have kids also and stuff comes up (sickness, dentist appointments, vacations, etc.) They are not required to pay when I cannot watch their kids. If they are dependant on my services - most of my moms aren't, they are just stay-at-home moms that need a day off and use me just 1 or 2 days a week, but if they are dependant, they should have their own back-up provider. I'm also back-up provider for several families, though not for any other childcare providers.

To be fair, I don't ask them to pay when they have to cancel for the same reasons mentioned above. We just will credit for the next month if their child is sick, etc. It works out great for us.

Also, when I first interview prospective families, I make sure they are somewhat flexible, make sure they have their own back-up provider if necessary. If they aren't/don't, then I don't take them. Not worth my headache to deal with a parent who freaks out if my or their kids are sick and I won't watch any extras that day, KWIM?

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#196 of 733 Old 03-02-2007, 10:28 AM

The above is one reason a child-centered childcare would and is a better option for us.

I love the intimacy of in-home care, but it lacks the structure needed for my schedule.

It's also very cool that we have options available to us as parents!
#197 of 733 Old 03-02-2007, 11:09 AM

Dang this is a long thread! HA!

Okay, so I'm not a childcare provider, but I wanted to let you know the perspective of someone who has had their child (prefer) home care.

When my first child was 1 1/2 I had to go back to work outside the home for a while. She was with an older woman (we called her Grandma Charlene) and she kept 5 others. I think Texas allows for you to keep 3 non-related children in your home care without falling within the "restrictions" of a homecare provider.

Either way, when we started with her, it was understood that she would take off 1 1/2 week/year vacation. She would ALWAYS let us know about a month 1/2 ahead of time when it would be. I would line up sitters or take my vacation during that time. Sometimes I took off 1/2 the time and my dh took off the other 1/2. We worked it out b/c she was excellent and we understood she needed a break as much (if not more than) anyone else.
#198 of 733 Old 03-02-2007, 11:18 AM

And that sounds great for those who can choose their vacation times. We can't do that.

Oh and just recently there was a woman in our town who was shut down. She provided care at her home and had FIFTEEN children in her care (way above what the law allows) and she had unsupervised young children outside, with young ones inside watching TV. One of the parents who generally drops her child off and picks up late didn't see this amount of children but on the day she came early did and called CPS. This family along with 3 others ended up coming to our center. And this is the woman who is a friend of my MIL's and my MIL kept nagging me to take Kailey there- so glad my instincts said HECK NO.
#199 of 733 Old 03-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty Diva View Post
Oh and just recently there was a woman in our town who was shut down. She provided care at her home and had FIFTEEN children in her care (way above what the law allows) and she had unsupervised young children outside, with young ones inside watching TV. One of the parents who generally drops her child off and picks up late didn't see this amount of children but on the day she came early did and called CPS. This family along with 3 others ended up coming to our center. And this is the woman who is a friend of my MIL's and my MIL kept nagging me to take Kailey there- so glad my instincts said HECK NO.
Bolded the section I thought was the most important in this comment.

I cannot stress enough the importance of trusting your instincts and intuition when choosing a childcare provider, whether that is a daycare centre, a home-based childcare provider or your own mother...look into it, ask the questions and in the end GO WITH WHAT YOUR GUT SAYS. I have many many moms asking for advice on choosing a childcare situation and that is the first thing I tell them. Good for you Potty Diva!!

That also goes for home child care providers...go with your instincts when interviewing potential clients, even if they are family. Too many times I have heard someone say "You know, I thought there was something off about this situation, but I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt..." Just as an example my dear friend, against her better judgement, agreed to take care of her cousin's little one, and ended up in court over the last month's payments. Which also backs up my oft-repeated statement: HAVE A CONTRACT.

Jumping off my soapbox now
#200 of 733 Old 03-02-2007, 06:31 PM

Lesley~ sing it sista! I started to care for kids in my home a couple years ago and felt uneasy about a mama whose son's I would be watching. My policy was to pay on Friday for the following week, the second week she attended she said she couldn't get to the bank to cash her check, then the next there was another excuse. I couldn't lose any more money (still feeding, caring for, and doing arts and crafts with the child and losing money). So I told her I thought it was best for her to find other arrangements. I totally should have gone with my gut. I met two other women who had cared for her son and the same thing happened and one woman felt bad for her and what seemed like a run of bad luck and let her stay for TWO MONTHS without paying! OY!
#201 of 733 Old 03-15-2007, 09:52 PM

Haven't had time to write since -- oh, about January. I started caring for two babies in Jan. instead of one, and they have been keeping me busy. How are you all doing?
#202 of 733 Old 03-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Banned

I'm good, but I think I am going to be unsubbing from this thread...I am going "off" as of next week since I am only 5 or 6 weeks away from delivering. Little man's last day is tomorrow.

Good luck all of you! Hope this thread is still going strong when I return
#203 of 733 Old 03-15-2007, 11:33 PM

those little boys I said I was supposed to start watching. oh about 3 months ago... thats finally gonna start to happen... I've worked it out where dh will be with me mornings so that will be a big help... I know ds is gonna be jealous tho... does anyone have any "coping" skills??

yeah... thats my update

hows everyone else

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#204 of 733 Old 03-17-2007, 08:47 AM

Hello again!

Everything is going pretty well here. I'm full and have people on a waiting list. It's nice to have a better income.

A couple weeks ago one of the little girls who come to me fell off of some playground equipment and got hurt. It was really scary, but she ended up just getting the wound on her chin glued shut and she's nearly healed now. I was super paranoid for a while after that, but I think I'm getting over it. I guess it was just one of those things that happen. :

The only issue I have been unsure about lately is related to my own dd. She is nearly 20 months old. I just can't seem to get her sleep schedule worked out. She wakes up with me at around 7 am. Lately she has been avoiding going to sleep at naptime. She disturbs all the other kids, crying, refusing to lie down, etc. Even if I take her into our room alone she won't sleep. Since she is actually tired, however, she is grumpy and clingy all day. At least she goes to sleep early (7 pm) on the days when she doesn't nap. One day this past week she asked to nurse and quickly fell asleep in my arms at about 11 am (our usually nap time here is around 1 pm). Another day she did fall asleep at naptime. On those days, however, she wouldn't fall asleep at night until 9 pm or later. I think she still really needs a nap, but I just can't seem to get her to take one and still go to bed at a reasonable hour. I've been reading The No-Cry Sleep Solution just because I finally came up on the reserve waiting list for it at the library, but it does have some good ideas about bedtime routines, etc. Anyway, this is going pretty off topic, but it is just the back story of how my dd is my most challenging child these days. Most of the other kids just lie down and sleep (yea!) after our stories and sleep song.

She can also be pretty resistant to joining our circle time some days. I know she enjoys it, but I think she is purposely trying to see where my limits are with it. I hate to "force" any child to participate. I'd like it to be something each child chooses to do of her own volition. At the same time, I find that I cannot have circle time at all if some, or even one, of the children are doing their own thing. I have a small space and all the kids are young, so they are very easily and quickly distracted. I keep it very short, and anyone who is reluctant to join gets to sit in my lap. Any thoughts on requiring participation in circle time or other activities?

This coming week is my last week doing childcare before my 3-week vacation. The Passover holiday is coming up and I have a lot of prep to do for that, so I need to take the week off before. I know there is at least one other Jewish provider here (Yaelita); how much time, if any, are you taking off before Pesach? I'd love to provide care during this time, as I know the parents would love to have the time to do their own preparations, but I didn't want to stress myself out too much. I'll see how it goes giving myself a week.

I had one of the kids (a 10 month old boy) over night a couple weeks ago. It went really well and was well worth the extra money I made. I'm thinking of advertising this aspect of my service, although I do not want to cut into my family time too much. I'm full during the day, but I think an extra child overnight a couple times a month or so would be great. My kids think it's a sleepover and were thrilled. That particular boy is an excellent sleeper, however, so I'm not sure how it would be with other kids.
#205 of 733 Old 03-18-2007, 10:44 AM

Nice to hear from you guys.
BinahYeteirah, I don't have much advice on Passover prep for you. The thing is, I really take "vacation" whenever the parents are off. One mom works in a yeshiva, so she has the usual school vacation schedule, which means she is off a couple of days before Pesach. Another one is in college, so I don't know yet what her schedule will be, but I suspect that she will take as little time off as possible. THe truth is, with my 2.5 yr old and 1 yr old at home, I cannot do much cleaning or other prep too much in advance. So, the kids I watch don't make that much of a difference. I have a cleaning lady who comes on Sundays, so usually it's the last Sunday before Pesach that everything gets done, plus a couple of late nights for shopping and cooking.

Good luck, and happy Pesach!
#206 of 733 Old 03-18-2007, 11:11 AM

BY: Great you are full!! Congrats. No advice on the Pesach stuff because in Israel it's 3 weeks of paid vacation for the providers. If school is off they are off (usually) and the provider is paid the same.

About the 20 month old not napping. Don't feel like it's teh daycare. I'm not doing daycare now and Rivka has decided she doesn't need a nap some days : She DOES need the nap, but she won't take it. Last night she was up until 9 with no nap (thank you US for having late Shabbos in the middle of MARCH) and let's just say it was not fun. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone there

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#207 of 733 Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah View Post
Hello again!

She can also be pretty resistant to joining our circle time some days. I know she enjoys it, but I think she is purposely trying to see where my limits are with it. I hate to "force" any child to participate. I'd like it to be something each child chooses to do of her own volition. At the same time, I find that I cannot have circle time at all if some, or even one, of the children are doing their own thing. I have a small space and all the kids are young, so they are very easily and quickly distracted. I keep it very short, and anyone who is reluctant to join gets to sit in my lap. Any thoughts on requiring participation in circle time or other activities?
I don't require paticipation in circle time but I do limit what other activities can be done, I usualy allow looking at a book, doing a puzzle or even small cars or little people as long as it is quiet and does not disturb those who do want to participate. And then of course there are days we just skip it all together if it seems like they're not into it

HTH

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#208 of 733 Old 03-20-2007, 05:55 PM

Hi all! I have a one year old that started last week, so now I have: An 11 year old boy; a 10 year old boy (brothers); my 3 year old ds; a 20 month old girl; my 15 month old girl; and a 12 month old girl. I feel really sorry for my son! He is always the odd man out. He is excellent at amusing himself MOST of the time.....

Boy is it hard introducing a new baby to my home ! It was hard when
I worked in the infant room at my old daycare, but at least you had other adults to spell you. When I had five I had them all on a great schedule where I actually got a break before the older boys arrived from school. Now, I am on active duty all day, with no breaks because thenew little one has trouble nappingin my house. She is a great napper at her home, but she totally resists sleep at my house. She is also sleeping very lightly, so if one of the other children makes a noise she startles and is awake for the rest of the day after a 5 min nap: . I guess the other children didn't get the memo that said she needs complete silence to go to sleep or stay asleep . I feel like I am just hanging on by a thread, the weather has been very crappy, we have been trapped indoors, and I am burning the candle at both ends so I can catch up on housework and meal preparation. I recieved some wonderful compliments from the parents I work for, so I try to stay focused on those.
Also, I am becoming so organized! I love it! I am planning meals and activities, and my children are really benefitting. My husband has been really supportive, and helps me with all the meal prep and housework as well. So, I hope things will get easier, and eventually we will all get to a new normal. I don't think I will take another baby for a loooooong time.
#209 of 733 Old 03-24-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaelita View Post
The thing is, I really take "vacation" whenever the parents are off. One mom works in a yeshiva, so she has the usual school vacation schedule, which means she is off a couple of days before Pesach. Another one is in college, so I don't know yet what her schedule will be, but I suspect that she will take as little time off as possible. THe truth is, with my 2.5 yr old and 1 yr old at home, I cannot do much cleaning or other prep too much in advance. So, the kids I watch don't make that much of a difference. I have a cleaning lady who comes on Sundays, so usually it's the last Sunday before Pesach that everything gets done, plus a couple of late nights for shopping and cooking.

Good luck, and happy Pesach!
That sounds hard. I finished working before Shabbos this week, so I'm going to start cleaning my main room (living/dining/daycare room). We'll eat in the kitchen from now until I kasher it for Pesach. It's not an eat-in kitchen, but it will have to do. The kids (my own) just won't be able to leave the kitchen with food or dirty clothes. I haven't done my kids' room yet, either, but it will be easy to clean. I don't really keep anything in there, just a basket of stuffed animals, a chair, the bed, and a couple large toys (ride on toys and doll stroller). It will be a check-and-vacuum operation in there. Anyway, I'm rambling; I just can't imagine how stressed I'd feel if I had to do everything in a couple days. Our bedroom is already mostly done (I will vacuum it again).

Kasheren Frelichen Pesach to you, too!
#210 of 733 Old 03-24-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelEve14 View Post
BAbout the 20 month old not napping. Don't feel like it's teh daycare. I'm not doing daycare now and Rivka has decided she doesn't need a nap some days : She DOES need the nap, but she won't take it. Last night she was up until 9 with no nap (thank you US for having late Shabbos in the middle of MARCH) and let's just say it was not fun. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone there
Well, it's good to know I'm not alone. At least. I remember my older dd going through these types of phases as well, but it's not the lack of a nap that bothers me. I didn't really think it was the daycare causing the problem, just my reaction to it as it relates to the daycare. If I weren't doing childcare, I would probably just go with her moods and let her sleep when she will with no other expectations. I don't know, I just feel bad that my own child's behavior is detracting from the other kids' routines. That she is disturbing their naps, disrupting the story time, circle time, that she is whining and clinging in the afternoon when I'm trying to serve snack or set up a craft, etc. I suppose I have this expectation that she should be easier than the others because I'm her mommy and because she does this routine everyday, unlike most of the other kids who only come to my place 1-3 days per week. Oh well, right?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page