Childcare providers' tribe? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 733 Old 04-27-2007, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wish I could transport the kids. I have a minivan so I cuold have 5 kids in it, but with the car seats they just don't want to fit. The two oldest are in boosters, but highbacks (it's what I have), and I can't fit those in with 3 harnessed seats. I think I would feel okay about moving my DD into a backless booster - she's turning 6 next month - but day care kid is only 4 and honestly shouldn't be in a booster to begin with (although that's what he's in in mom's car so I put him in it at my house too) so I don't know how I feel about a backless booster for him.

Anyone know about the effectiveness of backless boosters vs. highback? Is a highback safer? If there is no real difference it may work.

Parks are super hard. My 12m-old wants to get down - he's not as content being worn or in the stroller anymore - but he needs almost constant supervision. So there is no way I can handle him plus the 18m-old who is the one who will take off. We did the playground thing once, and there were a few other moms there who helped me get the 18m-old up and down the slide. I can't trust him at all, so it makes it really hard.

I can let the older 3 play outside with me still in the house with the babies, so at least they can get out and play.

I don't know where I could take all 5 kids without making it a really difficult outing!

No way would I do a pool! I don't think I could do my own 3 at a pool much less day care kids! Wading pool in the backyard is going to be as good as that gets.

I really just think, like some of you mentioned, that these kids just may not be a match for us. The mom and I got into it about naps again this morning, and she showed up with breakfast that I had to cook for the kids - not what I want to be doing. Breakfast is not supposed to happen here (because of our crazy school schedules), but I told her she could bring something and I would see that the kids ate it. Well, she brought eggs and wanted me to scramble them - I know it's not hard work,but my kids had finished breaskfast and of course then wanted eggs too. And my baby wound up having to sit in the highchair for nearly 45 minnutes for me to cook, clean up and see that the others ate. She's not going to be happy, but I will not cook breakfast again!

I am giving this a little more time. I think the worst part of this is that they are here NOW but shouldn't be. I said i wasn't taking them until June, when school gets out. But we worked out something whree they come parttime. Not only do they not have a real routine because they are't here every day, but they also have mom's vastly different routine in between their days here. If there isn't a noted improvement when they start fulltime in June, I am looking for someone else.

I still have my part-time job (Saturdays) in case this really doesn't work out. And I do have a before/after school child coming in the fall too. But we're already used to the income this provides, so it would be hard getting rid of these kids without having someone else.

I'll keep trying..... Glad I can vent here!
#242 of 733 Old 04-27-2007, 03:12 PM

Sorry it is so rough 2spunkymonkies

You sound like a positive person and I can see the desire to make it good in your post

I ended up using backless boosters for my own kids back when I had a smaller car because we were so squashed. I think it would be okay and encourage short trips and or shortcuts so you can avoid traffic or rush hour. I would imagine a highback is safer just for the fact that it provides head and neck support.

If you can find a park that has a playground for littler ones that would be ideal. That way you can still stand on the ground and hold their hand while they slide and if they do fall it isn't to high. You could opt to skip the playground all together and take them to an open space to run. Take some toys, scarves, bubbles, balls ect. I have a little cheap fold up tent from Ikea that I take along so they can sit in the shade while were out in the middle of the grass if they get tired.

Water play doesnt have to be in a pool. You can fill tubs and just let them use cups, bowls ect too. We even play with a spraybottle and chase each other around so we are just wet enough to stay in our same clothes. Sprinklers are great for making them tired too.

You don't have to go anywhere just make it fun at home. You could check out some materials from the library and do themes. Have a pretend camping trip, a zoo with stuffed animals, a teddy bear picnic on a blanket, ect. The older kids like playing postoffice, grocery, chef, dance or aerobics people, a train conductor with a hole punch, ect.

You can actually ask businesses if they would donate supplies to help you have things to do. Just say you are in charge of child care operations and wonder if they have anything to donate. Some good finds I have are a retail display shelf for playing store that they were throwing away. Carpet samples, color placemats with crayons and cups for playing restaurant. Sun visors and sunscreen samples ect. Magazines for art projects too.The bookstore sometimes has left over project materials from events for kids. No one has ever asked me where, who, or why. My hubby sometimes brings us big appliance boxes to climb in and paint on.

I know playyards are not popular for MDC but I have one on our front porch and its holds a baby or 2 while we pic flowers or strawberries or wash my van. I think it is okay for a short amount of time (15 min) or so and you can take turns taking one kid out at a time to do the outdoor activity. My toddler waits and watches or looks at a book while he is in it. We are a corner house and I can't have them running in the yard with cars driving by our house.

The meal thing is just going to have to be what works for you. If she brings something and it is convenient great but if its a pain just give them something else and tell them you will try to see if you can use it later if there is time. Your just a person and not wonderwoman ; its okay to say NO. I usually smile and say sorry but no and I will try to see that we can do XYZ and it usually works.

Your not on that mamas schedule and its your house, kids, business so don't let her plan your day. You are so good hearted with everyones interest but, you do what you find is best for you. She probably knows she won't find anyone better than you.

You could even try using positive words when you are confronted with her request. Ex: I love eggs too and If we can't have them for breakfast MAYBE we can have an egg sandwich or and deviled egg for lunch! If you smile it and act excited it might be harder for her to have a reason to nag.

Hope it works!

UPdate on baby with swollen eye; she was fine and mom and dad were too. I am wearing baby in a mai tai and sling on and off during the day. Mom and dad want one too! They are really mainstream so its kinda cool.
#243 of 733 Old 04-29-2007, 07:23 AM

Hugs (((Two Spunky Monkeys))). It sounds rough. I had a bit of a rough week last week, too. It was my second week back after my two week vacation and I think I just need to get back into things. Plus I had a cold and baby had it, too. A couple of the dcks also had runny noses, so we were all a bit whiney.

Anyway, here is our daily schedule.

8:00 – 9:30 ~ Arrival/Breakfast/Morning Tea/Free Play
9:30 ~ Walk to Park
9:45 – 10:45 ~ Outdoor Play
11:00 ~ Return Home
11:00 - 11:45 ~ Toilet/Nappies/Washing Up/Lunch Prep/Free Play
11:45 ~ Davening and Circle Time
12:00 ~ Lunch
12:45 ~ Story Time
1:00 - 3:00 ~ Rest/Quiet Time
3:00 – 3:30 ~ Toilet/Nappies/Washing Up/Free Play
3:30 ~ Afternoon Tea
4:00 - 5:30 ~ Free Play/Art and Craft/Clean Up/Departure
#244 of 733 Old 04-30-2007, 07:04 PM

So, does anyone partner with another mama to provide childcare?

I'm in school and so cannot provide full-time care on my own; she has a small apartment and so similarly cannot really do in-home care. Together we can each work 3/4 time and make a bit more money.

Right now I'm watching one infant 3 days a week in addition to my DD and the thought of adding another child when it's just me has me : but it seems another adult makes those little crises and busy moments so much easier to manage.

So, does anyone do this? Any words of wisdom?
#245 of 733 Old 05-03-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie-dyed View Post
So, does anyone partner with another mama to provide childcare?

I'm in school and so cannot provide full-time care on my own; she has a small apartment and so similarly cannot really do in-home care. Together we can each work 3/4 time and make a bit more money.

Right now I'm watching one infant 3 days a week in addition to my DD and the thought of adding another child when it's just me has me : but it seems another adult makes those little crises and busy moments so much easier to manage.

So, does anyone do this? Any words of wisdom?
Well if you can do this I think it could work out. In my opinion with girls esp another child could actually be helpful if they are the right age. I think it would be hard to stay inside a small apartment for long though so some outings would help. I think if I were in school I would loathe the idea of more kids to juggle.
#246 of 733 Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 AM

Hi daycare mamas - thanks for all the info on your schedules that you shared. Nice to see simple schedules, but something that does keep the day moving along.

Here's an update on my situation... The 2 boys I currently have are still hre part-time (3 days) but it's planned that they will come full-time in just 2 weeks. I am not sure how I feel about this - the younger one continues to be an issue for me, as does the mom. The mom did mention that she wants to try to go p/t at her job - which means they would continue their p/t schedule here.

*naking*

in the meantime, i got an email from the mom of the school-age girl i am supposed to watch starting this fall - she would like to start this summer instead. this is a 6.5-yr-old girl who i already know (she's in my daisy troop) and i knowc she's a good kid. mom's a single mom on a budget though and she said she can't afford my f/t rate. she had no issue with my rates p/t (before/after school) but said it's too much for her for f/t.

I have been charging $130/week for f/t - that includes meals. I offered f/t care to this mom for $120/week (meals included) because she's an older girl and not a toddler. The mom asked if I could reduce the rate if she provided all meals, snacks and drinks for her daughter.

What do you guys think of this? I think she wants me to come down to $100/week - which is like giving her a free day. I am torn - I want to help her out, but I don't want to take a major pay-cut for it either. But, I also don't know what will happen with these other boys (if they will be f/t, p/t, or just leave).

Having this little girl here would make MY DD very happy because they are friends from school and she'd have a girl to play with (right now there are 4 other boys here!).

I don't budget meals or anything - what would be a typical reduction in price to eliminate the provided meals/snacks? If I take her at $100/week, then when she starts p/t she'll be paying $50/week fr just the few hours of before/after school care that she gets - and I am not going to reduce my rate for p/t (i'll make that clear to the mom).

What would you do?

Oh - and tye-dyed, I think it sounds like a great solution for you and the ohter mama to team-up. My mom does care too, and I almost wish I would have talked to her about just coming to her house and taking kid son there - then there would be two of us and we could do bus stop runs and pick ups without dragging all the kids out.
#247 of 733 Old 05-08-2007, 07:26 AM

Re: the 6.5 yo girl

I *might* charge less if I really liked the girl and her mom and felt that they would be pleasant to work with over time. I don't think it will really save you much money to have the girl bring her own food, and in some ways it creates hassle for you. Assuming you are already preparing/providing food for the other children, one less serving will make little difference in the quantity of food required and it won't save you work. All the kids I watch bring their own food, but that is mainly because of the way the fee schedule is set up with my employers (I work for the city and they charge a fee for each meal provided and most people prefer to provide very basic lunches at a lower cost). Since everyone brings food, that means I don't have to stress about menus and cooking for everyone. That's nice, but if you are already cooking anyway, it makes no difference. I do notice that my own kids are less enthused with their own healthy food I serve when the daycare children bring bags of white flour crackers, pretzels, and the like. It's a bit annoying, so that's something to consider, too.

~

I have had a not so great day today. I have just been feeling stressed out over the past couple days, and on top of that a couple things happened that left me feeling really lame. First, one of the little girls I watch was picked up today around 2 pm. Her mother arrived earlier than usual. Right before she got there, I was thinking, "Oh, I'm going to change her diaper in 5 minutes before she gets picked up." Well, mom arrives and starts checking her dd's diaper. She always checks it when she gets there. I change the kids regularly, but I try not to do it too often, because I have had parents complain that I was using too many diapers. The mom always acts like the diaper needs to be changed, even if it was just changed an hour ago. I'm fine with that, so I just try to change her before she picks up so Mom doesn't have to do it when she gets there. So today when she checked her diaper, it was poopy. I guess she had just gone, because I didn't smell it. I already have a complex because the mom is always checking the diaper at pick up, so now I felt bad like the mom must think I don't change her or something, and now she has "proof" since she had a poopy diaper at pick up. Anyway, I know that's a little silly, but I just hope the mom knows I do change her regularly.

Second thing: I watch a little boy who will be 3 in a few days. He and my daughter love to play together. Sometimes they get a little over exuberant, but it's all in good fun. Today the little boy's grandmother came to pick him up and he and my daughter were standing next to us while Grandma signed him out. So the little boy jumped on my daughter giving her a big hug. He knocked her down and she fell and hurt her lip a little (you know, when you can see a tiny bit of blood, over in a minute or so type of thing). Grandma and I said something like, "Oh, be careful," or something, comforted my daughter, and that was that. Later in the evening (about an hour ago), his mother called me and said that his front teeth are chipped and asks if I saw him fall. His grandmother had told her about the incident with my daughter. I said that I don't think his face hit the ground when he tackled my daughter, and that I couldn't think of any other time when he fell. Now this kid is what I describe as stoic; he never cries. Never. It is possible he fell at some point during the day, although I would think that I would have noticed his teeth if it happened earlier in the day. It is also possible it happened when he jumped on my daughter. I just don't know. I feel so crappy because I don't know when it happened and I feel it is my fault. I feel I supervise the kids well, although I do not stand over them every moment. I have a small place, so I can hear what is going on all the time and see them even when I have to go in the kitchen, for example. The parents usually think I'm overzealous with my injury reporting, since I write down every little thing, such as a child falling down while walking with the stroller or a child getting bumped by another child with a toy.

Anyway, I have to go, but I'm feeling lame right now.
#248 of 733 Old 05-08-2007, 12:52 PM

Binah Yeteirah Your only human and sound like you do above and beyond great. Sorry for a blech day.

I just wanted to ask if anyone does any extra activities during the summer?

I try to do all the free stuff; library, water pad at different parks, free movie or recreation bible school stuff. I have all but one of the kids signed up for swim lessons for the summer.

My stepdaughters want to do guitar, jewelry making, and scrapbook classes this summer. Classes are expensive and they will probably only do one. They are older so they don't enjoy the free activities as much anymore.

#249 of 733 Old 05-10-2007, 11:16 PM

i have a child in my group who hardly ever wants to eat lunch, except for the fruit, and is constantly asking for juice and crackers. at first i would give her the crackers and juice because i wanted her to eat and drink. now i have started implementing a new strategy where i give her everything but the fruit for lunch, and only give her h20. if she eats the lunch or even tries it i told her i would give her the fruit. in my past experience this has always worked and the kid caves and eats the main dish, and tries at least one or 2 bites of the veggie. this kid refuses to budge! for the past 2 weeks she has hardly eaten lunch bc she only wants to eat crap. as soon as she wakes up from her nap she starting crying that she wants crackers and juice. i feel so bad that she didnt eat lunch i almost feel obligated to give her the crackers just so she will eat. there are 2 problems with this: 1. my child has always been a great eater, and now she is asking for crackers, 2. i want this kid to eat more than crackers and fruit. when she is at home i am almost positive her parents let her eat, and drink whatever she wants. this makes it really hard to enforce healthy eating here! do you have any suggestions for getting her to eat her lunch?? i have decided that next week i am not going to even have any crackers where she can see them!
#250 of 733 Old 05-10-2007, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
femuhnistmama-

How old is this kid?
What kind of crackers/fruit are we talking about?

I wouldn't do the juice. All the kids here, mine or not, get water all day.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#251 of 733 Old 05-10-2007, 11:35 PM

the little girl is 20 months old. the only kid of crackers i keep in my home are whole grain and organic, and she will eat any kind of fruit i have! i stopped give her juice a while ago. it was so bad she would steal other peoples cups if she ran out. now i have to only let them drink at the table during lunch, or snacks, or if they need a quick sip. that seemed to stop her from her crazed fixation on stealing all the juice. now i need to stop her from constantly wanting crackers! next phase getting her to eat good food!
#252 of 733 Old 05-10-2007, 11:37 PM

I don't even let kids leave the table (they have to ask to be excused) unless they've tried a bite of everything ("it might be your favorite food! You never knew you liked chocolate cake until you tried it...").

What have you said to her parents about it? Maybe if they know it's important to you, they can prep her for it by reminding her that she needs to eat what you offer... hope it all works out!

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#253 of 733 Old 05-11-2007, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femuhnistmama View Post
i have a child in my group who hardly ever wants to eat lunch, except for the fruit, and is constantly asking for juice and crackers. They er eat, and drink whatever she wants. this makes it really hard to enforce healthy eating here! do you have any suggestions for getting her to eat her lunch?? i have decided that next week i am not going to even have any crackers where she can see them!
I have one of these and he is soooo skinny that you can see his ribs. He will eat eggs, crackers, cheese, and juice. I can t even get him to drink water. I only buy a can or two of frozen juice and it goes quick so that means he isn't drinking much either. Ice chips

Let me know how it goes. I cave in and let him eat 3 eggs at a time because he looks so frail.
#254 of 733 Old 05-11-2007, 01:33 AM

I think doing what you suggested sounds good - not having the crackers and juice available will help her to choose other foods on her own. The 18-month-old I watch is a pretty poor eater too, and I am learning what has to be served first in order to have anything eaten. LOL

Oh - I officially am picking up the 6-yr-old girl once school is out. She was here tonight with her mom and things went well. I did reduce my rate a bit, and we are in agreement now.

It's amazing though - there's a totally differnt vibe with this girl than with the 2 boys I am currently watching. It feels "right" - and I don't get that feeling from the boys at all. If things don't start feeling more "right" soon, I may cut the strings with them. I really wanted it to work out, but I can't have everyone in my house upset about these boys being here, right?
#255 of 733 Old 05-11-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikesmom View Post
I can t even get him to drink water. I only buy a can or two of frozen juice and it goes quick so that means he isn't drinking much either. Ice chips
I don't understand that second sentence... if it's going fast, wouldn't that mean he *is* drinking alot? We buy juice concentrate as well, to have with snack once in a while. It's watered down ALOT! Another good way to get more liquids in is to make popsicles. Frozen smoothies (can have all sorts of healthy stuff in it!) or frozen watered down juice all make good popsicles ... and the molds are $1 at Walmart/Target.

TwoSpunkyMonkeys - that's so great you found a child that your family vibes with! Maybe that'll make it easier to let the other family go, since now you have a comparison with a child who you *know* is a good fit. I was going to suggest arranging some kind of trade or barter with the mom who is having trouble paying, but looks like you've got it figured out I give one mom a slight discount because she brings us free organic coffee from Starbucks (where she works), and another mom I trade babysitting with once in a while, and another I sell on ebay for her, and she credits her percentage of the sale (70%) to childcare... I do work with mostly low-income parents.

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#256 of 733 Old 05-11-2007, 12:44 PM

[quote=root*children;8095713]I don't understand that second sentence... if it's going fast, wouldn't that mean he *is* drinking alot?

Oh sorry I meant it goes fast between all the kids. There is 7 kids all together drinking juice if I count my own too. The little cups I leave out for them don't hold much.

They brought him a special sippy type water bottle with little faces on it today. It has water with just a splash of juice in it. I think this might work
#257 of 733 Old 05-14-2007, 10:55 AM

ikesmom - hope the water/juice in the special cup works out for your kiddo!

An update for me - my boys gave notice on Friday that they will only be coming until the 2nd week of June. This is a blessing - they are leaving on good terms (decided the 4-yr-old should go to kindergarten instead of preschool, so they ar both going to private school/care now). The 6-yr-old girl will start when the boys leave - so it's aLL working out nicely.
#258 of 733 Old 05-14-2007, 06:17 PM

Binah Yeteirah, try not to take your day to heart! Everyone misses a poopy diaper once in a while! And injuries happen, it's a sad fact of life. Could you have done anything to prevent him chipping his teeth? Probably not. So don't sweat it.

When the diaper checker drops her dd off in the mornings you should check her diaper in front of the mom before she leaves . I can be passive-aggressive like that: .
#259 of 733 Old 05-14-2007, 06:51 PM

Hi all!
I have been watching kids for a year and a half. Right now they are sitting at the kitchen table beside my desk having yogurt and raisins...
I watch each kiddo on a part-time basis. A 2 year old comes 2 days/3 days every other week. A 3 year old is currently coming as needed since mom just had his little bro and they are all babymooning. Another 2 year old will start coming 3 days per week next week (I have been his back-up...and he fell in love with me: ). In a couple of months I will watch possibly 2 newborns (4 mos/3 mos old) along with the two sibs I already have. So, these kids along with my 2 make 7 total, but only 3 days each week. Thursdays we are alone...so we venture off to our local unschool group or to story time at the library.
I am finally finishing my license...long story!
I love this path...used to teach in public school. Financially speaking, I have in the past brought in the same amount of money monthly as when I taught (after 7 years exp), and will soon again! If I went back, factored in commuting, childcare with someone I trust, and time spent away...I would bring home verry little $ and feel sad and frustrated. Not to mention there is no education like unschooling for this family of perpetual learners!! I can't imagine dropping them off anywhere...just me .

I have lurked here for a while, and now I feel like I am ready to chat about the experiences we share as well as those you've had that I can learn from: .

Hi!!

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
#260 of 733 Old 05-14-2007, 09:39 PM

Welcome DillonandAmarasmom!
#261 of 733 Old 05-14-2007, 11:35 PM

Is everyone here have a licensed in-home daycare? I provide childcare in my home and am considering becoming a licensed provider.
#262 of 733 Old 05-15-2007, 09:17 AM

Hello everyone...

Just introducing myself... my name is Marie and I was just fired from my 'dream job' as a veterinary assistant. However, I soon learned that a dream job has more to do with enjoying the people you are with than what your job title actually is! And I would have been paying more than I made in childcare during the summer, so this is actually a blessing in disguise!

I am about to move into my new house next month and will get my childcare license. There is a large finished basement that I am going to turn into a playroom for the kids. I have a 3 year old who will be home with me, as well as a 5 and 7 year old who is in school. I'm actually getting excited about starting my own business! I know that the majority of home daycares in my area do have some kids, but are rarely full, so I'm not expecting to bring in a massive amount of money... but you never know!

I do have some ideas of what I can offer parents that the other daycares don't... photograpy is my passion, so I plan to take pictures of the kids doing fun stuff or cute stuff, and give them to the parents on a regular basis. The 2 goals I hope to accomplish by doing this are honing my photography skills, and proving to the parents that their children have fun at my house!

I hope to be posting here more often and getting advice from all you experienced daycare providers! I never realized how important daycare was until I was forced to try to find a trustworthy provider!
#263 of 733 Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM

#264 of 733 Old 05-16-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondiapers View Post
...even provide cloth diapers and use them at no additional charge.
I am slowly wading through this thread as part of my ramping up to start a part-time home daycare research, and just had to pause and say that YOU ROCK for providing cloth diapers.

Having used cloth diapers while my son was in childcare part-time... they were so much more work when I would have to stuff the diaper bag with them in the morning, and open up the plastic bags with poopy diapers at the end of the day. It is much easier to deal as you go.

Plus you may inspire your families to try cloth diapers at home. One more time... You rock!

What kind of reaction have you gotten from kids' families and also from the regulating agency... any interesting comments?

I know that the dcp for my former childcare co-op said she welcomed kids in cloth in her home daycare for years, but never had one until she closed her hdc and helped us start our co-op (most of the toddlers were in cloth). I am planning on welcoming kids in cloth as well, but having not met many folks in my new area in cloth I'd be shocked if there's interest, but if I provide them... who knows. Thanks for the great idea!

mom to a 7 year old lego fanatic and a 5 year old cross dresser
#265 of 733 Old 05-17-2007, 12:07 AM

Hi all,

Just read through all 14 pages of posts in a single marathon of a sitting - too much screen time for my liking, but very useful stuff!

I quit my part-time job back in January with a plan to open a part time home daycare (think moms morning off 2-3 times per week at very reasonable rate, plus ocassional drop ins at a much higher rate). I have been focusing on home and self improvement, and just taking some time to enjoy my kids, but the time has come for me to get moving and make this venture happen.

I really appreciated the chance to read through all your posts, and will keep your experiences in my head as I start drafting my handbook & policies tomorrow night. Thanks & best!

#266 of 733 Old 05-17-2007, 08:39 AM

Good luck with starting your business, jtbuko! If you want some more reading, we had a February thread back in February.
#267 of 733 Old 05-18-2007, 03:59 PM

Thanks -- I made a note to check it out next time I'm up for another concentrated chunk of screen time.

#268 of 733 Old 05-21-2007, 01:13 AM

NAK
hey all I have been trying to catch up on the thead as I have bearly seen my computer let alone the internet scince my daughter was born last month I am really trying hard to get back in to the swing of things but I have realized that I am going to have to let my best client go, he is a 11 month old that I have had scince he was12 weeks and I just feel like there is no way I can care for him and my newborn and the preschoolers:
. The plan has been that he would drop to part time over the summer wich I am willing to try but i am quite posative I won't be able to take him full time next fall and as of yet I just can't bring myself to tell them. it would be easier if there were problems but I adore boyh the child and his parents At the same time I am dreading tomorrow because he will be here all day and it so rediculusly (sp?) hard to balance everyones needs!

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#269 of 733 Old 05-22-2007, 03:04 PM

This story is from my home state (about 2 hours from OKC), Make sure to read the DHS documents to the right in red!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic..._A1_hThes02503
#270 of 733 Old 05-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Wow, 14 pages. And I thought I was so unique.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page