*December Thread* ~ Making money on GPT programs - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My approval rate for freebies is about that on DBP. I've learned with freebies it's hit or miss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 01:50 PM

Pearl2- If your offer's trial period ends and you haven't been credited yet, you can do a manual credit (posting the confirmation email as a non credit offer). There are specific directions from different sites about how they would like this done, but basically they need the most info sent to you as possible- DBP and CD want the email headers and MPC asks that you forward the confirmation (I think). Just make sure you've canceled out within the trial period. I have three manual credits that I sent in maybe two weeks ago...I haven't been credited yet and Im not sure how long it is supposed to take. Not something Im dwelling on though.

LisaM. - I didn't have the best approval rating at DBP and spent a lot of time trying to figure it out...they have a special today and tomorrow on freebies: for every 10 completed, you get $2.50 credited to your account. Anyone with a good completion rate might want to check it out.

I think Cashduck pays a bit more and adds feathers to most offers which I think is great because I have been able to buy referrals with those feathers. Speaking of which, on the 8th is Kira's birthday and you can buy anything she has to offer with 23 feathers that day (referrals usually cost 50 feathers). Im going to stock up and hopefully get myself three more referrals this week.
#123 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 02:37 PM

Anyone know if there is a way to change your number at Netzero? I didn't see that option or question under the faq section. I did try to gt a new number, but they won't allow it at this point.

I looked into the evoice offer at cashduck: If you are looking for the first time for an online phone, terms say there are extra charges for 20 minutes of calls made (or more) a month. They charge for retrieving calls also, adding those minutes to the calls made. I don't know if its worth using as your message phone if you are planning on doing a lot of freebies.

The trial may wave all these fees, so that may be okay to use.
#124 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 02:56 PM

So I've been doing a lot of freebies on Monster and Cash Duck the past several days, and so far every single one has approved. This is MUCH better than DBP where sometimes it would be as bad as half/half. Though part of it may be me. I think I still had my pop-up blocker on when I was doing them on DBP. But still... NO DENIALS YET... a few are still pending so they may go that way, but I'm totally ecstatic about that.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#125 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 03:28 PM

I'm thinking of opening up a regular cc to do offers....using a low credit limit and using it ONLY for offers. My cc company has a zero liability policy for cc fraud and I trust then completely to fight for me should I get unauthorized charges.....

I'm still nervous about it though....any thoughts?
#126 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song of Joy View Post
I'm thinking of opening up a regular cc to do offers....using a low credit limit and using it ONLY for offers. My cc company has a zero liability policy for cc fraud and I trust then completely to fight for me should I get unauthorized charges.....

This is exactly what I did. I got a cc through my credit union with a $300 limit. I only use it for trials so it'll be easy to monitor. Plus, if something did go wrong the max limit is $300. I signed up with online banking and I love being able to check the balance on the cc whenever I want online.

Ok, now here's a funny story. I signed up for the Search For Jesus trial on CD. It has credited and I decided to cancel today...the trial ends on the 9th. So I call the number and I get a very nice lady on the phone. As it turns out I have been trying to access the site to look around out of curiosity. I was not able to for some reason. So when she asked why I wanted to cancel I told her that I was having problems with the site and logging in (all true). She then said, "Well, I have your password here as 'good in bed' is that correct? I about *died* trying not to laugh. Yes, that was the password. (My DH is very creative, yes?) So here I'm talking to a person from a "Jesus" program and she knows the password is "good in bed" and she didn't miss a beat while saying it either! :

Turns out she was really nice and offered to extend my free trial for another 7 days because I had problems. She was so nice that I couldn't refuse. I think I'll cancel before the 9th anyway just to avoid any issues. I hope I don't get her on the phone again though.
#127 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 05:12 PM

I am goign to get a prepaid cc, and maybe down the road a real one just for trials and stuff...

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#128 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song of Joy View Post

This is exactly what I do. If you are careful with checking the account frequently and able to take the 'stress' of fighting charges that shouldn't have been made, this is a good way to go.

I much prefer it over Simon's ridiculous customer service, the pre-authorization charges when using a prepaid, and offers that refuse to even take a prepaid.

I'd suggest making sure it's a Visa. Some offers only take a Visa.

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
#129 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
Ok, now here's a funny story. I signed up for the Search For Jesus trial on CD. It has credited and I decided to cancel today...the trial ends on the 9th. So I call the number and I get a very nice lady on the phone. As it turns out I have been trying to access the site to look around out of curiosity. I was not able to for some reason. So when she asked why I wanted to cancel I told her that I was having problems with the site and logging in (all true). She then said, "Well, I have your password here as 'good in bed' is that correct? I about *died* trying not to laugh. Yes, that was the password. (My DH is very creative, yes?) So here I'm talking to a person from a "Jesus" program and she knows the password is "good in bed" and she didn't miss a beat while saying it either! :

Turns out she was really nice and offered to extend my free trial for another 7 days because I had problems. She was so nice that I couldn't refuse. I think I'll cancel before the 9th anyway just to avoid any issues. I hope I don't get her on the phone again though.
That's hilarious!

#130 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 06:23 PM

Kleine Hexe~ That is the funniest thing I've heard in a LONG time... thanks for the good laugh.
#131 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 06:26 PM

I'm going to make my password "good in bed" everywhere now.

Hi Tiffany!

I've got 2 trials I have to go through the ropes on at CashDuck and one at DBP. There's $75 just hanging out there and it's driving me nuts. :

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#132 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 08:23 PM

Quote:
This is exactly what I did. I got a cc through my credit union with a $300 limit. I only use it for trials so it'll be easy to monitor. Plus, if something did go wrong the max limit is $300. I signed up with online banking and I love being able to check the balance on the cc whenever I want online.
Maybe that's just what I'll do. I have some seriously n00b questions, though. First, this is where I'll admit that I've never had a credit card. I really don't have much in the way of credit. We've always rented, I make car payments to my step-mom, etc. Would using my one and only credit card almost exclusively in this fashion do anything (good or bad) to my credit?

So do I just go to my bank and say "hey, I'd like a credit card! Visa please. Oh, and a super low limit." and hope they don't laugh at me? Their debit cards are all visa so maybe I don't need to mention that part...

Anything else I should know?

Thanks to any of you lovely mamas if you can help me out in all of my ignorance, here.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#133 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorker View Post
Maybe that's just what I'll do. I have some seriously n00b questions, though. First, this is where I'll admit that I've never had a credit card. I really don't have much in the way of credit. We've always rented, I make car payments to my step-mom, etc. Would using my one and only credit card almost exclusively in this fashion do anything (good or bad) to my credit?

So do I just go to my bank and say "hey, I'd like a credit card! Visa please. Oh, and a super low limit." and hope they don't laugh at me? Their debit cards are all visa so maybe I don't need to mention that part...

Anything else I should know?

Thanks to any of you lovely mamas if you can help me out in all of my ignorance, here.
If you are careful-very careful-this will be GOOD for your credit. It's a sad truth that you need to borrow to get good credit. My grandpa paid cash for everything, then had a difficult time financing a house because he didn't have any credit-he came from the generation of save and pay cash instead of 'pay later'.

-Do you get credit card offers in the mail? Maybe use one of those. They'll have lower interest rates. Bank credit cards usually have higher interest rates.

-Get a card that has a rewards system. That way, all of this S&H that you're charging will earn you money-you'll be making money in two different ways!

-When you get your GPT money, pay off the credit card right away-I mean RIGHT AWAY. The only money you should see from this should be your profit. Pay off that credit card before it adds up and gets out of hand.

-Get one that you can check on online. When you're doing something like GPT, you want to be able to check immediately to see if a trial has charged you and to keep track of refunds if they're needed.

-Remember that credit cards are better than debit cards or Simon cards because you can easily dispute excessive charges. The credit cards want you to be happy, and they'll go to bat for you.

Good luck!

#134 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 09:17 PM

for those of you who like cash on tap... any secrets to maneuvering along the offers pages? I prefer the other sites offer pages so much more I am having a hard time even bothering to look through it Every time I complete an offer it brings me back to the main offer page instead of the section I was in - driving me bananas LOL

My offers are very slow approving today, i should just stop well i should say my freebies on DBP and cashduck seem to be slow today.... cash on tap the 3 I did approved almost instantly.
#135 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 10:02 PM

Just saw this over on the cashduck forum.... seems to be a work in progress :

What to check if things aren't crediting
#136 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 11:22 PM

Has anyone done the PitneyBowes trial? The meter looks heavy to ship back.
#137 of 552 Old 12-06-2006, 11:47 PM

I did that one - and never opened the box never got credit either, most likely due to not trying the service. I've been busy and realized my trial is up in a few days, so I called to cancel today. They said they'll be sending me a label to ship it back - so no out of pocket costs. I was glad to hear that!
#138 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Has anyone done the PitneyBowes trial? The meter looks heavy to ship back.
I did this one. It didn't work out, so I cancelled. They send you a return shipping label, so you don't have to pay to ship it back.

#139 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 12:37 AM

I'm having Cash Duck problems! Two of my paid trials didn't get approved so I had to fill out a form (it's been more than a week now!) and Kira needs the "headers" of the emails. Huh? The emails don't have headers according to what I'm seeing. I know what headers look like, they just aren't on my copies of the emails. Would AOL filter that out???

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#140 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 01:27 AM
DBZ

With AOL if you forward the email it usually sends the headers. You might be able to see them at the bottom of the email...wehn I was on AOL they were there. It looks like a bunch of garbled junk.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#141 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 01:29 AM

I did forward them and there are no headers there. I'm confused! :

#142 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Okay, I've been lurking here all day, read pretty much the whole thread, and I'm hooked!:

I'm just on Cashduck for now. Can someone tell me what DBP is?

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#143 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 02:54 AM

www.dealbarbiepays.com is DBP If you want a referral link I'm sure some of the gals here would be glad to give you one!

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#144 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfirefaery View Post
www.dealbarbiepays.com is DBP If you want a referral link I'm sure some of the gals here would be glad to give you one!
Do use one of the girls here for a referral. If you sign up directly on the site, she awards you to a random person there and the random person gets 10%. If you sign up as the referral of someone here, they get 10% of your earnings.

Someone's going to get 10%, it might as well be a momma on this board!

#145 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 03:59 AM

ok, i've turned the pop up blocker off. read up some more and will try again.

i am looking for a referral to cashduck and mpc for now. tia
#146 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 04:10 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfirefaery View Post

Got one!

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#147 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 11:04 AM

Has anyone ever tried upgrading their membership at DBP? I want one referral this month and I was wondering if that would be a good way to go.

#148 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 11:49 AM

Is anyone else having a terrible time with certain surveys?!

I cannot seem to get Winning Surveys and Consumer Beat Surveys to approve for me on MPC. I had one WS approve 3 days ago but still have 6 sitting and Monster told me that if they hadn't approved by today to reset them and do them again. I'm just wondeirng if I'm going to be wasting my time by doing so if they just aren't going to approve again.
I seem to have good luck with Consumer Expression surveys but they pay so little.
I have tried using a different browser to do them with to no avail.
I have both browsers set to accept all cookies.
I am alternating multiple (about 15) gmail e-mail addresses.
I am clearing cookies and cache before doing every offer.
I have pop-up blocker off.

I am totally stumped and getting irked. I decided to try doing a different WS at 4 different GPT sites two days ago and none of them approved :
I have a newish computer (less than a year old) that has multiple security features and I'm beginning to wonder whether or not a different program is blocking cookies? I checked my Spy Sweeper and it is not blocking cookies.
I also just checked AOL Spyware Protection and that is not scanning for tracking cookies either.. I just can't seem to figure this out.
Does anyone have any suggestions?!
Thanks a million,
#149 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 12:57 PM
DBZ

Maybe is it AOL's proxy server? Even when you use a different browser AOL's IP numbers are proxies.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#150 of 552 Old 12-07-2006, 01:50 PM

Hi all! New here and need a gmail invite and a referral to DBP. Thanks!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page