*December Thread* ~ Making money on GPT programs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2006, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GPT stands for "get-paid-to" and refers to programs which pay you cash to complete short surveys and to sign up for trial memberships with online companies. I've not found a better way to earn money online.

Please share how you did with your gpt sites last month! Nothing is more inspiring and motivating than reading about other's success.

Visit threads from October and November to learn more.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=551165

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=532335

And here are 2 informative threads from September which I recommend you start with if you are just entering the gpt scene.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=482809

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...35#post6183635

I've been actively participating in gpt programs for well over 8 months now. I do the offers at my convenience and have earned a minimum of $800 a month and as much as $3500+.

I have a GPT Tutorial that I would be happy to send you if interested. It explains how the programs work and details how to make the most of them. Just send me a pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2006, 05:59 PM

Subbing

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

Old 12-03-2006, 06:26 PM

I started doing this on 11/26 and cashed out on the 30th with $64.50 from Cash Duck. I pretty much just stuck to Cash duck, I did do a couple of other sites but seemed to keep going back to Cash Duck. I figure not bad for 4 nights in front of the TV plucking away on here. I figure I spent maybe 4-5 hours total. Thanx for all the help from everyone. I am going to try this month to do a couple of the sites that pay more often although most of the freebies say that I am not eligible go figure. Any one know why feel free to inform me. Again thanx for all the help.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:45 PM

not an expert by a long way but read on the november thread that this could be temporary and to try them again another time. also it said it could have to do with demographics. I have gotten a few of these but tried a couple again and it went through so I would try back later.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:47 PM

yea ive been getting that alot. Sometimes it changes and i can do em sometimes not

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

Old 12-03-2006, 06:51 PM

subbing
Old 12-03-2006, 07:27 PM

Old 12-03-2006, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Heading for cash duck now...

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 12-03-2006, 08:09 PM

Here I am.

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:43 PM

I posted this on the November thread because I forgot it was December

Quote:
Some offer companies also have it set to accept only a certain number of sign ups from each phone #. If you are suddenly having trouble getting offers to credit, you might try getting a new private phone phone #. This worked for me recently with BigBucks, CE, and a couple of others that I was having trouble with.
Another thing I've found is that altering my address will sometimes help. I do NOT mean signing up from an address that isn't mine. I mean spelling out the word Street or putting Apt 10 rather than #10, etc. Sometimes this will help with a company that has NEVER credited for me - so maybe they are set to reject certain formats, or something. I'm not sure, but it's one of the things that has helped with me. Oh, some are set to accept a certain # from each name, so using a different variation of your name might help too. Again, I'm NOT suggesting that you make up a fraudulent name. My first name is Jerianne, but I also go by Jeri. Sometimes changing which one I'm using will help.

Also, some offers reset every month. Now that it's the begining of the month, go back and try companies you were having trouble getting credit from. Sometimes you can sign up at the begining of the month, but not the end, because they have caps on the number of sign ups they'll pay for.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:08 PM

I just signed up for my first trial. We'll see how it goes.

What were some of your fave trials? Any suggestions on any?

Anyone do Stamps.com? Also when you clink on a link it takes you directly to the trial, right? I'm asking because on two free trials now I noticed that on the page it did not say free trial anywhere. It just said sign up for $9.95 a month (or whatever). If I fill out the info is it automatically the free trial? For example I got confused on DBP for the "Shopper Discount and Rewards" free trial.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:37 PM

Jeri, that's a great idea.

So far I am awaiting payments from DBP, Cashontap, and Cashduck. I didn't make enough with Monsterpayscash to cash out.

How long does it typically take? This is my first month.

I'm also awaiting for my first two free trials to credit at DBP but I figured I'd give them through Tuesday to clear before I start to worry.

I've already received a $10 gift card from Barnes and Noble due to a shoppersadvantage sign up, and have successfully cancelled that account!

My first Blockbuster dvd came in the mail, so I watched that last night!

YAY!

However, I haven't received any real money yet...but I am giving it time...

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
Old 12-03-2006, 11:17 PM

Also why are there more than one trial offers for the same advertiser? I've found three Bargain Network Homes offers...one pays more than the other. Are they considered separate trials?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:00 AM

If you've done these offers, tell me about them...

Video Professor, Profit from Home, Advantage Language, Onlingo, Overnight Genius

Were they easy to cancel?
Was it a hassel to return?
How much did it cost to return?
Did you manage to receive & return the product within the trial period and avoid charges?

I'm thinking of doing them but don't want to take any risks.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
Old 12-04-2006, 12:35 AM

I did VP (It was my first paid trial). It was REALLY easy. They don't start your trial timer until a few days after they mail to make sure you have a full 14 days (I think) to review it. When I got the software, I tried to instal it and had a lot of problems - I have an old computer with no memory . Anyhow, it didn't hurt my computer - I just couldn't get it to work. So, I called their toll free # and asked how to return them and cancel any shipments. They asked why I was cancelling, so I told them. She did try to upsell me a couple of things while waiting for my info to come up, but easily took no for an answer. Then she gave me an RMA#. I had to return only one of the three CD-ROM's I received by a certain date (far enough in the future that I didn't have to stress about it) with the RMA written on the envelope. It cost about $.75 to send it back.

I am currently doing Overnight Genius. I'm having the same issue with the software, so I plan to call tomorrow to cancel it. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:40 AM

Jeri, great idea about changing bits of your address legitimately to see if it improves credit. I'll have to try that if I start having problems!

Moonfirefaery -
I did Overnight Genius, through IPz, and it credited just fine.
To cancel, I had to call and get an RMA#, and mail back at least one of the 3 CDs. They did not ask me why I was cancelling or try to convince me to stay. Easy and cheap to return, because it was just a CD.
They didn't try to charge me after I cancelled.

I just signed up for Advantage Language, through MPC, and it credited very quickly but I haven't received the products yet so can't comment on that yet...

I'm loving MPC, btw. I'm up to 21 approved offers, totaling $144.70, have another 15 pending (about $75, if they credit), and haven't had any denied!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:21 AM

I am loving all of the sites I have tried so far but I keep wanting to try the other sites being mentioned. Where oh where will I find the time?! I've noticed that a lot of offers repeat but a lot of the sites do have different offers from other sites I am going to try Video Professor & Overnight Genius. It'd be cool to try them out anyway!

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Old 12-04-2006, 04:02 AM
DBZ

I just started the other day. I am working on the free ipod site and dbp. So far so good. I did notice that some sites do not like the # in my address. So far I am up to about $12 at dbp. I need to download that program to fill out forms for me.

I have a question for those of you doing the ipodsweepstakes site. Do you keep track of what links you clicked on? If so what is your method (pen, paper, or what)

Also do you all do forms that ask for your social? I'm a bit leary of that.

TIA!

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

Old 12-04-2006, 04:07 AM

I will do forms asking for my social IF the site is secure. If it shows a lock next to the input box, mentions something about the security, or if the link is secure.something.com, then I may enter it. Otherwise, no.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:54 AM

I just started the last two days of Nov and I am expecting 94 bux from dbp. Right now I'm working on cash on tap so I can cash out the fifth and recieve my money on the 10th. I really need to make enough to pay my car payment lol. I judt recieved my package from advantage language and it won't run on my old computer so I will call them tomorrow. we enjoyed movies from blockbuster and netflix this weekend and I will call and cancel tomorrow and drop them all in the mail. I don't like fusion cash or instantprofitz because it is hard to see what is pending.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:48 AM

I am still getting the hang of this. I am just doing freebies til I can get payment next month then I will to trials and stuff...so far have only gotten 8 approvals,a nd 39 pending. I am thinking I will delete tomorrow and try again...I'm on cash duck. I want to start on DBP soon though. I have 2 people interested to refer soon too I think!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 12-04-2006, 07:46 AM

OH MAN. I've been really busy/dealing with life for the past month+, so I haven't been doing any GPT sites or checking the threads. I just went back and read/skimmed the entire November thread. : Glad I did though. Gotta get back into doing this. *kicks self in butt*

So anyway. I fancy me some referrals for Cash Duck and Cash on Tap. Preferably from two different people. Thanky.

EDIT: GOT MY REFERRALS, THANKS.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:24 PM

Well, aren't I an invisible poster on this thread.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:34 PM

kleine hexe, I wasn't ignoring you - I just don't know the answer. I've wondered that too, so I only did one of the BN Homes because I didn't want to get myself in trouble. You might try asking on the DBP or CD forums, or emailing the admins to find out if it's okay to do more.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
Also why are there more than one trial offers for the same advertiser? I've found three Bargain Network Homes offers...one pays more than the other. Are they considered separate trials?
I think they are separate. From what I have read, you can do them all, but only one at a time. That said, Bargain offers don't credit well for me, getting through to cancel is a real hassle (one time I was on hold for 20 mins) and they offered me tons of other options, which annoyed me. I don't like them so much that I refuse to do any more offers through them...Plus, I think they do a $16 hold on your card.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:12 PM

Quote:
What were some of your fave trials? Any suggestions on any?

Anyone do Stamps.com? Also when you clink on a link it takes you directly to the trial, right? I'm asking because on two free trials now I noticed that on the page it did not say free trial anywhere. It just said sign up for $9.95 a month (or whatever). If I fill out the info is it automatically the free trial? For example I got confused on DBP for the "Shopper Discount and Rewards" free trial.
My all-time favorite trial was the free membership at NASCAR that included a $10 gas rebate. It paid eighteen dollars and I got a ten dollar check in the mail from them. I did it at Fusion Cash.

I enjoy the $1 trials for online/discount services that, if you choose to cancel, can be cancelled over the phone.

I would avoid Carleton Sheets. They may pay out well, but you have to ship a huge box back for ten dollars and have a reputation for reversing rewards down the line. Didn't happen to me, but I've seen it happen to ALOT of people.

I did Stamps.com. Loved it.

About offers not being the same when you open them up...
What you see on the page that opens up is what you get. If you click on a trial that is supposed to be free and the page that opens up tells you that the trial is $9.95, then you pay $9.95. The best thing to do is to shut that window down, clear cookies, and try the link again. I've had to do that on several offers (including NASCAR-they tried charging me $7 and then $10 before the $0 one opened up). Some offers never do give you the right charge, so you either decide if you can live with what they are offering or report the broken link to Admin.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Bargain Network offers 3 offers-Homes, Auto, and Inclusive. Maybe they offer more that I haven't seen. You can do all three of these as long as Inclusive is the last one you do.

Only do one of each at a time. Do the highest paying Homes offer first. If you decide to cancel, you should be able to try it again in 60 days and do the next one down.

Same with all the other discount offers. The discount offers do try to hard sell you if you decide to cancel, but I just remember that the operators are receiving low pay and get commission for upgrades, so I just say 'no' as many times as it takes and hang up.

I've never had a discount offer not credit on DBP or Fusion, but did have one not credit on IPz (In fact I had 3 offers not credit on IPz while everything else was crediting on every other site-IPz is strictly surveys for me now.). I can't speak for Cash Duck or MPC or CoT, but I've only heard fantastic things about Cash Duck. I personally love that site and am switching over more and more.
About Simon...I've stopped using these cards because many trials aren't accepting them anymore and most of the rest are starting to put holds on those cards. When I use my 'real' credit card...no hold. However, I am VERY comfortable countering charges made on my credit card that are not legit, and I check it daily, so it works for me to use a 'real' credit card.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:35 PM

Hi everyone!

I did the ORal Bright trial at CD and let me say, I dealt with one of the RUDEST customer service people I've ever spoken with. Wow. Thank goodness the stuff doesn't work or I'd be ticked!!

How's everyone else's day going?

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:00 PM

I've had a couple of more things credit, but I've still only goitten 9.50. LOL I think I am doing something wrong. I did just clear my cache though, and Kira said wait a couple more days, then try them again...

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 12-04-2006, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Well, aren't I an invisible poster on this thread.
hee hee me too...

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces

User Tag List