RE: What WAH do you do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-24-2007, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This thread has been removed. It began in May of 2006 - and really, it was a very interesting thread with everyone telling a bit about what they do working from home.

However, many began posting their store URLs or their Referral URLs - too many to count by the 10th page of posts.

I think it would be a most excellent idea to begin this thread again, specifically as a means to get to know each other on this forum, but please be aware of the WAHM Well Guidelines and keep it general and not promote your store within the post itself.

If you have any questions about what would be appropriate, please feel free to PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 12:41 AM

I am sure this subject has been covered, but it would be nice to have a thread designated for those who want to post their URLs. It might encourage me to buy something WAHM-made when I am looking for a gift and can browse the URLs.

???
#3 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 01:09 AM

At least that thread was about real WAHP's that had real businesses--now WHAM WELL forum is all about GPT's. I rarely even check it, anymore.
#4 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 02:02 AM

I have to agree with the PP-
I don't have any issues with WAHM's spamming their businesses here, but they are spamming for larger corporations, and that is okay - ?! I mean, they are suggesting that others can make money - which is great - through the large corps, but it isn't okay to tout their own businesses and maybe get a couple sales. It is hard to draw the line, I know, because no one wants someone pushing their goods (or anyone else's for that matter) but having a thread dedicated to a little spamming conversation seems harmless. Just my 2 cents.
#5 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by art4babies View Post
I am sure this subject has been covered, but it would be nice to have a thread designated for those who want to post their URLs. It might encourage me to buy something WAHM-made when I am looking for a gift and can browse the URLs.
We understand completely and have made a means to do this through business signatures as well we do have a subforum that is specifically what you are asking for called WAHM Connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi
At least that thread was about real WAHP's that had real businesses--now WHAM WELL forum is all about GPT's. I rarely even check it, anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by art4babies
I have to agree with the PP-
I don't have any issues with WAHM's spamming their businesses here, but they are spamming for larger corporations, and that is okay - ?! I mean, they are suggesting that others can make money - which is great - through the large corps, but it isn't okay to tout their own businesses and maybe get a couple sales. It is hard to draw the line, I know, because no one wants someone pushing their goods (or anyone else's for that matter) but having a thread dedicated to a little spamming conversation seems harmless. Just my 2 cents."
In response to several requests, and because some of the threads are indirectly in violation of the UA with referral links and personal signatures that link to blogs/websites with referral links, the administration are currently working on guidelines for GPT posting within the WAHM Well. They will be posted soon.
#6 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSanders View Post
We understand completely and have made a means to do this through business signatures as well we do have a subforum that is specifically what you are asking for called WAHM Connect.
Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Thanks.
#7 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

art4babies

You may have to select "From the beginning" from the drop down menu so you can have them all displayed. There hasn't been any recent additions apparently and it will only show guidelines if you don't select to see the rest.
#8 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi View Post
amen.
I would like to see wahm well become more business focused as well. I am happy to hear changes are coming.

* Llamajama in stock woolens *
hand knit wool longies, wool soakers, wool sweaters and more!
#9 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR FluffnStuff View Post
amen.
I would like to see wahm well become more business focused as well. I am happy to hear changes are coming.
Me too. I miss the "old" WAHM Well.
#10 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Please continue to post threads that you would like to see. WAHM Well changes when the membership change their postings. So, be sure to stay active and post so that you can have the type of WAHM Well you want too!
#11 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi View Post
In regards to GPT... we try to keep it all on the one "tribe" thread and thats it. I don't see how that has "taken over" the forum or changed it. It just happens that we try to keep our thread active. many of us members work hard at trying to "police" the thread so that people follow the rules. I know I have asked people to remove their links many times because we want to be allowed to have our thread and follow the same rules as everyone else I even requested that the forum have a post count minimum so random people didn't come in here and just spam their links.

I look forward to seeing what the new rules are
#12 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyMama View Post
In regards to GPT... we try to keep it all on the one "tribe" thread and thats it. I don't see how that has "taken over" the forum or changed it. It just happens that we try to keep our thread active. many of us members work hard at trying to "police" the thread so that people follow the rules. I know I have asked people to remove their links many times because we want to be allowed to have our thread and follow the same rules as everyone else I even requested that the forum have a post count minimum so random people didn't come in here and just spam their links.

I look forward to seeing what the new rules are
PatchyMama, I appreciate your attitude. We have noticed spamming within the threads and there are concerns raised about the discussions of cancelling and returning products. We want to protect the integrity of WAHM Well as well as liability issues with MDC.

I want to ask that you (and others, of course) please contact a moderator to do any "policing" that is needed - that is one of our jobs within our selected forums. I will be glad to make any requested contacts for posts that aren't in compliance with the Forum Guidelines. I have been PM'ed several times about specific spammy posts and those have been removed, contacting the poster for an edit.

A post count minimum is being considered as well.

Again, we appreciate the positive attitude and will post soon.
#13 of 16 Old 01-25-2007, 09:38 PM

thanks heather!
#14 of 16 Old 01-26-2007, 08:03 AM

I also do not see the problem in having a monthly "gpt" thread. I do not understand how that can have a negative impact on the forum? Mothers often visit this forum in search of ...and sometimes desperate for... a means of making money from home. This site is about uplifting, encouraging, helping mothers in all aspects of parenthood...including financial. GPT programs can be, and have been, the answer to a prayer.

I also look forward to the new rules.
#15 of 16 Old 01-26-2007, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritmom View Post
I also do not see the problem in having a monthly "gpt" thread. I do not understand how that can have a negative impact on the forum?
The threads in and of themselves do not have a negative impact on the forum. The new members who have arrived specifically to spam their GPT websites, some of the content within the posts that discuss quick cancellations, how to return products quickly for refunds, etc... can be an issue if represented by MDC. Please be patient and we will clarify further soon.
#16 of 16 Old 01-26-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritmom View Post
I also do not see the problem in having a monthly "gpt" thread. I do not understand how that can have a negative impact on the forum? Mothers often visit this forum in search of ...and sometimes desperate for... a means of making money from home. This site is about uplifting, encouraging, helping mothers in all aspects of parenthood...including financial. GPT programs can be, and have been, the answer to a prayer.

I also look forward to the new rules.
I agree with Sherrie here. For me, GPT has been an answer to a prayer. I'm a FT WOHM and so is dh, yet we still barely eek by. Learning about GPT and becoming a member of that "tribe" has helped lessen our financial stress each month. I would really hate to see it go.

And as far as cancellations, we do all know that there can be implications with cancelling trials and that's why we are very careful about what/how we post about cancellations. Honestly, I try trials that I'm interested in and if for some reason I have to cancel, but say, I don't have the phone # to cancel or I'm having trouble getting through to the company, I like to post about it so that someone can offer a solution (new phone #, email address, etc.)

However, I do agree that it can sometimes get "spammy" but I don't think in general that anyone posts referral links. I think part of this has to do with new members not knowing it's a UA violation.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what the solution might be and I also agree that a post count minimum would be a great idea!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page