Get Paid To Thread for March - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 211 Old 03-27-2007, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_plus_one View Post
I made a major $$ mistake today. I signed up for a trial through Pacific Webworks, where you get Quickbooks and they sign you up for a 14 day thing. I just really wanted to check out quickbooks at home. Anyway, I signed up 14 days ago and called to say I hadn't got my product today but they already charged me $50 for one month of service, saying that the day you sign up counts as the first day.

I've never had a company do that before. I'm so bummed that I lost $50. After I got off the phone with the guy I was just sobbing.

Do I have any recourse? I don't feel like their TOS made it very clear that they start from the day you sign up, and I would think that not receiving the product would give you a little leeway, but maybe I'm wrong.

i don't think quickbooks actually sends anything but if they do u might try disputing w/ cc b/c they didn't deliver.

i have done that before for a $30 trial. i asked for a refund but didn';t get it.

i am having a very hard time finding any worthwhile offers this month and i really need the $$$. i think i am only at $200 which is the least i've ever made
#182 of 211 Old 03-27-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinderliter View Post

i am having a very hard time finding any worthwhile offers this month and i really need the $$$. i think i am only at $200 which is the least i've ever made
I completely agree. I've made about $40 this month. There is just nothing that interests me.
#183 of 211 Old 03-27-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I made a major $$ mistake today. I signed up for a trial through Pacific Webworks, where you get Quickbooks and they sign you up for a 14 day thing. I just really wanted to check out quickbooks at home. Anyway, I signed up 14 days ago and called to say I hadn't got my product today but they already charged me $50 for one month of service, saying that the day you sign up counts as the first day.

I've never had a company do that before. I'm so bummed that I lost $50. After I got off the phone with the guy I was just sobbing.

Do I have any recourse? I don't feel like their TOS made it very clear that they start from the day you sign up, and I would think that not receiving the product would give you a little leeway, but maybe I'm wrong.
I would call the company back and keep talking to them. they cant charge you when you havent even received the merchandise to "try" it. If they won't budge I would dispute it with whatever card you paid with.
#184 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 05:35 PM

How do you download this? I've been searching all over the paypal website and all I can find is FAQ's about the virtual debit card, but noplace to actually download it, or to even learn HOW someone goes about getting it. Help please!

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#185 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 05:53 PM

in my account the link was in one of the boxes on the left side of the page when you are looking at the main account page.
#186 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 06:06 PM

rethinking using the virtual dc from paypal. I had called them before I downloaded it and was told that the generated number they give you for your purchase/order can only be used one time. Apparently this isn't true. I found this message today when googling for reviews.

Quote:
I used the Paypal Virtual Debit Card for about two months. I found it to be LESS SECURE than a standard credit card.

The Paypal literature states that a unique card number is generated for each transaction implying that the card is good for only one transaction. However each card is good for three months allowing multiple transactions up to the total amount in all of the accounts listed with Paypal. I had two vendors charge the Virtual Debit Card for more than the one charge I authorized.

It took me 1-1/2 hours on the phone with Paypal to find out I have to download a hidden form and mail it to contest a charge (Link to form: https://www.paypal.com/wf/f=dc_unauth).

It took another hour on the phone to find out that I can cancel a virtual card by calling Paypal and requesting a supervisor.

I would not recommend the Paypal Virtual Debit Card until it allows only one transaction for a set amount per card number and they provide a simpler means to contest a charge.

If this is the case... then I won't be using paypal's virtual dc system again.
#187 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 06:17 PM

also.. you won't qualify for paypal's virtual debit card program if you don't have your account linked to a credit card.
#188 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Can someone remind me, when using Roboform to fill out surveys (the long pages of yes/no questions, for instance), how do you make all the answers "no" with one command?

I think it was Ctrl-something, and then the whole page would be filled out.

I took a long break from doing GPT stuff after earning my 1st $80 so I forgot all the useful little tips!

I'm only doing DBP though, so if anyone wants to send me their referral links for Monster Pays Cash or Cash Duck, along with any hints about those sites, I would welcome them...
#189 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceface View Post
Can someone remind me, when using Roboform to fill out surveys (the long pages of yes/no questions, for instance), how do you make all the answers "no" with one command?

I think it was Ctrl-something, and then the whole page would be filled out.

I took a long break from doing GPT stuff after earning my 1st $80 so I forgot all the useful little tips!

I'm only doing DBP though, so if anyone wants to send me their referral links for Monster Pays Cash or Cash Duck, along with any hints about those sites, I would welcome them...
I sent you a pm.
#190 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 08:54 PM

On Monsterpayscash I have only about half of my offers have been approved, the rest are still pending. I did most of them around the 13. Does it take longer than this usually? Also one of them was the Jillian Micheals thing. It never said how much it was going to charge and dh convincede me to do it. It was $52. It was supposed to credit $41, now it says $51. It still hasn't credited. I filled the offer on the 13, it was debited out of my account the 15th. The next payment isn't due for 3 months. I haven't decided if I'm keeping this one or not. I do need to lose weight and $52 is certainly an incentive for that. Anyways, I don't know if I should keep waiting or try to contact them. Any suggestions?

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#191 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 09:04 PM

I just did the Jillian Michaels thing yesterday... it credited this morning I think. Have you submitted a request for manual credit to monster cash? I would The price on it raised to $51 til the end of the month, but I think if you did it when it was $41 that is what they try to get for you. I checked it out a bit yesterday... I am not sure if I will keep it past the 5 week minimum or not, I need to play around on the site some more.
#192 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 09:34 PM

Ok, I looked into doing manual credit. I didn't get a confirmation e-mail I checked. It talked about sending a screenshot in, but I'm confused on what to send in. SOmething from the webpage, my bank account showing it credited? Any suggetions?

#193 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 10:47 PM

I use a simon card and have never had any problems with it at all. I have also heard about paypal's one time numbers not being really one time and decided against that.
#194 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 11:10 PM

What site is the Jillian Michaels for $51 on?
#195 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seren View Post
Ok, I looked into doing manual credit. I didn't get a confirmation e-mail I checked. It talked about sending a screenshot in, but I'm confused on what to send in. SOmething from the webpage, my bank account showing it credited? Any suggetions?
a screen shot is usually taken when you complete the offer and its showing your payment/receipt on the screen. You can take a "picture" of it using the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.

I would email the Jillian Michaels site and ask them if they can email you a confirmation/email receipt. I got a confirmation email from them... have you checked any spam folders? If you are using gmail it may be in there, that is where mine was

Jillian Michaels is $51 on MonsterPaysCash. Its a 13 week program at $4 a week and they charge it up front BUT if it isnt working for you or you dont like it you are only required to keep it for 5 weeks
#196 of 211 Old 03-28-2007, 11:26 PM

On the JM site there is a page with your payment history. I sent a screen shot of that. It says my payment was approved.

#197 of 211 Old 03-29-2007, 12:43 AM

DOes anyone have any luck with zip code submits. I have done a few but they are always denied. I do everything else just fine. Are you just supposed to put the zip code in the submit field?
#198 of 211 Old 03-29-2007, 03:09 AM

Quote:

I did this one, too. You have to fill out an online merchant form before they will send you anything. I called to cancel and told her I never even received the product, and she asked about the online form. I haven't resolved it yet, though...

On the bright side, I won $50 on MPC without even realizing I was in a contest!

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
#199 of 211 Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 AM

Hi. I am interested in getting lists of trials that went thru with no problem. I have also had a hard time finding offers Im interested in doing and hope that maybe there will be a few I have overlooked. I have a few offers that I haven't been credited for at MPC and I think I need to look over my acount and figure out if MPC is worth staying with...per offer they pay more than some others, but a lot of freebies don't credit for me there and two offers totaling $59 didn't credit (ouch).

I have an account with evoice, which was a trial with MPC: they charge $6 a month for a virtual phone #. I have a number with Private Phone (is that the name?), but after a whiile, I was getting a lot of denials on my freebies and after I changed numbers I seemed to get more approved. Just thought someone may be interested in this info.

One more thing: I'm thinking of checking out Cash on Tap since they pay out three times a month (this still true?). Maybe this will inspire me...Anyone can PM me with info on this...
#200 of 211 Old 03-29-2007, 11:03 AM

Becky, I sent you a pm about cash on tap.
#201 of 211 Old 03-29-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady101 View Post
Becky, I sent you a pm about cash on tap.
What is this?

#202 of 211 Old 03-29-2007, 12:11 PM

Cash On Tap is another GPT site. They pay out a couple times a month.
#203 of 211 Old 03-29-2007, 12:55 PM

THey pay out three times per month and have great customer service from what I hear. I haven't had to contact them for anything yet though. If you want a referral let me know.
#204 of 211 Old 04-05-2007, 07:06 PM

cashontap is a great site and I love that they pay out so quickly. However, they pay less on every offer.. compared to other good sites. Monster pays the highest... then barbie (once you add in the money you get from the signs and loyalty points that you accumulate by doing offers).
#205 of 211 Old 04-05-2007, 07:25 PM

Cash Duck has some new offers right now that are paying higher then MPC. Plus you get feathers for each offer....
#206 of 211 Old 04-05-2007, 07:59 PM

that's good to know. Which offers are they? I've yet to find any site that pays as much as monster... on any offer. I wonder if monster will pricematch. My approval rating there is awesome.
#207 of 211 Old 04-06-2007, 09:04 AM

I went to look for those offers this morn and the main one I was thinking of (gmoney, making money with adwords) says it is approved for me on MPC....funny since I don't ever remember doing it. It says the payout was $15. CashDuck has it for $17. Of course, I don't know what it is going for now on MPC b/c it says approved. I think realestate riches was comparable, too.

Of course, I always go to MPC first b/c the have the best payouts. They are my favotire GPT site.
#208 of 211 Old 04-06-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song of Joy View Post
Cash Duck has some new offers right now that are paying higher then MPC. Plus you get feathers for each offer....
When I looked this morning, MPC was higher on everything, but they don't offer everything that CD does. What am I missing? I couldn't even find gmoney on MPC.

Also, does anyone know if MPC is going to run a contest this month other than the referral contest? I'm trying to decide what I want to do and where. I've been working on the earn $12, get $2 promotion going right now on MM4M.

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

#209 of 211 Old 04-06-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krankedyann View Post
I've been working on the earn $12, get $2 promotion going right now on MM4M.
Don't google MM4M to find out what this is.

#210 of 211 Old 04-06-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krankedyann View Post
When I looked this morning, MPC was higher on everything, but they don't offer everything that CD does. What am I missing? I couldn't even find gmoney on MPC.

I don't know either. When I looked yesterday, there were a few higher, but today I can't find them either.....Can I claim milk brain on this one? LOL!

I am really sure gmoney was offered for 15 points but now some other offer is for 15 points and gmoney says it is approved on my account. I am not sure what is going on. I dunno....oh, well....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page