Barefoot Books? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 03-18-2007, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am thinking about selling Barefoot Books.

Anyone have experience/input about this?

Thanks!

Julie, mom to my beautiful twin girls twins.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 PM

I started seliing them in the fall and love it. I never did any direct selling before so I have nothing to compare but I love the company. There is alot of support and opportunity to grow. The books are wondeful - my original reason for signing up as a stallholder was for the discount but they are too nice not to share with others! If you want more info feel free to email me at hsjjks@adelphia.net

peace,Helen
#3 of 10 Old 04-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Banned

does it cost money to start?

#4 of 10 Old 04-23-2007, 03:24 PM

I am interested in this too. I just sent off for some info the other day but... no reply yet.
#5 of 10 Old 04-27-2007, 11:58 PM

Thanks for sharing the information.

Sandy
#6 of 10 Old 05-01-2007, 09:38 AM

There is a registration fee of $39.99 and you can purchase a starter kit for $79.99 (contains $200 in books & marketing material). There is a special this month - if you want to pm me Ill let you know (I'm not sure of the rules of posting that info)

Helen
#7 of 10 Old 06-04-2007, 10:17 PM

I sell Usborne and there is a good size difference. I have the differences from a rep who sells both if anyone is interested! They are both great companies that offer completely different things when it comes to childrens books and opportunity.
#8 of 10 Old 07-01-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinGirlsMama View Post
I am thinking about selling Barefoot Books.

Anyone have experience/input about this?

Thanks!
I started selling this past Jan. and I love it! It is a great company and there is no pressure to sell. The books are amazing and the discount is nice even if you don't sell them You are more than welcome to Pm me for more info.!
Best Wishes,
Rebecca
#9 of 10 Old 04-22-2008, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I don't sell anything right now, but am just starting to research this stuff...

I was looking into Barefoot Books and came across Usborne books (talkd to reps/recruiters for both) and it looks like Usborne is a) less expensive to get into (Barefoot has a startup fee in addition to the intro package price, plus their website is substantially more $10 per month versus $50 per year at Usborne) and b) Usborne gives you more commission, but c) Barefoot gives you better discounts on books you will purchase as a stallholder. This is just my initial research as I understand it, feel free to prove me wrong (with facts not with emotion or personal ties to one of the companies). I was actually thinking about getting into both, but now I am thinking maybe Usborne would be a good start and then if that is going well I could try Barefoot too. I wanted to concentrate more on setting up stalls at fairs and stuff as opposed to parties for my friends (I don't want to pressure them though of course I would do one initially and then later if asked). Being an educational consultant sounds like it could be fabulous too, but it seems like that would b very hard to get into unless you just happen to know a lot of teachers, pre-school directors, and or librarians. GL!

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#10 of 10 Old 05-12-2008, 04:57 PM

Barefoot no longer has a registration fee. The starter pack (which is optional) is $99. You are correct that the website is $10 a month. I think it is a personal choice. I think Barefoot Books stand out more and I have found the Celebration of Art & Story theme behind their books makes them unique. These books pop out at fairs and events.

Mama of 2 and Younique Independent Presenter
Naturally based skin care and makeup
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page