Young Living Essential Oil - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-23-2007, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Sorry if this is the wrong place, I've kinda gotten lost over here in the all info )

Hi all: I am usually lurking at the TTC forums, but thought I'd pop over here and ask this question:

Anyone know about Young Living Essential Oils, quality/purity, as well as the MLM thing? I met someone who uses the oils and loves them, but when I researched the company, I was turned off a bit by the MLM thing.

Any info would be appreciated

Selectively vaxing, extended breastfeeding WOHM to Cjoy.gif (2/09), who was conceived naturally after TTC for 3 years and failed IVF.  TTC #3 in '11. Married to my best friend A love.gif.  Baby #2 angel1.gif (1/2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-04-2007, 04:18 PM

From what I have learned of the company, they seem advocate dangerous uses of essential oils. Essential oils are very concentrated substances and should not be used improperly. I do not know what kind of training is provided for marketers of YL, but it seems it is not substantial. I also think that the MLM thing is not such a cool thing for hardworking mothers. I'd be interested to know anyone's experience who has sold YL oils.
#3 of 4 Old 08-18-2007, 04:23 PM

I've used some of them before - the oregano and the lemon. I had a good experience with them & found them to be very pure and of good quality. I don't know a rep right now though. I think they're the best quality for use internally.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#4 of 4 Old 08-25-2007, 02:06 AM

Technically I am a YL rep but have NEVER made any money with it or sold to anyone for profit. I don't have time for that.
Anyway, they do advocate heavy use of oils. They do recommend some for internal use and some are external only. Personally I use herbs more than oils because herbs are not as concentrated, but oils have their uses. I have been to one of the distilleries in Utah and it was amazing. Very clean, very well run. I do believe they have one of the best products on the market. I have tried other therapeutic grade oils and have not been as impressed. I have not tried oils from Compass Concepts, but I know the owner and trust her. She used to sell YL and now sources her own oils. That is my 3 cents.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page