Can I ask for resources here? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-18-2007, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just became incorporated and need website design. Is that something I can ask for here?
#2 of 10 Old 04-19-2007, 09:45 PM

Congratulations on your incorporation!
I actually just did this myself and am kicking myself for not doing it sooner!

Here are a few names I have heard a lot about for web design:
Red Peach Designs
Four Little Ducks
Elemental Muse

HTH a little!

Dana, mom to Avery & Natalie 7 , Cole 4 , and Baby #4 on the way!
#3 of 10 Old 04-19-2007, 11:41 PM

Congratulations!
Are you looking for resources on how to get started and do it yourself or for an actual designer? The gals here are full of lots of resources!

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#4 of 10 Old 04-20-2007, 01:41 AM

You might try browsing others' sites (visit their "home pages"), finding ones you like, and inquiring as to who did their sites.
#5 of 10 Old 04-20-2007, 03:38 AM

Congratulations, Christina!

Are you a geek? Learn how to turn what you're geeked about into a successful home business at Home Business Geeks! Need Reliable Web hosting?
#6 of 10 Old 04-20-2007, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everybody, we are really excited. Dh is getting more and more excited as the business trickles in and has even uttered words like, "go ahead, invest in yourself.." WOW!

So, I am looking for a designer, not a template or a DIY thing. I want a very unique, industry specific webpage. But, it does not need a shopping cart.
#7 of 10 Old 04-20-2007, 10:44 AM

Go with Kristine from websavvymama.com, her designs are awesome and she can do anything!
#8 of 10 Old 04-21-2007, 01:10 PM

Just another thought. I always look around at websites and wonder why people don't do things that are more unique. We get a lot of compliments on our site and I think it stands out. For every site I have made I research similar business' site for days as well as totally different business' sites. It gives me a creative edge, I think. Then I draw out exactly what I want in a really lame-o drawing and send it to my web designer so they can do exactly what I want. Doing all this makes it so that I am sure not to have a cookie cutter template looking site. I am having two sites built right now, I will post links when they are up
#9 of 10 Old 04-21-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
Just another thought. I always look around at websites and wonder why people don't do things that are more unique. We get a lot of compliments on our site and I think it stands out. For every site I have made I research similar business' site for days as well as totally different business' sites. It gives me a creative edge, I think. Then I draw out exactly what I want in a really lame-o drawing and send it to my web designer so they can do exactly what I want. Doing all this makes it so that I am sure not to have a cookie cutter template looking site. I am having two sites built right now, I will post links when they are up
You are so right Stacey! As a web designer I love working on sites where the owner wants something different and original. It makes it fun to work on, its a challenge! And feedback is super important.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#10 of 10 Old 04-23-2007, 04:45 PM

I very much enjoyed working with my web designer, Kayla at www.littlefishweb.com

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page