* MAY * ~ GPT Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 138 Old 05-01-2007, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope everyone has a successful month!

If you are new to gpt sites please check the previous months threads. You will find lots of helpful information.
#2 of 138 Old 05-01-2007, 04:41 PM

(subbing)

Happy May, everyone!
#3 of 138 Old 05-02-2007, 01:42 AM

i had started to do this many months ago but petered out. i now NEED to make money (H is threatening divorce and is sleeping in another room).

sarah
#4 of 138 Old 05-02-2007, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlyao View Post
i had started to do this many months ago but petered out. i now NEED to make money (H is threatening divorce and is sleeping in another room).

sarah
I am so sorry to hear this. Definitely keep a log if you get back into it. Especially during this stressful period in your life--it's so easy to lose track of trials (I know from experience ).
Good luck!

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
#5 of 138 Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 PM

Having netted over $30 in about an hour the other night, I am really glad to have found good GPT sites!

Happy May, everyone!
#6 of 138 Old 05-03-2007, 11:49 AM

Just a quick hello for May!
#7 of 138 Old 05-03-2007, 03:23 PM

Yippie for the first time I've cashed out with DBP and have almost enough to cash out for this month already! That was in part due to participation in her latest contest and getting extra money for doing stuff and in part because I finally ordered the makeup from Cosmetique that I've been debating getting for over a decade now I've got an odd charge on that though. It's supposed to be $1 plus the $4.95 for s&h, but so far I've only been charged the $1. I want my makeup already darn it so bill me so I can delude myself it will be here soon.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#8 of 138 Old 05-03-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kristina View Post
Yippie for the first time I've cashed out with DBP and have almost enough to cash out for this month already! That was in part due to participation in her latest contest and getting extra money for doing stuff and in part because I finally ordered the makeup from Cosmetique that I've been debating getting for over a decade now I've got an odd charge on that though. It's supposed to be $1 plus the $4.95 for s&h, but so far I've only been charged the $1. I want my makeup already darn it so bill me so I can delude myself it will be here soon.

could be they will billl you when they ship it. if it doesn't go thru soon, you can always call and ask about it. cosmetique is a nice offer.
#9 of 138 Old 05-03-2007, 03:47 PM

I'm trying to help a referral get a Private Phone #, but everytime I go to choose a state, a very limited list comes up. For example, last night, I could only choose NY, and only one area code in the NY area. Yesterday morning, California was also on the drop down list, but again, it was only one area code (and not the one we need!). The most # of states I've seen on the drop down in the last couple of days was 3. Any ideas? Are there any other free voicemail services?

can some one else see if it's doing the same thing for you? Today I'm only seeing Arkansas!
#10 of 138 Old 05-03-2007, 05:16 PM

I can't even get the drop down box to come down! I wonder what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
I'm trying to help a referral get a Private Phone #, but everytime I go to choose a state, a very limited list comes up. For example, last night, I could only choose NY, and only one area code in the NY area. Yesterday morning, California was also on the drop down list, but again, it was only one area code (and not the one we need!). The most # of states I've seen on the drop down in the last couple of days was 3. Any ideas? Are there any other free voicemail services?

can some one else see if it's doing the same thing for you? Today I'm only seeing Arkansas!

Mama to 14yo, 9yo, 7yo, and babe born 9/2012
#11 of 138 Old 05-04-2007, 03:33 PM

I don't know what is going on with netzero private phone. I just signed up with a phone service from AOL for free: http://www.aimphoneline.com/

It worked perfectly for me.
#12 of 138 Old 05-04-2007, 04:26 PM

Thanks Song of Joy! That worked for us
#13 of 138 Old 05-05-2007, 08:57 PM

hey mamas,
i am a total newbie so bear with me.

I signed up at homesurveypanel.com and did 2 paid offers and 2 surveys. On the home page it says $250 for blockbuster (sounds too good to be true, I know!) but now it says $5 in my account. I do not see instructions on how to get paid out more on their site.

Also, does anyone have a rec for a site that does EASY GIFT CARD payouts. Cash would be great but it seems too complicated for me LOL are gift card prizes easier??

Any help is appreciated. thanks!
#14 of 138 Old 05-06-2007, 12:04 PM

Hi all, I have a quick question: I use IE for my GPTing and I know how to save cookies on ccleaner for this to avoid getting logged out of my sites while completing offers. But I have another mama I am attempting to help, and she has Firefox, and I am clueless with how to save cookies on there. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks for any help, Susan
#15 of 138 Old 05-06-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanniemeyer View Post
Hi all, I have a quick question: I use IE for my GPTing and I know how to save cookies on ccleaner for this to avoid getting logged out of my sites while completing offers. But I have another mama I am attempting to help, and she has Firefox, and I am clueless with how to save cookies on there. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks for any help, Susan

Open CCleaner. In cleaner settings there will be a Windows tab and an Applications tab. Look under the applications tab. There is a section for mozilla firefox.
#16 of 138 Old 05-06-2007, 01:55 PM

Hi Carrie,

Okay, so I think I'm confused. If I click on the applications tab, there is a section for firefox, I see that, but I don't see how to save certain cookies from being deleted in firefox. For Window IE, I just go to the options, cookies spot and do it. Where should the other mama go for firefox? Same place? Does she just save her cookies in there and then how does that get assigned to the firefox application tab? Sorry, I am clueless here.

Thanks, Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song of Joy View Post
Open CCleaner. In cleaner settings there will be a Windows tab and an Applications tab. Look under the applications tab. There is a section for mozilla firefox.
#17 of 138 Old 05-06-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanniemeyer View Post
Hi Carrie,

Okay, so I think I'm confused. If I click on the applications tab, there is a section for firefox, I see that, but I don't see how to save certain cookies from being deleted in firefox. For Window IE, I just go to the options, cookies spot and do it. Where should the other mama go for firefox? Same place? Does she just save her cookies in there and then how does that get assigned to the firefox application tab? Sorry, I am clueless here.

Thanks, Susan
I don't know what I was thinking.....I must have read your post wrong! I was thinking she wanted to access the section FOR firefox..... I use Firefox from time to time for GPT and I use ccleaner on it. I have everything but clean cache checked. Firefox still saves my login info for places like MDC. I don't know if that is the right way to do it, but it works for me. I don't know much more about saving cookies on firefox than that. She might give that a try and see if it works. Sorry to be so confusing! I was trying to sneak in a few minutes on the computer while I threw lunch together and the kids were outside with DH playing. LOL!
#18 of 138 Old 05-06-2007, 04:56 PM

I'm feeling blind at the moment. Where on DBP can I find what offers I have that are pending. I think I have figured out which freebies are crediting well for me, but I want to double check. I know I've checked this before, but I am not seeing where to look now : I've been much only done DBP this month and I'm loving her contests!

#19 of 138 Old 05-06-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I'm feeling blind at the moment. Where on DBP can I find what offers I have that are pending. I think I have figured out which freebies are crediting well for me, but I want to double check. I know I've checked this before, but I am not seeing where to look now : I've been much only done DBP this month and I'm loving her contests!
On any page that has offers you can complete, there will be a drop down list that has completed, pending, denied, ignored and under review. It is on the right hand side above the first offer on the page.
#20 of 138 Old 05-07-2007, 12:58 PM

Thanks Song of Joy, I finally found that late last night and felt like a ditz for having to ask then finding it myself. I think I am finally starting to get this figured out although I'm still not sure I want to branch out too many more sites.

#21 of 138 Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Thanks Song of Joy, I finally found that late last night and felt like a ditz for having to ask then finding it myself. I think I am finally starting to get this figured out although I'm still not sure I want to branch out too many more sites.
No problem....

once you get the hang of it, it really is easy and fun!
#22 of 138 Old 05-09-2007, 12:23 AM

strange- I tried doing the Body Fit Pro offer on CD- filled out all my info, and a message came up on their site saying their records show I'd already completed that offer- I DEFINITELY have not! rather irritating, I'd like to do the offer, should I email them? has this ever happened to anyone else?

eta- just to clarify, this message was on the Body Fit Pro website, not cashduck

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#23 of 138 Old 05-09-2007, 09:29 AM

I'd guess the company has other offers and maybe you signed up for one of those offers so your name is in the system. I have not had problems with BodyFitPro, but I have had a few other offers not let me sign up and when I did some digging I found I was currently trying another trial of theirs. HTH.
#24 of 138 Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 PM

I thought about that, but it's weird because it's not one of those pre-made sites that give multiple offers, it's something like bodyfitpro.com, yk? so it's odd... but I guess that's really the only explanation (that, or someone stole my info and did offers under my name, which would be pretty stupid)

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#25 of 138 Old 05-09-2007, 02:26 PM

Hi ladies
This will be my first month trying out GPT. I had some questions for those of yo uwho have been doing this a while.

Is this something you would consider to be a sustainable, legit way to work at home? If you put the time and effort into this, can it be something a single mom or someone can stay at home and depend on?

Is there a risk of completing all offers and not finding enough to continue to bring income in after a while? or do new offers pop up all the time?

I don't really understand how we are paid to do a survey, try a product, etc. can someone explain this better to me? Is there a risk that with the demand for making money and many people doing gpt at once that it will drive offers and whatnot down due to the amount of $ being paid out?

just some ponderings of mine. Thank you :-)
#26 of 138 Old 05-09-2007, 03:26 PM

good questions. I wonder a lot about this:

Quote:
Is there a risk that with the demand for making money and many people doing gpt at once that it will drive offers and whatnot down due to the amount of $ being paid out?
to me, it seems like that's already started to happen since I began last November. right now I'm scrounging for trials. even freebies are harder to come by IMO.

No, personally, I wouldn't be comfortable relying on this as a sole source of income- BUT I know there are some who do, and do well at it. Like most things, there are always people who are very motivated and organized and earn in the top percent, but most of us are going to be further down the ladder, whether that's the way the system works or just a question of personality and drive is debatable IMO. Mostly debatable because of the question I quoted above- how long is this going to last, with so many newcomers (ie, Cashduck recently gained about 2,000 members, it seems like in the space of a week or two, they went from 5,000 to over 7,000!!) granted, probably half of the population of any given GPT only do a few offers and then quit, at least judging by my ever so lazy referrals

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#27 of 138 Old 05-09-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
No, personally, I wouldn't be comfortable relying on this as a sole source of income-
I totally agree.
#28 of 138 Old 05-09-2007, 04:40 PM

This might be a really silly question, but on MPC, can I sign up for callwave using my privatephone #? Callwave says I need to enable busy call forwarding on that line and I don't know if that is something I can do... I'm wondering if callwave would tell me when a call is coming in on that line, or does it have to be a home phone?
#29 of 138 Old 05-09-2007, 06:50 PM

Hi there Mama's...

I started doing this in November 2006 and only did it for one month and made around $350.00 that first month. I screwed up and forgot to cancle a couple of paid offers and I have them cancled out now and everything..
Anyway, almost every month since I started I've popped into DBP's or MPC and have not seen many new freebies and it makes me feel frustrated... I want to get back into it but what the heck happened to those Winning Surveys that dished out up for $2.10 each and the others that were on the high end?!
I need the money badly but right now I can't get into paid trails and I'm not seeing many freebies. Am I looking in the wrong places?!
Thanks and Blessings,
Tawny
#30 of 138 Old 05-10-2007, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaOf3 View Post
Hi there Mama's...

I started doing this in November 2006 and only did it for one month and made around $350.00 that first month. I screwed up and forgot to cancle a couple of paid offers and I have them cancled out now and everything..
Anyway, almost every month since I started I've popped into DBP's or MPC and have not seen many new freebies and it makes me feel frustrated... I want to get back into it but what the heck happened to those Winning Surveys that dished out up for $2.10 each and the others that were on the high end?!
I need the money badly but right now I can't get into paid trails and I'm not seeing many freebies. Am I looking in the wrong places?!
Thanks and Blessings,
Tawny
those high paying ones got pulled b/c the company decided to reverse their payments etc. you might want to try freshfundz all of their freebies are over $1 while some sites pay as little as $.25 for the same ones. other than that you need to find which freebies credit for you the best and/or where so you make the best of your time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page