June GPT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 89 Old 06-04-2007, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't see one, so figured I may as well start one, and I have a question right off the bat:

Although I'm positive I never signed up for it, I just now got some BMG membership stuff including a CD in the mail! I'm sure it was here that I read of this happening to someone else....how was it resolved?

There's no number in any of the membership info, and since I never signed up in the first place, I don't have any other info. I guess I could send it all back, but it's not fair to have to pay postage to return something I never ordered! : Is this ringing a bell for anyone? Heeelp.
#2 of 89 Old 06-04-2007, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Problem resolved....for anyone who runs across this, I found some numbers by Google:

BMG MUSIC 317-692-9200 or 317-542-6067

They said I'm now cancelled (they still claimed that I signed up for this via their website and for sure I did not) so just beware!
#3 of 89 Old 06-04-2007, 06:47 PM

Well I made $77 my first month, doing freebies (I started halfway into the month too...). I'm so glad I found the threads here, or I never would have learned about this stuff.

Do most of you use several sites or just a couple? I have done a few offers at other sites but it seems like a lot to keep track of. Perhaps once I have been at it longer it will be easier to jump around...

Does anyone know of a site that lists offers & tells you how reliable they are? (As far as crediting, not overcharging, customer service, etc...) I've tried googling but perhaps I'm not wording it right.

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
#4 of 89 Old 06-04-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLotus View Post
I didn't see one, so figured I may as well start one, and I have a question right off the bat:

Although I'm positive I never signed up for it, I just now got some BMG membership stuff including a CD in the mail! I'm sure it was here that I read of this happening to someone else....how was it resolved?

There's no number in any of the membership info, and since I never signed up in the first place, I don't have any other info. I guess I could send it all back, but it's not fair to have to pay postage to return something I never ordered! : Is this ringing a bell for anyone? Heeelp.
Same thing happened to me a few months ago. Keep diligent records since it looks like they like to bill you later even though they say you are cancelled. I have not had any problems since I cancelled, but I am keeping EVERYTHING they send me!

ETA: Mine was the DVD one, but I think they are all the same company....
#5 of 89 Old 06-05-2007, 03:15 PM

I took last month off but I desperatly need to make $650 this month and i only have $50 on a simon card. Its going to be near impossible but you know those times when something can go wrong everything goes wrong? well its a costly going wrong week here and i am about to cry b/c i feel very beat up. anyone want to share what trials they did last month? i really feed off the energy!
#6 of 89 Old 06-05-2007, 03:48 PM

I had the SAME problem, but with Columbia House DVD club - I asked them what email I had supposedly signed up under and she listed off one of the emails I use for freebies - so it's obvious that they are selling our information. UGH

I am about to open up a credit card with CitiBank I think! I really want to jump in to the trials now that I've been doing freebies for a few weeks!

I would love to hear about the good trials as well!
#7 of 89 Old 06-06-2007, 01:52 AM

Happy June, everyone!

I made almost $250 last month, and that with a non-functioning paypal debit card (more on that later), so I'm rarin' to go this month. GPT is my "summer job" this year . It means DS and I get to have at least some lazy days during his summer break.

Amanda, I started with just one site (CD), in April. I only did a little in April, hit it hard at CD last month to get the over-$200 bonus, and now feel confident to dance between a couple of sites, shopping for the best returns. Part of it is that I've kind of played out CD for now, and am waiting for new offers to show up there.

For those of you using paypal debit, a word of caution. I was less than diligent, and some unanticipated, but legitimate, charges were attempted on my paypal debit. There were not enough funds to cover the charges (thankfully), but it caused paypal to suspend my card. It was my only source of $ for trials, and there were extenuating circumstances (I had withdrawn and deposited money) that made me think it was just a problem with the available balance. Once that money cleared, and I was still having trouble, I called paypal and got to the bottom of things. I wound up doing dozens of freebies just to have something coming in. I also learned to pay more attention to the GPT calendar I have in Outlook !

I have since given up on the paypal debit. I've applied for a Citi card and broke down and bought a Visa gift card for the short term.

dhinderliter, DS actually took a nap today so I got some good triallin' done. Did Video Professor (big payout!), psychiconeonone, a credit reporting service, Grant Mentor, and At Home Rewards. I also "bought" a referral on CD who has has been active! Yay!
#8 of 89 Old 06-06-2007, 03:56 PM

Is having a visa gift card a 'bad' thing? Just cause it cost a bit or something else? I'm just starting off with this stuff,only freebies currently, but so want to get started doing trials.

About 40% of my offers are not being credited. At wild4cash I saw a note about firewall and spyware programs causing trouble. On my computer I can see I have these programs, on active status, but I don't know where to turn them off. Anyone knows? And anyone knows whether this is true ? I also have a pop-up blocker icon that each time I enter a new page, gets turned on. Will I be fine with turning it off every time I enter a new page, or will I need to somehow disable the auto mode?

Thanks.
#9 of 89 Old 06-06-2007, 10:23 PM

Does anyone use RockHardCash? I finished all the freebies that I could about 3 weeks ago and I keep checking but there are no new offers. Anyone know how often new offers get posted there?
#10 of 89 Old 06-06-2007, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Do any of you do the loan applications? It seems they have decent payout, but I am very nervous about all of my personal information going out to a company I've never heard of before.

I made just over $20 last month trying GPT out. Once I actually get paid and feel confident that the money I supposedly earn is the money I do earn, I'll be going more at it in earnest. I only used one source and want to "use it up" before atempting others. I am just not organized enough to keep things straight doing multiple sites in addition to running my own business! LOL.

Providing things go smoothly with getting paid, I'd like to try to go for a few hundred this month to help with the publication costs of releasing a new book of mine!
#11 of 89 Old 06-06-2007, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
btw, I signed up for a few trials and wanted to say it helped greatly to have my calendar on my cell phone programed to ring starting at about 9am until I dismissed the alarm on the days I needed to cancel a trial.

Big problem if the phone gets lost (I also wrote the dates down).... But very easy to be reminded through the day. It'll ring about every 15/30 minutes if I don't dismiss the alarm, reminding me and making me so sick of the alarm that I get things canceled early in the day. LOL.
#12 of 89 Old 06-07-2007, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

If anything asks for my social security number, like loan applications, I don't do it. I just don't think it's worth the couple of bucks.
#13 of 89 Old 06-07-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLotus View Post
If anything asks for my social security number, like loan applications, I don't do it. I just don't think it's worth the couple of bucks.
I totally agree!
#14 of 89 Old 06-08-2007, 11:48 AM

Okay, I'm back doing these this month! I did really well for a while, earned a decent amount of money and a laptop, and then got burnt out. Now we've hit a bad patch financially and I'm trying to help out.

My question...I bought a My Simon card yesterday, and it still hasn't shown up! I'm anxious...how much longer? I am not ever using my real card again, I had one heck of a time with one company overcharging me and ended up having to work with Discover to dispute and block the payments.

I agree with the pp's...I don't give out my SS #. There is also a diet pill that requires you to use a check...I'm not giving out my bank acct info. no way.

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#15 of 89 Old 06-08-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie View Post
There is also a diet pill that requires you to use a check...I'm not giving out my bank acct info. no way.
I think there is a set of offers run by Momentum Direct that all require you pay by check. You get all your information entered and then find out you have no CC option. I just quit at that point. I argree with rebeccalizzie, I'm not giving out my bank account info. It just seems shady to have to do that. With all the CC processing available today, why do the need to only accept checks....which you can't very well dispute if they take more than they said they would. Too risky!
#16 of 89 Old 06-08-2007, 03:47 PM

I came across several of those ~check only~ offers yesterday, and quickly clicked away from them. Something shady about that.
#17 of 89 Old 06-08-2007, 04:46 PM

Yup, shady is definitely the vibe I got.

Anyone do any trials more than once? I shouldn't have canceled Cosmetique...I love my makeup. I was thinking if they allowed another free trial, I'd do that again and then stick with it?

#18 of 89 Old 06-08-2007, 04:58 PM

Just a friendly reminder that returns/cancellations are not to be discussed per the Forum Guidelines for GPT
Quote:
Do not discuss returns, how quickly to cancel memberships to avoid being charged, etc... THESE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED in order to maintain the integrity of Mothering and our community.
#19 of 89 Old 06-08-2007, 09:38 PM

I have a question. Are email and zip submits just that? I mean, do they *usually* credit after you enter only your email or zip code?
#20 of 89 Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned

What's a MySimon card?

I just started doing the GPT sites a week or so ago and have already made about $40 combined from 2 sites (Deal Barbie Pays and Treasure Trooper). I used to attempt to do Instant Profits last year, but I wasn't doing it right and didn't realize it until this month Hopefully I'll have better luck this time around with these 2 sites since I figured out how to not use a Proxy.
#21 of 89 Old 06-09-2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSnow View Post
I have a question. Are email and zip submits just that? I mean, do they *usually* credit after you enter only your email or zip code?
It used to be that way for me. I'd just enter the zip or email and get credit. Nowdays, it seems I have to add in the mailing address as well to get credit.
#22 of 89 Old 06-09-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sweeties1Angel View Post
What's a MySimon card?

I just started doing the GPT sites a week or so ago and have already made about $40 combined from 2 sites (Deal Barbie Pays and Treasure Trooper). I used to attempt to do Instant Profits last year, but I wasn't doing it right and didn't realize it until this month Hopefully I'll have better luck this time around with these 2 sites since I figured out how to not use a Proxy.
A Simon card is a prepaid credit card. You can learn more about them here: http://www.simon.com/giftcard/
#23 of 89 Old 06-09-2007, 03:04 AM

I don't have a good answer for you, I do know that for some people, just doing the first page is enough, but for others, they seem to need that second page also.

I'm not much help, sorry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song of Joy View Post
It used to be that way for me. I'd just enter the zip or email and get credit. Nowdays, it seems I have to add in the mailing address as well to get credit.
#24 of 89 Old 06-09-2007, 10:27 AM

I find that different sites make a difference with email/zip submits as well. I never had any of mine credit until I started doing them at Monster Pays Cash, and now most of them go through. NO clue why...

I do go ahead and do the second page with the address info, I've got Roboform so it only takes a second anyway.

#25 of 89 Old 06-09-2007, 03:44 PM

I did my first batch of email and zip submits on MPC yesterday afternoon while DS had a friend over and they played in the yard. I was pleasantly surprised later that night to find the majority of them had credited. I was so excited, I did a bunch more last night, and not one of them has credited. On all of them I only did the first page, so I'd say I'm running about 50% with that system. I'm going to start doing the second page and see if that helps.
#26 of 89 Old 06-10-2007, 02:41 AM

Hi Everyone. Been super busy lately but wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great gpt month. I am impatiently waiting for some good new trials to be added. I miss the good old days. Going on 15.. or is it 16? ... months now. Still loving it. Still amazed at how simple/easy it is to earn money in this way. I helped a couple of ladies get started recently and they are doing well and feeling incredibly blessed to have been introduced to the sites. That always feels good. Wish I had more time to just spread the word. So many people out there needing the money and wishing there was a way to earn it from home. It stinks that most people I talk to about this really don't buy that there are no strings attached. It seems too good to be true.
#27 of 89 Old 06-10-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie View Post
Yup, shady is definitely the vibe I got.

Anyone do any trials more than once? I shouldn't have canceled Cosmetique...I love my makeup. I was thinking if they allowed another free trial, I'd do that again and then stick with it?
no, you're not allowed to do trials more than once, but if you liked it, you could probably just go to their website and sign up on your own.

Sherrie, I feel the same way about people who think it's too good to be true. I have a hard time explaining it to people I meet "well, you can take surveys, enter sweepstakes, or you can do free trials and be paid for them..." they look at me like I'm crazy or they think it's the same as, say, Lightspeed Panel. it's difficult to make it sound legit, even though it obviously is.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#28 of 89 Old 06-10-2007, 05:44 PM

I don't think I've seen hardly any new trials in almost a month now. I know when I was moving, there was a 2 week period where I was not able to get online much and I kept worrying that I was missing out on all the new trials...only to find that about 3 were added. I hope some new ones show up soon!

I have the problem of getting people to think it is legit, too. They are just sure it is a scam and either they have to get people to sign up under them or they have to pay someone somewhere down the line. Others are just scared to put their information "out there." I just always figured, the info GPT sites are asking for and that you sign up for trials with is the same info anyone can pull up with an easy google search/yellow pages search.

Last, I said I would update on how moving went with the GPT sites....I notified all the sites I use about a week out. I used a trouble ticket so I could track my notification. Most replied to my tt within a day or two. I updated my info on the sites, then. I've been working off my new address/IP address for about a week now with no problems. It was very smooth sailing.
#29 of 89 Old 06-11-2007, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Radish4ever;8308562]I had the SAME problem, but with Columbia House DVD club - I asked them what email I had supposedly signed up under and she listed off one of the emails I use for freebies - so it's obvious that they are selling our information. UGH

Okay, I just now got a Columbia House DVD! That I never signed up for, might I add. That is so creepy! : Must go dig up the number...
#30 of 89 Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

For those who may be similary scammed by Columbia House, I found a number and spoke to a real human:

212-596-2000 and the lady I spoke to was at ext. 0230. The first time I called the number, it just gave an option to dial someone's extention....frustrated, I called right back and that time, someone answered right away and transferred me to customer service.

I have no idea what "offer" I did who used my information unauthorized but I hope most of you can avoid this!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page