Mothering Forum banner

how did you start a diaper selling website?

688 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Night Owl 
#1 ·
for the wahm's who sell cloth diapers, how did you start?
Thanks!

#3 ·
I started out as a member of the diapering boards here and at another site.

When I started making diapers, I sent out testers and even put a few of my diapers on ebay. I had signature advertising here and at the other site as well. It just eventually grew by word of mouth.

Customer service is a big deal, so make sure you focus on that in addition to a quality product.

Good luck!

#4 ·
Some of my clients started out trying every cloth diaper they could find -- and ended up creating a pattern to meet their baby's needs. After perfecting the pattern, they decided to sell the diapers as well.

Other clients tried lots of cloth diapers -- and fell in love with a few brands. When they decided to start a home business, they became wholesalers for those brands that they loved.

In both cases, they filled out the paperwork to make their business legal, signed up for their tax id, bought a domain name, setup a shopping cart, bought their inventory or supplies and started promoting their business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.