• Comfort Creations - nice and catchy but not ver descriptive
  • Healing Creations - only slightly more descriptive
  • Comfort Couture - makes me think of lingerie
  • Conceal Couture - ditto
  • Concealed Couture - it seems a little negative to me
  • Covered Couture - neither catchy nor very decriptive
  • Healing Couture - ok but not great
  • Clinic Couture - slightly dry and doesn't set you apart from the crowd
  • Barely Bare Med Wear - cute, catchy and fun; plus reasonably decriptive (you could use a bear wearing a gown as your logo)
  • Access Apparel - very professional sounding and tells people what your aim is

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#32 of 45 Old 07-19-2007, 04:04 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Barely Bare Med Wear - I like this one.
Comfort Couture - I also like this one.

I don't like anything with the word Dignity in it because that word belongs to funeral homes IMO.
#33 of 45 Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Barely Bare Med Wear - ok that one is funny. but from your choices I liked Dignity Designs beter. to be completely honest the Dr. isn't going to bring out a rack and say here are our latest styles by this designer. They are going to say here are two gowns. pick the one you want. I don't know about anyone else but I have ever made a note of the brand name of my gown.

dignity is what I wanted when I was giving birth. I did not want my bare butt up in the air, didn't want everyone seeing my crotch. I wanted to be covered. My midwife was sweet and kept pulling a sheet over me but it was having a hard time staying in place. and eventually it just had to go so she could see what was going on. I would have loved the option of a gown that allowed me dignity and modesty. Thank you for creating this!!! I really hope it catches on and you sell a ton. this is something that is so needed. I rarely feel like my need for modesty and covering during labor is respected. not by Doctors, or midwives or doulas or anyone else who thinks "once you move into transition you won't care blahblahblah" i cared. I really did care.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#34 of 45 Old 07-23-2007, 03:32 AM - Thread Starter

I know exactly how you feel...though I had my 2nd at home unassisted (unplanned), my first was in the hospital and everyone and their mom felt the need to come into my room for one reason or another..in labour, I really dont want to be thinking about is there a man in the room, are my legs covered etc

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#35 of 45 Old 07-23-2007, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

oh and fwiw, I know the doctors won't be opening a closet full of gowns to let you choose and neither they nor their patients care about the name, but I do want something that sounds good to the ppl doing the purchasing either for themselves (individual customers) or for the hospitals/clinics/birth centers, etc. for marketing/advertising purposes..plus i want it to sound good *to me* cuz it's my business that I'm really passionate about..I dont want to cringe every time I have to tell someone my business name (which is what I do now..cringe inside)
lol

oh and THANK YOU lilyka for your input..I love hearing from other modest mamas

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#36 of 45 Old 07-23-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyka View Post
I rarely feel like my need for modesty and covering during labor is respected. not by Doctors, or midwives or doulas or anyone else who thinks "once you move into transition you won't care blahblahblah" i cared. I really did care.
This is part of why I like the name Access Apparel. It doesn't require your most likely clients (medical institutions) to see the value of modesty or dignity itself. Only requires that they see the value in making their services accessable to modest people.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#37 of 45 Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 AM

Out of all the names suggested, I think Access Apparel is the best!
#38 of 45 Old 07-23-2007, 12:24 PM

Decent Exposure

I like Gotcha Covered and BBMW (Barely Bare Med Wear!)
#39 of 45 Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 AM

I like Access Apparel. If you are marketing to the health care professionals, they are more concerned that the gown "works" for what they need to do and will not get in the way, and I think the word access portrays that the best. It is also more easily expandable than something like demure couture. If you are marketing to the public, then you may want to use Dignified designs, because the public would buy these for that reason (implies being covered up).
#40 of 45 Old 07-25-2007, 05:55 PM

I like "Decent Exposure", but a quick Google shows it in use by several companies, including one that supplies bras for women with fuller figures.

"Barely Bare" (with or even without the "Med Wear") is catchy.

Just an idea, but you could also brainstorm invented words, like "Modestations" (but don't use that one, because it looks too much like "Molestations"...)

What a great-sounding product. I once heard another mama describe how she spent her entire labour asking her DH to hold her hospital gown closed at the back each time she had a contraction. She couldn't stay focused on birthing at all because her preference for modesty could not be accommodated by the setting, and it definitely affected her labour.
#41 of 45 Old 07-25-2007, 09:23 PM

I think you've got a great idea there. I've had dozens of people, both patients and medical staff, suggest through my fabric wensite that I go into manufacturing medical wear that people are more comfortable in, from plus-size doctors and nurses, to those undergoing long term treatments. There will be a lot of room for expansion once you get off the ground, it seems like.

As for names, none of your original names struck me as wonderful. I prefer one word names or names that can be shortened to one word for conversation purposes (no one says "Coca Cola Bottling Company") I am not a huge fan of the jokey names, either. Unless the joke is subtle. So far, Access Apparel is mt favorite. I also like the idea of a made up word. How about "Pacifity" short for "Pacifity Gowns and Scrubs" or something like that?

I wouldn't agonise too much about it, honestly. I mean, Peg Perego is a successful company, and noone's even sure how the heck to pronounce it!

treehugger.gif
#42 of 45 Old 07-26-2007, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutmama View Post

I wouldn't agonise too much about it, honestly. I mean, Peg Perego is a successful company, and noone's even sure how the heck to pronounce it!
thank u for reminding me of that!

#43 of 45 Old 07-26-2007, 03:22 PM

Another vote for Access Apparel.
#44 of 45 Old 07-27-2007, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

so you all think I should make another poll with Access Apparel, Dignity Designs and Dignified Designs? or have i overstayed my welcome in the WAHM section of the boards.LOL

#45 of 45 Old 07-27-2007, 01:24 PM

I'll vote in your poll if you vote in mine, lol.

Post it, please!

treehugger.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page