August GPT? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 43 Old 08-02-2007, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone?

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 43 Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 PM

I'm here.

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
#3 of 43 Old 08-02-2007, 01:25 PM

Link to July's thread The contest mentioned there at DBP is only for 3 days.

I've made it my goal this month to get another $7 or so and get rid of IPZ. I double checked and their cashout is $20. I have a hard time getting anything to credit with them so that should be interesting. I've been busy sewing and calling everyone who mentioned being interested in having work done for both dh and I. He only worked about 2 weeks for the entire month of July that was insane. I got an early payment from DBP and it couldn't have come at a better time. My only cashout from July was pretty low and I'm hoping to do better this month.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#4 of 43 Old 08-03-2007, 01:27 AM

:

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

#5 of 43 Old 08-03-2007, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Anymore word of which sites are closing?

#6 of 43 Old 08-05-2007, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone?

#7 of 43 Old 08-05-2007, 11:11 AM

I haven't heard of any except RHC, 3WOT and MM4M.

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

#8 of 43 Old 08-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned

I'm not happy. I received my PayPal payment from DBP, then a few hours later E-FAX and Privacy Matters went into my PayPal account and stole something like $60 from me. I NEVER use my PayPal card anymore (because there's never any money in there ) and I know for a fact I didn't use it on DBP because I used a prepaid Visa. How in the hell did these companies get my PayPal info???? Now I'm having to go through the hassle of sending in afidavits and crap to get my money back :
#9 of 43 Old 08-06-2007, 11:46 AM

does anyone know how long pending offers should stay pending? I tried two new sites and I have pending offers since friday. I don't want to do anything else on there until they approve!

#10 of 43 Old 08-06-2007, 06:33 PM

2sweeties ~ I'm sorry about your paypal mess. I've been there and done that. Actually just got an email from paypal on Saturday. I filed a dispute against a company (one of many) because of an unauthorized charge (one of many) and paypal refunded the money to my account. Now the company is asking for a "good faith refund" of the $60 and paypal was asking if I would agree to it. yeah right!! They were going to forward my response to the company. I only had 2 words for 'em lol but then decided to be a bit more professional I've had to put my paypal account in a restricted status because they couldn't stop the unauthorized charges and they couldn't break the link between my checking account and my paypal account (some "glitch" they claimed to be working on 8 weeks ago though it's still there). It was either lock my paypal account or close my checking account. With it locked money can come in but it can't come out. I've got funds that I can't touch because I can't withdraw. The 2 times I've had to lift the restrictions to withdraw I've had more unauthorized charges.

anywho... I did fairly well last month considering that I didn't do any trials. Some sites are not allowing prepaids and the last trial I attempted using one a couple of months ago resulted in a message telling me that gift cards were not allowed and that my ip was being logged and an investigation would be taking place. nice. This was from the advertiser...not the gpt site as the site did allow prepaids to be used and still does. I still had a fairly decent month doing new freebies. It was worth my time and the money is needed. The sites that worked best for me were cashduck, raid, and barbie (I had to a lot get denied but then hit a lucky streak and was able to complete a lot of freebies that were all approving. This only lastest for a short time. Now I'm back to almost everything being denied again).

Hope everyone has a lot of success this month!
#11 of 43 Old 08-06-2007, 06:35 PM

dara ~ what type of offers are still pending? Trials can take several days to a couple of weeks. All freebies that don't approve for me within 3 days I will delete if possible so they can be redone. I've been doing this for 17+ months and I might have had a freebie approve after 3 days maybe 2 or 3 times. It's very rare. I hope they approve for you today.
#12 of 43 Old 08-06-2007, 08:00 PM

they are all freebies.

are you saying that once you give out your paypal address to get paid, places are taking funds from you? that would NOT be good.

#13 of 43 Old 08-09-2007, 03:54 AM

No. I used the paypal virtual debit system after being told by paypal that the numbers were "one-time-use". I thought I was safe. They are not one-time-use numbers. They can be charged multiple times for a period of 3 months (when they expire). I the virtual debit numbers on a few trials several months ago. We aren't sure how.. but at least one of the virtual numbers got into the wrong hands or was passed around among "sister" companies who signed me up for memberships and services which I did not authorize. I've been billed by companies which advertise on the sites but have mainly been billed by companies I've never heard of.

I just got an email a few minutes ago from Kira at CashDuck. She has decided to close shop. All offers will be deactived on the 15th of this month. Everyone has until Sept 2nd to cash out but she requests that all cashouts be made this month.
#14 of 43 Old 08-09-2007, 10:12 AM

WHAAA!!!!

I just got the e-mail that cash duck is closing. It was one of my two favorite sites.

#15 of 43 Old 08-09-2007, 11:03 AM

Well she does have a full time job, and running a GPT on your own is hard work. Makes me glad I stopped going there last month and started to invest time at other sites.
#16 of 43 Old 08-09-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krankedyann View Post
WHAAA!!!!

I just got the e-mail that cash duck is closing. It was one of my two favorite sites.
CashDuck was one of my main sites... I had started hitting a couple of other sites harder since she didn't have many new offers up in July, but I've always had the best luck with crediting at CashDuck. :
#17 of 43 Old 08-09-2007, 01:20 PM

Deal Barbie promo code alert, folks! Check your in-boxes!

I finally got credit for a promo code WOOT!
#18 of 43 Old 08-11-2007, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Only 500 members could get it!

But Cash Duck closing isn't really bother me. I never got anything to credit there.

So I'm gonna lose $4 because she only lowered it to $5 for cash out.

I'm peeved about that.

#19 of 43 Old 08-12-2007, 01:31 AM

That's too bad about CashDuck; I just saw that too. It did seem that she was doing it solo plus her regular job, and I just don't see how she could have been doing all that by herself! That was actually my favorite GPT site. Now I'm going to concentrate more on Monster Pays Cash!
#20 of 43 Old 08-12-2007, 09:19 PM

I'm bummed to see Cash Duck go. It was the first site I used a lot and it definitely was the best one for crediting for me. I had played it out, though, since she hadn't added many offers I was interested in for quite a while.

I've been away from GPTs for a few weeks and am testing the waters again for a while. I'm finally having some success at DBP (an offer I completed in May just credited for $30!), so I may be doing some trials over there for a bit.
#21 of 43 Old 08-12-2007, 09:42 PM

I am very disappointed about Cash Duck, but I guess I'm not surprised in some ways. I have well over 150 people in my downline there, and for over a month not one person made a penny. It was to the point that I contacted Kira to make sure my account was OK and crediting like it should.

#22 of 43 Old 08-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Hi, all! I've been so busy I forgot to check MDC for a while.
#23 of 43 Old 08-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Oh, I forgot....I still have not been paid by Swat Cash! They said they re-sent my check and I haven't gotten that one, either. I cashed out a $50 gift card b/c I had enough point. It hasn't come. I posted back in the July thread about my original problems. They sent my may payment to my old address, even though I notified them of the change and updated my account immediately after I moved. Then they stopped that check and charged me $35 to do it. They said they were sending the remiander with the next payment cycle, but nothing! I'm getting really frustrated with them. I think once I get this money (if ever) I'm cancelling my account with them. It is too much a headache to keep trying to get them to send my money to me!
#24 of 43 Old 08-16-2007, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

I can't get anything to work for Swat Cash

#25 of 43 Old 08-16-2007, 09:10 PM

Nothing is working for me anywere. I did get one survey to credit over at Spare Stash.

#26 of 43 Old 08-17-2007, 12:48 AM

I pretty much did all the offers on dbp that I can, since the zip and email submits won't work for me. sigh.

#27 of 43 Old 08-18-2007, 01:56 PM

I just wanted to pop in and say good luck to everyone this month - I was so sad to hear of all the sites closing, many have been around for so long.
#28 of 43 Old 08-22-2007, 05:06 PM

Hope everyone is having a good August. I can't believe I'm still doing this after 18 months. I hope I have at least 18 more. It's just such an easy way to bring in a little extra income.

Please don't be discouraged by sites closing. Back when I first started there were only a few sites and that's when it was *really* good. Less sites means less fraud committed against each advertiser. This equates to happier advertisers which should result in more offers that pay more money. This means an increase in income potential for us. I actually hope a few more sites close down. There are still too many and this contributes greatly, imo, to the incentive world being so unstable.

So hang in there
#29 of 43 Old 08-23-2007, 09:04 PM

I FINALLY got my May payment from SwatCash. I have yet to get the GC I redeemed, though. ~sigh~

MPC has been doing some really great things lately. They have a wonderful selection of cash back shopping, forum contests, and they are adding offers (paid trials and/or freebies)....a few each day lately! I have not had time to do the offers, but it seems to be that people are getting regular credit for things there.

Since Cash Duck closed, and SwatCash has been so slow to pay me, I've basically just stuck with MPC. Can't beat that they payout the highest, either......
#30 of 43 Old 08-24-2007, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

DBP is paying pretty well right now.

I'm just having a hard time finding time to get any done.

Is anyone still doing My Cash Safari? She has been giving promo codes like once a week!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page