Zen Cart and Endicia - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-03-2007, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

We are getting closer to opening up our zencart store but I am trying to figure out all the shipping stuff. I have been looking at the Endicia site at the premium package but am kind of confused about how to go about setting it up. I know it can be used with zencart but what exactly do I need to download and do I need to do anything special in zencart to enable that option? Anyone who uses zencart and expedia, I'd appreciate any advice/wisdom. Thanks in advance!
#2 of 4 Old 08-05-2007, 02:36 PM

I use Zen and Endicia. The trickiest part of the setup is getting approved by usps to use their system. The Zencart forum has instructions for setting that up, but I did it before I had zen, just by clicking around on the USPS website. Here's the link: http://www.usps.com/webtools/_pdf/Development-Guide.pdf It's very wordy and unnecessarily confusing, as is to be expected for a government operation, I guess. good luck!

BTW, I love love endicia. zen, not so much.

treehugger.gif
#3 of 4 Old 08-05-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutmama View Post
I use Zen and Endicia.
I'm just curious, does your zen cart actually integrate with Endicia? It prefills the address information for you at Endicia? There are lots of people in the zen cart community that would love to know how to do that See the forum threads here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...hlight=endicia
http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...hlight=endicia

Zen Cart is set up to integrate with USPS, as kokonutmama said, you just have to get the approval from USPS, but that is just to have real-time shipping rates in your store, it's nothing to do with the labels. To use Endicia, you would have to install an additional module. There is one available, but it apparently does not work well at all and the author of the mod has gone MIA Others are working on this and will hopefully have a solution shortly!

Kokonutmama, if I'm totally missing something here, please tell me! I don't want to be giving out incorrect info, this is how I understood the whole USPS/Endicia thing to work with Zen Cart, but I could totally be wrong
#4 of 4 Old 08-13-2007, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. We had family in town so I haven't been back much since I posted. I've been reading the zencart forums about the module with usps that apparently doesn't really work and the author is MIA. Aargh! I registered with the usps webtools but am still confused about how it works with endicia. What do I download from them and do I need a special module with zencart? I am really lost with all this set up stuff and could really use some helpful hints from those of you with zencart experience. Thanks again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page