mamas with a catalouge.. - Mothering Forums
Work from Home Parents > mamas with a catalouge..
clothlovinmama's Avatar clothlovinmama 10:55 AM 07-14-2003
i want to get one printed....where is a good place to go, and what can i expect to pay? i am thinking 1/2 size of a reg piece of paper, color laminated or card stock covers and one color pages ....i would prob need about 30 pages or so.......

not sure how many to print...... 500? 1,000 or is this WAY overestimating/underestimating what i will need?

anyone want to help a mama out? :

LaLa's Avatar LaLa 12:33 PM 07-14-2003
I had a terrible time finding one, so we ended up doing our own and it was a TON Of work! I wouldn't recommend it!
LOL

Lori, at the Attachment catalog, always has a nice catalog. MAybe ask her via email who she uses?
clothlovinmama's Avatar clothlovinmama 10:11 PM 07-14-2003
what software you used to make yours?
i am thinking i am gonna have to make my own

LaLa's Avatar LaLa 12:25 AM 07-15-2003
I was doing it in word, which was a pain and then some, and my dh transfered it to Visio

it may seem like an odd choice, but it worked out very well

AND microsoft has free templates online for some brochure style catalogs that are a nice starting point for beginners
clothlovinmama's Avatar clothlovinmama 10:12 AM 07-15-2003
i am gonna do some serious thinking about this......
seems like ALOT of work to undertake, and from what i understand...not a very big return. I just keep getting ONS of requests for one.......
oh what to do? what to do?..........:
LaLa's Avatar LaLa 11:53 AM 07-15-2003
I stopped doing a print catalog.
We are a web store and we are not focusing on being a mail order business at this time. What I did for people who want catalogs is provided them a downloadable pdf of our catalog from the site so they can print it any time they like

clothlovinmama's Avatar clothlovinmama 12:08 PM 07-15-2003
thanks again Lala

LizHarrison's Avatar LizHarrison 03:37 PM 07-15-2003
I had mywhambiz make mine and my BIl prints them off for me (he works at a print shop)

So all I had to pay for was the design of them (I think it was $35.00) then I just e~mail him when I am low and he prints them up for me.

Liz
LaLa's Avatar LaLa 12:22 AM 07-16-2003
Liz, that was an AWESOME deal!!!

I can't believe they made you a catalog for only $35!!!
WOW
clothlovinmama's Avatar clothlovinmama 12:29 AM 07-16-2003
do you have a link or an email for her that you are willing to share?

thanks
LizHarrison's Avatar LizHarrison 09:02 AM 07-16-2003
Cantact Dana at
http://www.amazingdesignsolutions.com/

I think she got the old web site...

HTH,
Liz
HeatherSanders's Avatar HeatherSanders 10:16 AM 07-16-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa
AND microsoft has free templates online for some brochure style catalogs that are a nice starting point for beginners
I checked this out a while back and found I had to have MicroSoft Publisher to read the file once it was zipped over.
I do not have MicroSoft Publisher. I think Corel Vent. could read it too . . . but I didn't have that.
I too am considering a catalogue and trying to find the best way to go about it.
Knittin' in the Shade's Avatar Knittin' in the Shade 10:20 AM 07-16-2003
Heather, I'd bet Dana could put it into a PDF for you once it's finished so that you could read it with Acrobat. It's worth asking about
HeatherSanders's Avatar HeatherSanders 10:29 AM 07-16-2003
Theresa, thanks - I have considered going with a pdf format as well. Ours is an online store, but we have many moms that call saying that they got our business card from someone and don't have online access. At present, I've just spent a good amt. of time on the phone 'describing.'

So, I am hoping to do both, actually.

I haven't even worked up a cataglogue yet. I need to make sure that prices are going to stay fixed a while with some of my manufacturers before making that investment.

But I did save that link - thank you!
clothlovinmama's Avatar clothlovinmama 11:02 AM 07-16-2003
that is exactly why i want a cat. Too much time on the phone describing things for mamas with no internet. i recently recieved 2 other diapering wahmamas catalogs in the mail and was BLOWN away by how professional they both were
i doubt i'll be able to afford anything simialr, but i am at least going to check it out...can't hurt to be informed i guess
i was worried about proces staying the same...adding products/deleting products....the one catalog just added a loose page for new things, and also put little stickers that said..sorry item discontinued..i thought it looked ok this way.....
anyway...off to check out the link..thanks guys
mamaMAMAma's Avatar mamaMAMAma 09:32 AM 07-19-2003
We are a web store and we are not focusing on being a mail order business at this time. What I did for people who want catalogs is provided them a downloadable pdf of our catalog from the site so they can print it any time they like

This is a great idea. How do you create a downloadable pdf? : I get a couple of catalog requests now and then, and this would definitely satisfy them.
LaLa's Avatar LaLa 11:20 AM 07-19-2003
I don't really know how we did it because dh did it for me.

Anyone else know?
Maybe start a new thread asking how...

I know I had to make the catalog first and that was teh hard part!
:LOL
Up