Anyone in Direct Sales/Party Plan interested in... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 10-22-2007, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
having a thread for biz building ideas, support, and more? I love learning from others in direct sales, what is working for you, what isn't. Tips to boost sales, tips to grow your team etc...

Anyone interested in joining in with me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 10-22-2007, 01:59 PM

I would love to chime in on ideas, but I have a crazy week, so I'll : for now- I'll be back to see what people have to share in a day or two when life settles back down :

Brenda- Blessed wahmama to Sara(7) & Alex(5) 7/10 & 9/10 Living the crazy life with dh David & Charlie on our little urban farm!
#3 of 16 Old 10-29-2007, 04:35 PM

I'm interested as well so count me in! I'm new to DS and while I know what is working for me, I'd like to see what's working for others.

For me, right now, just giving out samples is all it takes. But what happens when that isn't enough anymore?

As for tips in growing my team, so far that is easy too - but at times I have a hard time explaining/convincing that the opportunity is legit. Does that make sense? How do you do that?
#4 of 16 Old 10-29-2007, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

My team is doing a booking bonanza tonight, and we are in competition with a couple of other teams, so wish us luck!

I'll come back later and respond to the previous post, after the bonanza...

Um.. well, actually I have a question for the pp. What kind of questions/responses are you getting? What is your line of products? (I think this objection is more prevalent with some products and not with others...)
#5 of 16 Old 11-02-2007, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

My team booked 45 parties tonight with about 9 consultants participating. Woo Hoo!!

AND, I just got promoted to our companies HIGHEST leadership level - Executive Director!!! Only like 2% of women get there, and I did it in record time!!!! Yippeee!!!

Now, I get to go on a trip to Vegas for some exclusive training, next week. I'm so excited!!!
#6 of 16 Old 11-05-2007, 07:00 PM

Subbing to this thread! I would love to share ideas and get support from other DS/MLM consultants.

I'm new to DS - just did my 2nd party last night. It's slow going, I'm having trouble getting bookings, and I feel as though I almost have to apologize for - or justify - my involvement in the business. I keep making the joke to other people, "Don't worry, I won't drink the Kool-Aid!" because I'm already assuming that people think of DS companies as "pyramid scams".

I want to get to a place where I can be comfortable talking about my business, without feeling like I have to say, "But don't worry, it's not like a cult or anything!"
#7 of 16 Old 11-06-2007, 01:44 AM

Isn't it frustrating that no matter how good the product is - you still have to overcome that MLM stigma? Unfortunately, it's bad salespeople who have created that negative perception.

Have you read anything by Zig Ziglar? I read Secrets to Closing the Sale and found it very affirming that sales is a noble profession and nothing to be ashamed about!
#8 of 16 Old 11-06-2007, 01:44 AM

Oh, and do you have a website? Put it in your MDC profile!
#9 of 16 Old 11-06-2007, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisa View Post
Oh, and do you have a website? Put it in your MDC profile!
Do you find that helpful?

I am joining ya all...i was in ds a few yrs ago and just joined a new company last week-VERY excited! Maybe we should share our goals...

Mine are to book 3 parties/week and recruit 2 consultants/month. Is that too ambitious? Not ambitious enough? The parties here in MT are REALLY doing well, better than national average. There is alot of opportunity in the rural states.

BTW-I do home parties for fine linens and bath/spa products at affordable prices.

Marisa, can you tell me how to put a linky in my siggy?
#10 of 16 Old 11-06-2007, 02:23 AM

Well, I don't have a website for my Usborne business as I am currently inactive (almost 40 weeks pregnant!).
You can't put it in your sig unless you buy a sig package - but if you edit your actual profile, you can list a website. Then people can click on your username in threads and it will say "View such and such's homepage". Then, if you are posting about your business or whatever, people can click on it if they're curious.
#11 of 16 Old 11-06-2007, 10:30 AM

I just "jumped back in" after nearly 5 years out. I was a manager and doing it like crazy before, but I am not looking to "go there" right away this time. I was just trying to figure out how to advertise my web site and I found Yahoo click through. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth the $$ ?
#12 of 16 Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 PM

I had a makeover last night/was invited to join a DS company, and I started thinking about it . . .it is so not me (I am not extroverted!) but intriguing. When I got home, the mascara started flaking and my eyes reacted to the makeup (a first for me), so I guess I got my answer about that particular company.

Anyway, subbing in case I find something else (I am looking, so if PMs are allowed, feel free to PM me about your company).

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#13 of 16 Old 11-06-2007, 03:36 PM

I would, I am involved in two different companies and enjoy both of them.

My downfall is that I work from home and recently relocated to this area, so know very few people, thus hard to get started being as isolated as I am.
#14 of 16 Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 AM

sorry I haven't posted! things have been CRAZY.

So, JMReinke asked what questions I get/responses.

I am so new to all this so I think I stumble over myself. Once people try the sample, they call the next day. Or they want a bottle NOW and I have to keep constant inventory in my car. But mostly I get questions/responses on the compensation plan. It's hard for me to explain as it is not a traditional DS in that way. But people are skeptical. But then again, they looove the product so I think they are a little conflicted too.

I need to sign up for the MDC advertising package so I can put the link in my signature. I just dont' want to step on toes. There are no "parties" involved. I just give out samples. It is a supplement (that's all I'll say till I post a review and put the link in my sig.), it's new, and so far so good.

Just getting more info has helped me. I think I just get so excited that people don't think I'm for real, which is funny because I am actually very skeptical and careful.

Anyway, so far things really are booming and I'm loving it. Just love it.
#15 of 16 Old 11-09-2007, 01:03 AM

Subbing to this. I am really interested in DS and have looked into a few opportunities I think I would enjoy.

Lindsay - DD1, born posterior and chin up at home, Aug 2007
DD2, born at home in the water, March 2010
#16 of 16 Old 11-09-2007, 02:00 PM

I'm new to MLM but what an awesome idea, making money on everyone's efforts, not just your own! I found a great company, and now I'm a believer. I've had some struggles, but recently found a woman named Dani Johnson, she is GREAT! She is an industry trainer, and on her website you can register for free and get a bunch of training! My mom is on her way to Dallas right now for one of her seminars (I'm jealous! But I have a nursing dd so I'm staying home). Check her out it's definitely worth your time!

Christian mama to one dear girl, and wife to a Jesus - loving husband smile.gif  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page