Webhosting with internetbasedfamily.com - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-14-2007, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone used this company? Feedback? Comments? Anything you esp. liked or didn't like?
One thing I can say--though the only thing so far--is that they have a free 10-day trial and you don't need to have site-building experience.
Any other thoughts would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Ame

I haven't used internetbasedfamily.com so I can't vouch for how easy it is to customize or the quality of the templates, etc

What type of site are you looking to set up?
#3 of 5 Old 11-14-2007, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

I want to start a site with natural/alternative/complimentary healing modalities including several types of energy work. I want to offer articles, book recommendations with links to where they can be purchased, distance treatments where applicable, and other resources re. how moms can keep their families healthy. I also want to include things like immune system support info and books and e-books on the subject, as preventative care, and maybe some things on nutrition.
I need an autoresponder, cart, mailing list form, etc, and hope to have a blog as well. I may be selling digital products, so password-protected or other secure pages will be needed, too.
#4 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Ame

Does internetbasedfamily.com support all those requirements? Do they have a support team to help you implement all of those features?

There are number of CMS (content management solutions) that are available with the standard hosting with cpanel/fantastico. Some of them are:

Drupal
Geeklog
Joomla
Mambo Open Source
PHP-Nuke
phpWCMS
phpWebSite
Post-Nuke
Siteframe
TYPO3
Xoops

I am pretty sure that Joomla would meet all your requirements and is fairly easy to implement. There are number of webmaster forums where you can hire people to set it up for you...and the price is generally reasonable.

The hardest thing about setting up a web business is knowing how to make your site do what you want ti to...being that this is new to you I would say you need to be sure that which ever hosting company you go with ...they have excellent customer support to help get you set up.
#5 of 5 Old 12-02-2007, 02:27 AM

I haven't used this company, but I just made my own website with GDI... see my signature... and I didn't know the first thing about web building. It is $10 per month for access to the program and the hosting, etc. I found the program easy to use, but the templates they have are a bit limited. I just used the most basic one and added my images to give it some flair. AND it is a money making opportunity to boot!

P.S. I love IStockphoto.com for images. They have a ton of great images (all royalty free) and pretty cheap (like $1 for a small image... I only use small).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page