Clothing packaging - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-24-2008, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you who make/sell your own clothing, how do you store/package it? Since we work with women who make our fair trade clothing, we import in larger quantities than if we were making it ourselves. I'm struggling to find a way to store inventory and package clothes for shipping that is really efficient and looks professional as well. So far we have just stored products in bags/containers and then just package each item up when an order comes in. Right now I use blank newsprint to wrap each clothing item in close it up with one of our larger company stickers. I want to stay away from using excessive plastic to wrap things in as well. I'd love to hear how you guys keep your inventory stored and what forms of packaging you've found to work the best.
#2 of 3 Old 06-30-2008, 01:54 AM

I, too, try to get away from platic packaging... but sometimes I have to use plastic.

For clothing orders, I use merchanize bags

http://www.nashvillewraps.com/ShowType.ww?Class=032

and place a my company stickers.
#3 of 3 Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Juat wanted to say thanks for the suggestion. We were out of state at a market this July 4th weekend and I picked up a cheap bag of paper lunch bags in regular brown paper and one in white. we had wrapped up our clothes and tied them up in cute ribbon so they looked like a big ole candy treat and then stuck them in a bag with our company sticker when we made a sale. They looked great, were super easy and cheap! yay!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page